Viewing SVG Files

United States
Colorado
Is there any free apps out there that are free for a way to view your SVG files. Right now I open them using Inkscape & this is a pain when you doing this for many files. If you know of an appt please let me know.

garystevens64

Inkscape is a free way to view your SVG files.

Microsoft power toys can display a thumbnail of an SVG in explorer if that's what your looking for. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/
I'll have to check that out. Right now when I go into my finished Logos (svg files) I can't see an imapine it just shows it is a svg file . So I have to open it up using Inkscape in order to see that iminge. I've tried to view them using what ever photo software can with my pc to view pic's but when it come to a svg file it shows nothing. I hope that I explained it so you can understand what I'm trying to do. Thanks for your response.

garystevens64

Microsoft power toys can display a thumbnail of an SVG in explorer if that's what your looking for. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/
Inkscape is pretty powerful but has a steep-ish learning curve and requires secondary software installs (or used to). It's great for freeware, though.

What application are you creating the logos in, and why save them specifically as an SVG? EPS or .ai might be easier-to-view options. I know Acrobat Reader will display .ai files.

Inkscape is pretty powerful but has a steep-ish learning curve and requires secondary software installs (or used to). It's great for freeware, though.

What application are you creating the logos in, and why save them specifically as an SVG? EPS or .ai might be easier-to-view options. I know Acrobat Reader will display .ai files.
Is there any free apps for a way to view your SVG files.
It's in the title as well...

Great tip, I didn't know about this. I've got 3500 badly organised and badly named SVGs, just installed powertoys and it will definitely help.

@garystevens64

This is what it looks like... just click the file, and get the preview.. the one drawback is that you can't see files that are only white...

1721054832763.png

Or, you can view them in the file list if you view large icons etc.. takes a while to load if you have a lot of files...

1721055368398.png

It's in the title as well...
I misunderstood what he said here:
I'll have to check that out. Right now when I go into my finished Logos (svg files) I can't see an imapine it just shows it is a svg file.
I took that to mean they could not see anything in the file. I guess they mean they can't see thumbnails.

I believe Inkscape has a preference that will show a preview in Inkscape's Open File dialog box. There should be a check box there, or maybe in the preferences.

There is also this free viewer.

Back