Unusable cars in Garage with yellow exclamation mark

• Thread starter fizzy123
  • 29 comments
Scotland
Aberdeen
fizzy_mobz
I have a couple of cars in the Garage, which have a yellow exclamation mark. If I try to select them with 'X' or triangle, I am thrown out of the Garage. That means I can't even delete them. They are a big problem in online mode because if I scroll down in the list and any of these cars appear, I am thrown out of lobby without even clicking or doing anything. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

When I had that problem with one car it was a downloadable car. It didn't kick me out from the garage though. It told me to re-download the car. If this is your issue you should be able to download the car/s again from the playstation store or from your profile area.

If you had those cars available to you in the past and now they are not, it is because the DLC needs to be restored for that account or that PS3. You may not need to go the the PS Story. You might try downloading them again from your start screen for GT5

I had the same problem with the racing car pack in the academy edition gt5 and i downloaded the family pack from the psn. It is the only way to redownload them 👎

Very old question that has been answered a million times before. Just go into your Download list and either redownload the content that has the yellow exclamation marks or just download the family packs as stated above. Please try and use the search option next time.

These are standard cars and not dlc or premium. Still related to family pack? I don't think that I ever downloaded the family pack.

They are standard cars? I'm really having a hard time believing you here. Is there any way you could post a picture of what you're talking about or maybe the model of cars you are seeing the exclamation mark next to?

They are standard cars? I'm really having a hard time believing you here. Is there any way you could post a picture of what you're talking about or maybe the model of cars you are seeing the exclamation mark next to?

Ok dont make it too hard for yourself. No one knows everything. Here are the pics.

Attachments

• gt5.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
ok that is weird, the amuse S2000, OPTION STREAM Z, they are non DLC, they are standard cars,

did you possibly purchase them from the OCD?

Very Interesting pictures. I haven't seen standard cars blocked like that. Are these cars you have received in trade? Someone on here has surely experienced this before and can give you some help. Good Luck

It looks like you need to rebuild your thumbnails first of all. I doubt that's a solution to the problem but it's something you need to do.

I've never come across anything like this.. where did you get these cars from?

I've come across missing thumbnail pics and red circles with exclamation points (I think that's just because my friends TV was crap, but I've never seen it with non-DLC cars. How long hat this been going on? Did you load the game save from a flash drive? Happen after an update of any kind?

I purchased these, can't recall if they were purchased through used car dealership or online dealership. I wish if I can somehow just delete them so that I am not thrown out of the online lobbies while entering the garage and accidentally scrolling down to any of these.

I've come across missing thumbnail pics and red circles with exclamation points (I think that's just because my friends TV was crap, but I've never seen it with non-DLC cars. How long hat this been going on? Did you load the game save from a flash drive? Happen after an update of any kind?

Save file has always been on PS3 HDD. I noticed this problem about 4-5 months ago. Already deleted and installed game data but no difference.

Does the game crash when you scroll over them? please elaborate what you mean when you say you get kicked out

Does the game crash when you scroll over them? please elaborate what you mean when you say you get kicked out

No game doesn't crash. I am just thrown out to the GT5 home screen when scrolling down and any of these cars appear in the garage. When I am not in online lobby and enter the garage in offline mode, then scrolling over the cars is possible and that's how I took these photos. But if I try to select these by pressing X or triangle then again I am thrown out to home screen. Hope this is clear enough.

I don't even know what to say about this one :yuck:

Have you ever used one of them before that happened?

Last edited:
No game doesn't crash. I am just thrown out to the GT5 home screen when scrolling down and any of these cars appear in the garage. When I am not in online lobby and enter the garage in offline mode, then scrolling over the cars is possible and that's how I took these photos. But if I try to select these by pressing X or triangle then again I am thrown out to home screen. Hope this is clear enough.

Plenty clear :) Though the problem certainly isn't.. I've never heard anything of the like.

I don't even know what to say about this one :yuck:

Have you ever used one of them before that happened?

Yes I was able to use these cars. Probably I will delete the game data and see if the cars can be deleted without updates applied. Apply the updates later on.

have you done something to you GT5 disc, like ejecting it just before it saves the game because you wanted to duplicate a car or something?

Ok deleted all the game data and tried to re run the game without updates. Game installs some preliminary data and then sit stuck on initial GT5 logo screen. So can't run the game without updates applied. Weird :(

That is a very unique, weird bug indeed.
I experienced this twice, once when I duped a car with a friend, I had to use a backup from my USB (luckily the backup was created just before I sent the car to dupe so I lost nothing), we simply repeated the dupe the next day and it was fine. The second time was when I deleted game data, purchased cars while playing on an earlier version of GT5 to glitch their stock rim colours, and went back to current version, they got corrupted with that yellow ! mark. Had to use the backup I created before I deleted game data.

Two suggestions you could try: delete game data again but keep the save. Start the game on 1.00 (or whatever is the lowest version that will start, for me it stays at a black screen below 1.06 when I try to play with 2.00 or later saves). Check the broken cars. If they are normal now, sell them. Now update again.
If that doesn't work your only fix will probably be to load a backup you made before you purchased any of these cars, in case you got one. :indiff:

Edit: Only read 1st page. Sorry, I got tree'd it seems. Try to download 1.06 only and run the game. If that still causes trouble, download further patches step by step, try to start and load your save each time until it works. 👍

Last edited:
Ok deleted the data and reinstalling the updates one by one. Managed to get in to the game at 2.0. No exclamation mark on those cars but cannot do anything with them. Nothing happens if I try to select them by X. I get the drop down menu with triangle but clicking on select, demo, sell or any other option doesn't do anything. If i click on create thumbnail for any of these cars that takes me back to GT5 home screen. Since I cannot go in to lobby without all updates, therefore, cannot tell that what will happen there.

Only on the broken cars or on every car in your garage?
And, I'm sorry to tell you this, but it sounds like some of your garage data is broken.

Back