Wangan League Based off of TXR

Downhill Dino

Premium
United States
Maryland
DownhillDinosaur
Always wanted a Wangan league out there but none to be found. Or they just died. But who would be interested in doing a league or something based off of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series? It will be RPG style to let you know.

If this does get interest I'll do some of the following.
- Starting money to buy and tune
- Money received from opponents
- Tracks used are SSR7, SSR5, and Clubman Route 5
- No tuning limit such as HP or PP

This can be something that can involve more then just a server's worth of people. (16)

What you'll be and how your "rank" works. Rivals are for just any ordinary player, ones that come often or all the time. Teams are for those Rivals who have assembled themselves including a leader. I'm thinking 5 person limit including leader. Wanderers for those who only come twice a week or even less then that. Bosses are those that who'll start with better cars and tuning money. For a challenge you know?

I'm also thinking of a level system. Level 10 limit, 5 battle wins to move on to the next level.

How race works can be simple. Point to point, such as going through the tunnel on SSR7 from one end to another. 1 lap around the track, or multiple laps. All other drivers will be cruising or challenging other players.

This will be an everyday league. I will host a room everyday at whatever time. You don't have to show up every day. How it may work out. Like TXR everyone will start out at the beginner stage, Clubman Route 5. Once getting to the required level or beating the stage's boss you will progress to the next stage that will be hosted by another player while I host any stage that I am at. It will require people who are willing to host rooms by the way.

How does this all sound? This can be something you can do in your free time too. And I hope those of you who've played and liked Tokyo Xtreme Racer see this. :)

Yesss! Finally someone else who loves txr! SIGN ME UP!

Last edited:
Hmm, this is all great guys but I think that just taking Japanese street cars and keeping them very lightly modded on sports tires isn't much different than any other series.

In order for this to be a true Wangan TXR series we need to give the series the edge that it needs in order to be really special.

And the special edge is traffic.

We need to do one on one races with a bunch of people in the same little cars acting as "traffic" They move at a predetermined speed and space from each other around the track and it's up to us to race around them.

As long as it's 2 cars and 10 or more cars acting as traffic then we'll have a real incredible experience going.

If we could take care of that, I'm totally down, I'd help you out in organizing it too if needed. 👍

I'm glad you two are interested. And your right about the traffic Wardez. I can already see racers dodging little Daihatsus and Suzukis. :lol:

Hmm, this is all great guys but I think that just taking Japanese street cars and keeping them very lightly modded on sports tires isn't much different than any other series.

In order for this to be a true Wangan TXR series we need to give the series the edge that it needs in order to be really special.

And the special edge is traffic.

We need to do one on one races with a bunch of people in the same little cars acting as "traffic" They move at a predetermined speed and space from each other around the track and it's up to us to race around them.

As long as it's 2 cars and 10 or more cars acting as traffic then we'll have a real incredible experience going.

If we could take care of that, I'm totally down, I'd help you out in organizing it too if needed. 👍
Thats a good idea, but that wouldn't really be TXR. You couldn't just drive up to someone and flash your lights/honk your horn and race. Also, I would host a server if you need me to.

I guess your right about how the whole challenging thing is. I guess that's something that rivals will have to do in the thread. Do you think I just should just make it and see how it works out? You guys can help out if you want. But I do have an idea of how some things work. By the way, if I do make the thread, what should the title be?

Last edited:
I say go for it. I would help you out, its not like I have any other big gt5 leagues. TXR:5? I suppose thats a little on the nose, but its not like you couldn't change it later?

I say go for it. I would help you out, its not like I have any other big gt5 leagues. TXR:5? I suppose thats a little on the nose, but its not like you couldn't change it later?

That sound like a good title. :D

Alright. I'll go see what happens. I'm really excited. I have been wanting to do something Wangan related in a long time.

EDIT: Click here for the thread!

Last edited:
Back