Various things to be updated?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter DriftStyle
  • 9 comments
England
West Yorkshire
ScottNX
Should the next patch include the new records and lap times? Should there be an update to the intro which shows us the race highlights from the whole season?
Discuss here!

I very seriously doubt that there will be another update, mate. It would be nice, but there hasn't been a peep out of Codemasters since the last patch, which caused a couple of new screwups. Same thing happened last year after the patch, silent. Looks like we'll have to make due with what we've got at the moment, which is still pretty cracking, personally. :cheers:

I think they need to fix problems before they look at making new items in the game. The one thing i'd really like them to fix is the tire glitch. Seems like no matter what you do the tires are always reverted to the new set. Something little like that is crucial because I can't strategize anymore :[

Last night I was running my career (2nd year driving for Mclaren) and a couple things I noticed while at Catalunya..

I qualified pole and when I got back to the garage my engineer said I was down in all 3 sectors, clearly I was purple. Another thing that really gets to me is the slow traffic not moving and not 1 single blue flag or light flashing. Thankfully I had a hefty lead and when the lapped traffic hit there braking points early I didn't destroy my wing on the last 2 laps.

I simply can't figure out why they release a game that does this type of stuff. It was never corrected from 2010 and I think that is what they need to work on before releasing a new game. I love it, don't get me wrong but when in a Co-op race with your mate it is crucial for lapped traffic to get out of the way or consistently stay on one side of the track.

Last night I was running my career (2nd year driving for Mclaren) and a couple things I noticed while at Catalunya..

I qualified pole and when I got back to the garage my engineer said I was down in all 3 sectors, clearly I was purple. Another thing that really gets to me is the slow traffic not moving and not 1 single blue flag or light flashing. Thankfully I had a hefty lead and when the lapped traffic hit there braking points early I didn't destroy my wing on the last 2 laps.

I simply can't figure out why they release a game that does this type of stuff. It was never corrected from 2010 and I think that is what they need to work on before releasing a new game. I love it, don't get me wrong but when in a Co-op race with your mate it is crucial for lapped traffic to get out of the way or consistently stay on one side of the track.

I'll agree that the traffic needs to learn how to get out of the way. But there are Blue flags. I noticed them at Catalunya being waved by marshalls on the side of the track almost every lap.

I'll agree that the traffic needs to learn how to get out of the way. But there are Blue flags. I noticed them at Catalunya being waved by marshalls on the side of the track almost every lap.

I looked for them on the whole lap since I had such the lead, I promise there were none out. lol Agree to disagree either way it's all about the traffic, what's it matter if the flags are being waved and the AI ignores it. I know "I" would get a penalty for it. haha

Just ran Monaco and blue flags were everywhere towards the end.

Last edited:
I agree that the tire bugs should be fixed, but in regards to backmarker, I think they're much better now. In the past they would deviate from their line as you were about to go by, causing many collisions, now they do what you're supposed to do and just hold their line

I agree that the tire bugs should be fixed, but in regards to backmarker, I think they're much better now. In the past they would deviate from their line as you were about to go by, causing many collisions, now they do what you're supposed to do and just hold their line

It's still really bad for me. They drive in the middle of the track, until I get about 10 meters from them, then they decide to go wherever they want. Can get really scary at times.

Got this game and started playing it yesterday. The AI is terrible when you're coming up behind them. They're unpredictable and randomly slow down in qualifying and practice (Lost a front wing and almost spun into the wall avoiding one). Also they slow to a crawl right on the apex sometimes at some of the tightest corners where hitting the apex is crucial to laptime.

In the actual race they do seem to be more predictable, but they suffer from the same issue as they do in GT5, they don't react dynamically to your car's position. Often they will move off-line as you get close to let you past, but as i'm already off-line preparing my overtake, they are effectively defending their line. Sometimes it appears as though they let you past and then they quickly move back to the racing line at the last moment.

Quick example:

Back