Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,619 comments
I will be honest, this is probably one of my favorite weeks, as far as events go. 3 of the 5 are my most loved events in Singleplayer. 500pp is probably the sweet spot for Eiger. WTC800 at the Glen is certainly a favorite of mine. Then the Clubman Cup at Daytona is another joy. I have a feeling it will be a week of repeating them, no matter how bad the rewards are for the week.

It's Friday morning. The weather is fine. Spring is in the air. The weekend is looming. Nothing can dampen my spirits.

Turns on PS4, GT7... checks new weekly challenges...

😫🤣

Nah but seriously, I'm totally seeing the funny side of this now. Come at me, Eiger. You can't bring me down. 🤘

500pp is probably the sweet spot for Eiger.

You're absolutely right about that. I just ran this race in a Lancia Stratos, stock setting except for Sport Hard tyres. It felt right at home there. I'll continue to try this event with a range of other cars, it was a fun ride.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240926-220401.png

Ready to go! An interesting lineup, first drive for both the Jag and the Beemer while all the others have already seen some action. Cayman GT4 will be the stock one I have, instead of the (used to be) 700pp one. Or at least, I think so, otherwise I may just start looking for a tune.

You had been warned. :lol:

Same here. I don't mind any of the St. Croix. I like the challenge.
I'm not bothering with the Eiger Rally challenge now, so I just won't get the rewards this week for finishing all five events with at least a 3rd place finish. 12 laps is too much anyway. Maybe in the future I'll give it a shot.

I'm not bothering with the Eiger Rally challenge now, so I just won't get the rewards this week for finishing all five events with at least a 3rd place finish. 12 laps is too much anyway. Maybe in the future I'll give it a shot.
Winning isn't easy, but third is no challenge at all. You can short-shift the whole way, stop during lap seven, and get the podium in just about any stock Gr.B car.

Winning isn't easy, but third is no challenge at all. You can short-shift the whole way, stop during lap seven, and get the podium in just about any stock Gr.B car.
I went with enough fuel-saving to do a no-stop run (the hard tires do last), and, after a fair number of restarts in a chase of the clean race bonus, managed a relatively-easy normal-difficulty clean win with a stock Toyota 86 (FM 5/13:49). That's an average lap of 1:08, though I got a couple of 1:07s.

Last edited:
Used my new favourite 800pp car it’s honestly soo good hearing this thing scream! And overkill for Eiger but it handles it soo well
IMG_5589.jpeg

IMG_5581.jpeg

IMG_5587.jpeg

IMG_5583.jpeg

IMG_5588.jpeg

IMG_5582.jpeg

FM6 and short shifting mid way in the rev bar gets 5.5 laps

Wide body, wide wheels, all aero
IMG_5584.jpeg

IMG_5585.jpeg

IMG_5586.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5585.jpeg
    IMG_5585.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
My Gallardo is really quiet compared to the other cars, up to the point that I need to be very far in front to hear my engine 😅

Done all the weeklies this morning.

• Sunday Cup 500: Porsche 911 GT3 RS '22 (just to get rid of Eiger)
  • Clubman Cup 700 : Mustang GT3
  • Tokyo : Gallardo stock with RS tyres
  • Schwarzwald League : Porsche 911 RSR '17
  • WTC 800 : Audi RS5 (best lap 1:41.000 😅)

6* parts -> Carbon shaft for Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20 (worth 8k)
6* car -> Ferrari VGT (worth 1M)

All done for this week (normal difficulty).

weekly-challenge-202409w4-r1.jpg

Eiger Nordwand - MINI Cooper S '05 - Upgraded the tires to SS and added some aero for looks, but otherwise stock. Took the lead going into the final corner and took it home for the win. Fun race. Parts ticket won.

weekly-challenge-202409w4-r2.jpg

Daytona Road Course - CHC 1967 Chevy Nova - I upgraded to SS tires. Not sure I needed to. This car is an absolute rocket. I was hitting close to 300km/h on the oval. Without any aero, though, it gets pretty unstable at those speeds. Easy win.

weekly-challenge-202409w4-r3.jpg

Tokyo East - Lambourghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 - In addition to the SS tires that I've been using since the first Gallardo race, put on some aero this week. Looks better like this, I'd say. No other modifications. Not much to say about this race otherwise. It was a pretty straightforward climb through the field. Easy win. Credit ticket won.

weekly-challenge-202409w4-r4.jpg

Catalunya - MINI Clubman VGT - I upgraded the tires to RS to get the car a little closer to the PP limit. No other changes. I was only at 660PP, but that was more than enough to win this one. I took the lead on lap 2 and finished 55 seconds ahead of P2.

weekly-challenge-202409w4-r5.jpg

Watkins Glen - SUZUKI VGT (Gr.3) - I did this on RM tires. Short-shifted aggressively to save fuel. Pitted on lap 4 for fuel and tires. Despite being pit-maneuvered on the long straight to the bus stop, it was an easy win. Car ticket won.

The parts ticket gave me the shaft -- driveshaft -- for a Corvette. The car ticket gave me the Porsche 917 Living Legend, which I didn't have. Score!

You may have noticed that special events are taken out of rotation after they have run thrice. With the Gallardo now on its third run, that now leaves BAC Mono's as the one that has not run thrice. (Excluding the Fiat 500 one, which only ran once for some reason.)

Now with an update looking questionable for this or next month (new special events are added with updates), what would happen once the BAC Mono event is run again? Would we back to weeks without special events in weekly challenges?

Last edited:
Now with an update looking questionable for this or next month (new special events are added with updates), what would happen once the BAC Mono event is run again?
I wouldn't be surprised if there is another set of one-make special events just waiting for the current ones to wrap up.
Would we back to weeks without special events in weekly challenges?
Has that ever happened? We've had special events so consistently recently that I can't remember any weeks without one.

Yeah, there'll definitely* be fresh Special Events. The Mono and the Gallardo events are effectively "Set 3.5" extensions in and of themselves, they started quite a bit after Set 3's V40/JGTC/Alpine/356.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see the first new one be next week - Set 1's EK Civic and Set 2's Urus had their final race well after the next set started, so the same happening to the Mono wouldn't be a surprise.

*Caveat: I keep posting "based on previous logic and behaviour, PD will probably do <X>", and they then don't end up doing <X> like 30% of the time.

Back