Watch out for the Red Bull X Challenge A.I.

• Thread starter Nico_Ble99
  • 15 comments
Germany
Recklinghausen
n_blkr
I was in the Spa 2 lap race. I braked at chicane, but suddenly the other car pulled to the right, jumped across the chicane (that little bump in the grass) and parked in the middle of the road. Then at my next try, I had let the A.I. driving in front of me to see how the A.I. drives through the chicane. Result: the A.I. is kinda cheating. He brakes way too late, misses the apex of the first half of the chicane. Then he cuts the other half (corner to the left) completely. All wheels were behind the white lines. So, the A.I. proves again that it isn't the best A.I. and that it won't be the best.

Someone else who noticed that?

Well, I am a nice guy and I finished first, had a better exit out of the corner :D
And yeah, if the AI would be so aggressive in every single race...

It honestly felt like a challenge keeping Vettel at bay.
Every time I thought the AI's going to slow down to turn it just barrels round like me or anyone else would.
So every time I thought I pulled away from him he's right on my gearbox and not backing off. Best battle with the AI in a long time. 👍

You're right, he didn't left my tail neither. When I got wide in a corner he imidiately tried to dive down the inside :)

Vettel did the same!! He cut through the last chicane at Spa after I managed to overtake him. I didn't touch him or anything. He just suddenly flew past by me in mid air and got to the finish line first. Thankfully you win this mission by time; not by being in first :D

Wait a second.... Do I have to fully gold the standard event to unlock the Vettle event..?
you have to get bronze or higher for standard championship
but dont give up if you cant , my first try i came 8th in championship!! second try came 2nd , 3rd time first & a few times after that for grinding
if you are not used to drive the X1 cars in GT5 its gonna be hard at first you gotta get used to it but then it comes easy
n the vettel challenge .. wow.. first time gold all 3 of them super easy!

you have to get bronze or higher for standard championship
but dont give up if you cant , my first try i came 8th in championship!! second try came 2nd , 3rd time first & a few times after that for grinding
if you are not used to drive the X1 cars in GT5 its gonna be hard at first you gotta get used to it but then it comes easy
n the vettel challenge .. wow.. first time gold all 3 of them super easy!
No it wasn't that.... I drive by the mantra, "when in doubt, go flat out" so I spun a couple times. Ended up fourth the first time but thanks for the info..

Edit- I just have to say the background noises from other cars *on point* if they could only amplify the other cars to make it sound like a real race, rather than a mono stereo race it would make the game that much better.. Less wind noise, more environment noise.

Last edited:
I gotta say. I've played a lot of racing games ranging from Dirt 3 to Forza to Shift 2 and I've never lost outright to A.I. like I did in the Apricot Hill race. My hat's off to you, PD

The A.I kicked my arse, I was surprised, usually I would bully them around the track as they trudged along in a line at the speed of a senior citizen. But not this time! I was throroughly surprised. 👍👍👍

Vettel's AI is brilliant!! Not only much faster, but a lot more aggressive and will actually attempt to overtake you again unlike the poor AI seen in the red bull jr championship which would come to a complete stop if you slowed down. Vettel also made the odd error such as clipping the sand trap and spinning out on the exit of the 2nd chicane at Monza. If only PD could implement this sort of AI into other races as racing against 15 Vettel quality AI would be one hell of a race!!

Do you guys feel the AI car (is it Vettel himself?) slow down in lap 2? I fell behind it over 3 sec. in the first lap but caught up in the 2nd lap. All three.

In Spa, I encountered the opposite situation -- I push him out of the track (er... 'push' is a conservative term :sly: )

I didn't mean it, and had no idea why he suddenly slowed down where it shouldn't. Oh, that was the only moment I found this series interesting, though.

Utterly fast, full of excitement, benchmark of race car technology, ultimate dream of speed machine.... ?

Yes, yes, yes and yes!

But driving pleasure? I'm afraid not. They're too fast and lack of process of handling and the feels along with it. Aim and shoot, no fighting.

I found "Vettel" way too easy to beat, slow and aggressive, none of the qualities needed in a challenging X fan car opponent. It'd be nice to see what that AI system could do in the other events in the game, though... 💡

Back