Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,977 comments
Is it the Tomahawk S ? 🤔
YOU GOT IT, and I quickly made a livery for it too 😆
190a20c55d041-screenshotUrl.png

Okay the infiniti VGT works too but this one is funnier

Last edited:
Busy one for Bonus Menu Books this week...

View attachment 1371645
My likely picks for this week:

Sunday Cup Classic: Ferrari 500 Mondial Coupe
American Sunday Cup 600: Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
VGT Trophy: Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
Hypercar Parade: McLaren MP4-12C
Special Event: Nissan Skyline GT-R GT500 ‘99

Yeah, I know you can hypothetically do all five events with one car, but I still like trying to “fit in” with the events.

Yeah, I know you can hypothetically do all five events with one car, but I still like trying to “fit in” with the events.
Yes, the car needed to accomplish that is not my favourite one 😅 I'll stick with cars that are more enjoyable for those events (with less easy victories too)

I was shopping. :D

Bought the cars I need for the upcoming week and gave em the top spots in my garage.
I've already decided to have two walkthroughs this time.
One based on this

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-11 um 14.58.31.png

and one based on the Welsh Tomahawk S thingy. :lol:

And I think I have a slight idea what the differences will be !

Race 3 - Volvo V40 T5 R-Design '13 - so good to drive car. Quick but with great downforce. Won it, got 200k ticket.

19088ac990273-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 4 - Ferrari GTO '84 - great car, but I went outside of circuit too many times for win, I finished second. Great twin powersliding.

190a2b9a04554-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 5 - CLK-LM '98 - used my joker and finally won in fifth race, after 3 weeks of not completing it. Gpt the 6 stars ticket and 500k from it. Lot of money today.

190a2e5189872-screenshotUrl.jpg

YOU GOT IT, and I quickly made a livery for it too 😆 View attachment 1371673

Okay the infiniti VGT works too but this one is funnier
Can confirm, this car can solo the weekly, i cant believe it took this long to happen :D :lol:
Screenshot_2024-07-12-01-06-42-724.jpeg

Stock tyres (SM) and gearbox
ECU: 86%
Ballast 116kg at -50
Restrictor at 72%

literally get all your money back from buying this theoretically

Last edited:
Some good some bad this week, I think the races on the whole were good but the AI and some of the car selection issues ruined some of the fun. The Vision GT race surprised me with how slow the AI was so I was able to use the BMW VGT, they really seem to struggle with that track for whatever reason. Hypercar Parade unfortunately just illustrates the issues with that as a class of car, we're missing so much stuff (McLaren P1, Koenigsegg etc) and the AI running in the Valkyrie just completely overpowers the race. I liked the All Japan GT race at Fuji a few weeks ago and this one should've been good, fun track and nice time of day change but the AI was such a liability I had to restart multiple times from being rammed off the track, they're also very slow because I easily won with a Castrol Mugen NSX running the sketchiest setup imaginable. Still it was a decent week with guaranteed payouts.

Cars I used this week:
full

Some good some bad this week, I think the races on the whole were good but the AI and some of the car selection issues ruined some of the fun. The Vision GT race surprised me with how slow the AI was so I was able to use the BMW VGT, they really seem to struggle with that track for whatever reason. Hypercar Parade unfortunately just illustrates the issues with that as a class of car, we're missing so much stuff (McLaren P1, Koenigsegg etc) and the AI running in the Valkyrie just completely overpowers the race. I liked the All Japan GT race at Fuji a few weeks ago and this one should've been good, fun track and nice time of day change but the AI was such a liability I had to restart multiple times from being rammed off the track, they're also very slow because I easily won with a Castrol Mugen NSX running the sketchiest setup imaginable. Still it was a decent week with guaranteed payouts.

Cars I used this week:
full

I simply LOVE how the 240 just photobombs the entire setting. It’s like a bunch of friends getting together with their awesome cars and someone had to take his moms Volvo 240 instead of his Ferrari 458 that needs a clutch replacement

I only had time for three of these this morning (normal difficulty)...

weekly-challenge-202407w2-r1.jpg

Monza - Citreon DS 21 Pallas '70 - I ran the car totally stock -- even the tires. It did well and handle itself pretty well for a car in the ~350PP range. I only managed a P2 in this one because I took the first chicane too fast in lap 2 and went into the sand. Still, good enough for the first ticket.

weekly-challenge-202407w2-r2.jpg

Road Atlanta - Ford Shelby GT350R '16 - Went completely stock again, but I should have upgraded the tires. I was all over the track -- and off it -- with the stock SH tires. It was not a fun drive. Managed to drive it to an easy win, though. Second check-mark achieved.

weekly-challenge-202407w2-r3.jpg

Kyoto - Jaguar VGT Roadster - I knew I'd need better tires than whatever it comes with, so I threw on some RMs. Even so, it was a real challenge to slow the car down enough to get around the corners. I failed. Often. Still, I managed to catch and overtake the lead car on lap 5 for an easy win. Second ticket obtained.

Wow, I'm through with part 1 of my individual weekly challenge, the whole set of races with one car. As suggested above by @Snake55wildcat it's been the Tomahawk S VGT, full stock settings, reduced power for 848,05 PP.
And lol, what an experience. I'm so used to run these races with mostly underpowered subpar cars that I more than once sat there in relaxed disbelief flying past Fiats, Fords or Bugattis.
I wasn't in a hurry but basically it doesn't take longer than the 42 minutes of racing and 3 minutes of loading time for 5 wins with CRB and 1.400.000 cr ...
It's been a total breeze but honestly, I'm looking forward now to take the engine swapped Abarth 595 to track. :D

That was a fun group of races although a few were too easy. I'll try to make them more exciting sometime in the days to come.
RA with my 443hp Focus. Easy win.
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta _ (11) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Easy at Hypercar with my FXXK. I'll see if I have another car that's less lethal but can hit 200mph on the long straight.
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - C_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Kyoto Yamagiwa with my trusty VGT Lexus for another easy one.
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa_ (5) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Suzuka will be a revisit several times with other Japanese GT cars. Won this with my Autech GT500.
Suzuka Circuit_ (10) by 2cam16, on Flickr
The closest race was Monza. My Mini was gutless on the straights so I had to defend over these two in the last couple of turns.
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Got the last two done...

weekly-challenge-202407w2-r4.jpg

St Croix - Ferrari FXX K '14 - I upgraded the tires to RM, but it didn't matter. The car has all the acceleration and speed of a Le Mans Hyper Car but without any of the downforce. I went off the track so many times. Still, I managed to get by all the cars on lap 1 for an easy win. Fourth check-mark achieved.

weekly-challenge-202407w2-r5.jpg

Suzuka - Nissan GT-R GT500 '99 - I love driving Suzuka. Doing it with vintage GT500 cars was good fun. Took the win and got the final ticket.

Done and dusted.

Got the last two done...

St Croix - Ferrari FXX K '14 - I upgraded the tires to RM, but it didn't matter. The car has all the acceleration and speed of a Le Mans Hyper Car but without any of the downforce. I went off the track so many times. Still, I managed to get by all the cars on lap 1 for an easy win. Fourth check-mark achieved.
That's how my St.Croix race was. All over the place and with several offs. Great car but don't really enjoy the lack of grip. lol

Getting mixed reactions for now.

1) Classic Sunday Cup @ Monza

Randomizer sent me here with the DS 21 Pallas, so I tried to use it full stock just to test things out. What can I say, the car is lovely to drive, it was a marvel of engineering back in the day and you can feel that in the game too, you'd never expect such a driving experience with a FWD massive sedan such as that. However the two Giulias have too much power for a win (was very close two times), so I installed some High Lift Camshafts S and this time managed to pass Gallo after Roggia on lap 2. CRB as well.

20970809098235965.jpg

2) American Sunday Cup 600 @ Road Atlanta

Another classic to drive, with the C2 Corvette being my weapon for this event. Buffed the power up a bit and put some SH tires on, but they weren't enough to contain all that Corvette awesomeness. Took me a while to figure out the car but once I did this was great fun and an easy win, no CRB since I went wide on the last corner.

20970194288009359.jpg

Doesn't it look like a picture from the Driver videogame series?

3) VGT Race @ Kyoto Yamagiwa

For this race I had to purposefully buy the Peugeot VGT, as the randomizer ordered. I'm still wondering why did the Peugeot guys make this midship car a 4WD, maybe they were sadistic and wanted the players to cope with understeer? Could've been a fantastic ride, if not for that, but it was still much more fun than expected. No cockpit view sadly. The race was a tough and close battle with the Jaguar VGT, which was insanely fast on the straights and a snail anywhere else.

20970360683540658.jpg

4) Hypercar Parade @ Sainte-Croix C

I hate that track, honestly, with all my heart. However it had to be done, and my FXX-K was more than enough to punish everyone. Handling the hybrid was a true pain unfortunately, but I managed to somehow never run out of it, saving power for a possible late race encounter with the Valkyrie. Said car overpowers the competition bigtime, thankfully it started way back on the grid (it was right ahead of me) which gave me enough time to run away as far as possible. Somehow got a CRB as well despite hitting the barriers a couple times.

20970225264293773.jpg

Still figuring out the last race, yesterday evening I was a bit toast so I hope it'll be easier today.

View attachment 1372090
I really like the Genesis VGT and the win at Kyoto was pretty easy with this machine. It seems to be a little light in the front though…
So did my Peugeot VGT at that same spot haha!

Anyways woke up fresh today and took on the final weekly challenge once again.

5) JGTC @ Suzuka

I hadn't driven the GT500 Pennzoil before yesterday, when I first started trying this race out; I went with the Praiano setup but the car felt really undrivable, too few downforce as it was a setup made for the Glen and not for Suzuka, so I tweaked things around and made it more fitting. But by that time I was collapsing due to sleep deprivation so I went to bed and gave it another try this morning, although with a different setup I found on YouTube that used the Medium RPM turbo instead of the High one. Believe me, that makes all the world of difference, no more snapping and no more random spins when coming out of the chicane, it's the perfectly fitting turbo for this beauty! Won at first try and it was an amazing race, no CRB because of a couple run-outs at 130R and some clashes with the opponents, but it was great fun nonetheless.

20969957804943355.jpg

Couldn't avoid taking a shot during the last lap, since it's set at golden hour.

Latest Posts

Back