Weird blank screen with the "broken image" thumbnail in the middle of the screen.

• Thread starter ImaRobot
  • 6 comments
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Lma_robot
lImaRobotl
Every once in a while when using the back button to set my browser to the previous page, I get the broken image thumbnail in the middle of the page that ends up loading. It only ever happens when I press the back button.

1634935372596.png

1634935385089.png

Not sure if this would be affecting it or not, but the button is linked to a side button on my mouse. It's fairly rare so it's not that intrusive, but I was always curious about it.

I assumed it was something on my end. It's rare and a refresh fixes it, so I wasn't terribly bothered by its occurrence.

I assumed it was something on my end. It's rare and a refresh fixes it, so I wasn't terribly bothered by its occurrence.
I've been meaning to ask but the times it happens are far and few, so I usually end up putting it off and forgetting about it.

I've had it happen to me most often on Chrome, have yet to consistently replicate it. Not a terrible problem, just a curiousity.

Last edited:
I have seen this once before as well but was never able to reproduce it. I have no explanation for it or how something like that would be possible. I suspect it's some kind of obscure Chrome bug.

If anyone experiences this with a different browser or, more importantly, if you can provide a set of steps to consistently reproduce it, I can investigate further.

I have seen this once before as well but was never able to reproduce it. I have no explanation for it or how something like that would be possible. I suspect it's some kind of obscure Chrome bug.

If anyone experiences this with a different browser or, more importantly, if you can provide a set of steps to consistently reproduce it, I can investigate further.
I actually only use Chrome specifically, but I notice it occurs more often if I press back rapidly. I’ll see if I can reproduce it Monday.

Spammed the back button and didn't manage to recreate it, so it seems a pretty random occurrence. No big deal either way as it's pretty rare, but was mainly curious.

Back