Turtle Beach PX22 Headset not receiving game audio

• Thread starter Dan
  • 5 comments

Dan

Premium
United States
United States
Hi all. I'm trying really hard to get the game audio as well as chat audio only in my headset. I am using the Turtle Beach Earforce PX22 headset for my PS3. I have an HDMI setup for my TV. I'm about to start pulling my hair out because I have everything plugged in and no audio at all. With the 3 RCA cables (Red/white/yellow), I have all 3 plugged in. Red/white in the appropriate splitter connection. The instruction booklet isn't very clear, showing the yellow cable not being plugged in. Do I still need to connect the yellow cable? I'm so confused. None of the forums/YouTube videos I've searched haven't been able to solve my problem. Please help. This is really getting on my nerves.

Also, I can only hear chat audio in my headset, no game audio.

Yellow is video so if you're outputting video over HDMI to the TV, you don't need it.

Assuming I understand how the PX22 works and that I have any idea what the hell I'm talking about, the first place I'd look is the audio settings on the PS3. By default, if you use an HDMI for video, it also enables it for audio. At this point, you have two options. Change the audio output to RCA or set it up to do both RCA and HDMI.

TB
Yellow is video so if you're outputting video over HDMI to the TV, you don't need it.

Assuming I understand how the PX22 works and that I have any idea what the hell I'm talking about, the first place I'd look is the audio settings on the PS3. By default, if you use an HDMI for video, it also enables it for audio. At this point, you have two options. Change the audio output to RCA or set it up to do both RCA and HDMI.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that in a little while.

Hi all. I'm trying really hard to get the game audio as well as chat audio only in my headset. I am using the Turtle Beach Earforce PX22 headset for my PS3. I have an HDMI setup for my TV. I'm about to start pulling my hair out because I have everything plugged in and no audio at all. With the 3 RCA cables (Red/white/yellow), I have all 3 plugged in. Red/white in the appropriate splitter connection. The instruction booklet isn't very clear, showing the yellow cable not being plugged in. Do I still need to connect the yellow cable? I'm so confused. None of the forums/YouTube videos I've searched haven't been able to solve my problem. Please help. This is really getting on my nerves.

Also, I can only hear chat audio in my headset, no game audio.

I have used a set of turtle beach PX21 on the PS3. If the 22 is anything like them you need to have the HDMI and the RCA cable plugged in (the standard cable that comes with the PS3). Plug your headset cables into that cable, then there's an audio option you need to change (to make it play-back through both HDMI and RCA) in the PS3 XMB.

EDIT - If you would me to post a picture of the PX21 set-up let me know. Hopefully you can get it working though.

^^^^^^^
This is just how to do what Shazza has said.

Settings > Sound > Audio Output settings > AV MULTI
You could have the sound set to coming out of the HDMI but the microphone set to coming out of the headset. I know that my Triton AX PRO's can do this as well, having microphone through the headset and sound through the TV. This uses a USB Mic connection though and Optical Digital sound.

Back