Tyre durability difference - Race <> PracticeF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 6 comments

Mr. S

Nikon Fanboy
Premium
France
Paris
So, I went to Hungary and all I got was...wait.

However, my prime tyres last around 16 laps in practice. Option laps around 10. Yet, my primes are completely gone after 12 laps during the race.

I've had fuel for 70 laps on board during practice as well and used the very same setup and settings in both sessions. Why's that? :odd:

So, I went to Hungary and all I got was...wait.

However, my prime tyres last around 16 laps in practice. Option laps around 10. Yet, my primes are completely gone after 12 laps during the race.

I've had fuel for 70 laps on board during practice as well and used the very same setup and settings in both sessions. Why's that? :odd:

I'm pretty certain in practice everything is scaled to 100%. This is pretty stupid, as it gives no feedback for how long your tyres are going to last. I'm assuming by this rule at a 70 lap race (Hungary) that if you wanted to simulate half distance fuel, you'd have to select 35 laps of fuel. Annoyingly, i'm unsure if everything is scaled to 100% or if just certain things are, like tyre wear for example.

I'm pretty certain in practice everything is scaled to 100%. This is pretty stupid, as it gives no feedback for how long your tyres are going to last. I'm assuming by this rule at a 70 lap race (Hungary) that if you wanted to simulate half distance fuel, you'd have to select 35 laps of fuel. Annoyingly, i'm unsure if everything is scaled to 100% or if just certain things are, like tyre wear for example.

But I did a 100% race, so it should be the same. Unless I misunderstood you. :)

Oh sorry, I assumed you were doing a shorter race. Because i've found that too in practice where my tyres hold out for a long time in practice, but go off much quicker in the race, and I always assumed it was because fuel and tyres were scaled to a 100% distance in practice vs whatever distance you choose for your race.

Thing is, that's preventing me from having a good race.

I'm starting on 77% options and have to pit in lap 7 at the latest. My primes endure until lap 20, at the most. So I'd have to squeeze in 5-6 pit stops. I made it to lap 30 and went in for my 3rd stop but they gave me used primes instead of new ones - I got out of the pits on P1 anyway tho, despite having stopped 2 times more than Hamilton (Legend AI *smug*). I should've 3 sets of primes for the race or did I miss something? :odd:

Im pretty sure its the difference in fuel in the car, in quali and practice its on low fuel, race is on full fuel. Just a thought

Back