WDS 19 - Drifting Aimlessly Away - Poll is up, get your votes in!

• Thread starter Suzuki
  • 52 comments

Your WDS picks

• Video 1 - [YOUTUBE]0EaujyzJjBg[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Memphis, Tn
LayNLow
elcaptn2be4.jpg

Please read the following section carefully. Failure to comply with the rules may result in your video not being shown in the final poll.

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. NO IDENTIFYING MARKS. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured on entrant's choice of track cam or dive cam, as well as with the chase cam + display. Failure to at least show the chase view+display will result in your video not being shown in the final poll - NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Entrants will upload their videos to YouTube. Entrants will not post their videos in the thread themselves.
  • Entrants will PM me the YouTube link to their video before the next Sunday. All that is necessary is the URL. It should look similar to the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dl49BbZi6Q
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (usually Sunday, unless I'm very busy).
  • There will be 1 week of voting to determine a winner.
  • The winner selects a theme & location for a future WDS.
Polling Rules:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I WILL ALLOW 2 VOTES PER PERSON, NO MORE. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is obvious tampering with the poll results, [for example: asking your friends to vote for your video, etc], you may either have votes deducted in the final tally or may be excluded from the poll altogether. If it becomes a common occurrence I may suspend future WDS entries as well.
  • There will be two Honourable Mentions each week:
    • The entrant who won the right to pick the theme/location (ie. the winner three weeks ago).
    • The entrant who won the previous WDS event.
    If clips are submitted by these individuals, they will be placed in a special HM's section of this post, and will not be placed in the poll.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
If anyone has any questions or suggested changes to this format please PM me about it.

This Week's Challenge:

As indicated in the above map. El Captian Reverse Turns 14 - 16 (look at the map for the exact section. my Turn #'s might be off)

Theme:
Stock RWD cars only, from the year 1990 - 2004. No tire Mixing.
Entrants must show their display screen to verify tires, etc.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Wensday, March 28th.

Entrants:
~Drift King~
articzap
GeeTown_Drifter
Hazzy
Geoff

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Additional Notes:
Remember, Stock cars only. No tunning allowed.

Honourable Mentions:
This week's Honourable Mentions are:
  • Week 16 Winner - BeeDizzle
  • Week 17 Winner - Suzuki

yes geoff, as long as its rear wheels are powered by the engine, you may use any engine layout you wish. so rr, mr, and fr are all allowed.
hazzy, do you mean tuner cars? if so yes! but it has to be stock. no tuning besides changing the tires. it is preferred if you do the runs in arcade, but as long as you dont modify the car yourself then run it where ever.

if you use arcade mode, you wont need to worry about mileage, engine wear, etc.
so to make this simple, just use arcade mode, it will be much easier.

:lol: i had the biggest trouble finding a good car but i tought i was limited to 1990 - 2000 stock cars :dunce: :banghead: :lol:

now i know i should posting on time 👍

yea im not gonna lie, i had some trouble with this one mainly trying to find a car that would do what i wanted it to do. i found a good car and tried my ass off and got a run im happy with:dopey:

I just got my vid done and uploaded to youtube and sent in. Hopefully it'll finish processing soon.

I too hard a time choosing the right car, I went through like 5 before I struck gold.

good to see so far. 3 entries as of now. keep up the submission rates. 👍 i wish i could enter in this one. :(

lol.
well i was thinking about making a demo on xlink with this section. but i may do one in gtmode and use it for a demo still.

I agree with Loon, in my opinion there's little point in having the HM rule active when there's not enough entries...

By the way, is anybody else finding gear ratios to be the major pain with this one? I must have gone through 6-7 cars before I found one that was strong enough to light up at this speed while not having to shift up in the middle of a drift...

allright, well if you guys think it would be for the best, then i will remove the HM's untill we get better participation.

Yeah, thats definetly best.

Wasn't it put into place because Ske kept winning all of them?

EDIT: you going to extend the time some Suzuki? Since today a few more people have entered, maybe they'll be more tommorow.

you know, i have found that in alot of cars, they have too mucgh lag on the first right, like no torque and then boom, not enough gear, its weerd

My problem was the second turn, the left double, getting the drift to go far enough out to the edge of the road, instead staying close to the inside.

Back