TVR 5000M 1975

Sick_Cylinder
TVR 5000M Side.jpg

Only about 9 TVR 5000M's were produced. In North America TVR sold the 2500M which featured Triumph TR6 running gear - this engine had already passed US emissions tests. Triumph introduced the TR7 and ceased sale of the TR6. John Wadman, President of TVR North America began a project in 1974 to replace the straight six Triumph engine with a 302 Ford V8. Once the conversion had been developed TVR supplied a small number of cars without engines and gearboxes to Wadman, they also produced a couple in house including a race model for TVR MD Peter Wheeler.

TVR 5000M Rear Quarter.jpg
TVR 5000M Interior.jpg

Nice interior showing leather seats and below engine bay shot.
TVR 5000M Engine.jpg
TVR5000M Race Engine.jpg

Above photo shows engine of the Peter Wheeler 5000M race car featuring trick looking inlet and exhaust.

Interesting and even as a TVR afficionado fascinating - I didn't know that they had made 9 although I knew Wheeler had a race car built with a 5 litre engine. I totally agree though that including the 5000M would be a great idea so it gets my vote. TVR remain one of the most iconic British car manufacturers and also can I plead for Polyphony to update their Griff 5 litre model to GT6 standards. I'm pretty sure the 1990's TVR Griffith is up there with the iconic E Type Jag as one of the most beautiful and pure British built cars of all time.

Birdseed

Gotta love the Ford 302. Such a great engine.

I can't believe its still being built today. The Windsors have be one of the longest running engine lines, if not the longest. 1962-2001 for actual car installion, 1962-present if you include crate motors and brand new blocks.

Back