Volkswagen Beetle GRC Andretti Rallycross 2014

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
It's a really fast Beetle basically made for the GRC and will be driven by Tanner Foust. Anyway, I'm kinda a fan of the new VW Beetle. I definitely prefer it over the previous one.

vw-beetle-rallycross-01.jpg

vw_grc_rallycross_beetle_1.jpg

Updated version with no livery
001-vw-beetle-grc-1-640x425.jpg

002-vw-beetle-grc-1-640x426.jpg

003-vw-beetle-grc-1-640x426.jpg

Specs:
Engine - Turbocharged, 1.6L TSI Inline-4
Drivetrain - Front Engine, 4WD
Power - 544 hp
Weight - 2,668lbs (1,210 kg)

Link(s):
http://95octane.com/2014/02/06/grc-rallycross-vw-beetle/
http://jalopnik.com/holy-crap-tanner-foust-will-rallycross-this-560-hp-volk-1517311738

Last edited:
Given PD's relationship with Redbull, I doubt we'll be seeing any cars with Rockstar and Monster liveries in the game.
Indeed, what PD could do is getting the care with a "base model" livery or another diferent livery.

hsv
💡

886x498px_Beetle-GRC-DC-3.jpg

EDIT - The Wedssport Lexus has Rockstar sponsorship, mind you.

Yeah but Rockstar was only a minor sponsor of the Wedssport, it wasn't a Rockstar livery as such. It only has a single five-pronged yellow star on the back window. The initial images of this car was of a car with "Rockstar" emblazoned across its doors.

Yeah but Rockstar was only a minor sponsor of the Wedssport, it wasn't a Rockstar livery as such. It only has a single five-pronged yellow star on the back window.
Primary or secondary sponsorship doesn't matter; a sponsor deemed unsuitable for anyone's needs would not make it on.
The initial images of this car was of a car with "Rockstar" emblazoned across its doors.
The initial launch had both Foust and Speed's car. It's the Forza sponsorship I see being the trouble.

I’m not sure Red Bull would be indifferent between a car with a single yellow star and a full Rockstar livery being included in the game. We’ll agree to disagree.

I’ve noticed however that Red Bull is now the sponsor of GRC. I think this would perhaps make the inclusion of the car in the more likely as the Beetle is such an iconic car and that Rockstar livery notwithstanding, it would bring more attention to the series and thus to its sponsor. The energy drink wars are fierce but its competitors are quite pragmatic.

Regardless, I would love to see both cars/liveries in the game.

Back