Voodoo's BTR and CTR tune

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 12 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
I have made some big advancements lately (Thanks to Consciousness1s (sp?) for the sway bar tip). Since I never feel that these cars have gotten to their full potential, I keep tuning and looking for speed. Now, I think I may finally be bumping against the ceiling of their full potential.

I made another step forward over the weekend.

For 550+, Add all mods to the cars, then adjust power to suit your desired PP. For 505, no engine mods.

Downforce is set to 15 on the 550 BTR - 505 BTR does not need a wing
Set the ballast so you have a 45/55 weight distribution
BTR 1180kg (ballast set to -44)
CTR 1180kg (ballast set to -44)
CTR2 (optional ballast - I've found that the benefits and detractors balance out)

Set the Diff to 5/20/5
CTR2 5/10/5 5/20/5

Transmission: Set the final drive to 3.250. For 505, set the top speed to 380kph. For 550 set the top speed to 380kph (yep, the same as 505). For 575, set it to 410kph

(Note, testing showed that at 550, 410kph was the best performing gearing for straight line acceleration, but it adversely affected handling resulting in lower overall times. 380 was the best compromise)

Suspension: Front Rear
Height -25 -35 <------Note this change. This will aid GREATLY in keeping the rear in line.
Springs 12 15 <------Because of the above mentioned changes
Springs 13 15(for CTR2)
Extension 9 9
Comp. 5 5
Anti-roll 1 1 <-------because of the added drop in height, the rear roll bar is dropped

Camber 2.5 2.0
Toe -0.1 0.25

I found these last changes to be a massive benefit.

Last edited:
Hi my first post to GTP. Me and my friend raced against this guy the other night (sat or sunday). His CTR and his yellowbird were awesome, fast and very well planted. Im gonna give his tunes a go for sure.... Very nice person aswell

Could this be the beginning of a new Tuning Garage? That'd be cool.

I think I may have even seen you around the online races from time to time; and if I remember correctly, with some success too.

I'll try these out when I get a chance and let you know how they worked out.

I don't mean to bump this, but I would love to see everyone's times with this set up. It gives me something to shoot for. If you think you have some improvements, please share (but please include a lap time). I will be posting my time soon.

First post updated!! 550 BTR is capable of low 8:20's at the ring.

You mean the 24h nurburgring?
I remember you in the 505pp rooms i think you were there yesterday with your RUF. :)

Yep, the 24hr. I had just gotten the 505 BTR's suspension and diff spot on. I got the tranny sorted out today :)

Yep, the 24hr. I had just gotten the 505 BTR's suspension and diff spot on. I got the tranny sorted out today :)

Thank you
Need to know what tires you tuned and what brake balance
Did you use ?

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that if it's 8:20 on the 24HR course, it's not on Sports Hards...:sly:

I've been monkeying with these cars a bit lately in stock trim, wondering if they can make a decent PP racer. I'll give these tunes a try at some point. 👍👍

NEW UPDATES IN FIRST POST!

FYI - I left the brakes stock. Tires would have to be RS to get the top time. The above set up will surprise the HELL out of a few people when they can't catch you :)

Goodluck with your tune, too bad 505pp and 550pp on racing soft dont get much popular here, its great!

I was there with the 458 Italia tonight.

Thank you :) I will try to get more out of it but it will be difficult.

Back