WES - Race 5 - Mission Improbable! RESULTS POSTED!

• Thread starter Tyre King
  • 28 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyre King

Sleep! Who needs Sleep?
Premium
United Kingdom
Carlisle,Cumbria,England!
Ballstothewall1
weswk5picum2.jpg

Mission Improbable!

Good morning, Mr Phelps!
"Your mission, Jim, should you decide to accept it, is...
To take a Toyota Castrol Tom’s Supra for a little spin round Deep forest Raceway. But as we all know, everyone has a favourite direction around this tight, twisty and technical little track. And no-one will be able to dissuade you from your personal favourite.
So to stop the arguments, I have given you all an early Christmas present by letting you drive in which-ever direction you desire!
However, you also have to drive it in the opposite direction as well!

As usual, should you or any member of your I.M. Force be captured or killed, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your existence. This post will self-destruct in 6 days. Good luck, Jim."

Here is how it will work:

Mode : ARCADE
Race type : SINGLE RACE
Location: ORIGINAL CIRCUITS / DEEP FOREST RACEWAY (FWD & RVS)
Car: JAPAN / TOYOTA / TOYOTA CASTROL TOM’S SUPRA (JGTC) ‘00

Initial Settings
Transmission : Your choice
Aids : NONE
Tyres : RM
A.I. : +10

Now go into the options screen, and adjust the settings in ARCADE to the following:

Number of Laps : 15
Tyre Wear : STRONG
Driving Aids : NONE
Penalty : SPEED LIMITER
Time Limit : NONE

Exit, and now go into the quick tune-up section, and change the settings to the following:

Power : +20% @ 556 Hp
Weight: -10% @ 990 Kg
Top Speed : ANY
Driving Aids : NONE
Transmission : Your Choice
Tyre Type : RACING
Front Tyres : RS OR RM
Rear Tyres : RS OR RM

You will now be set up for the races, there is no qualifying to do, just the races!

DEADLINE :
numberoneaq1bvm2.gif

Midnight GMT Sunday night, December the 9th

RULES:

You must use the settings laid out above at all times.
You must try to keep 2 wheels on the track at all times.
An occasional off is to be expected, but use your judgement and morals to decide if you have gained from it or not. If you have gained, or feel that you have taken an advantage from the off, then please bin the race and re-start.
A.I. contact is allowed, but NO penalties are allowed.
NO wall contact is allowed.
All podium times will be verified by the posting of either a replay or a photo of the screen showing your final time AFTER the deadline is past.
Any suspicious times will be investigated by either myself or where appropriate an NTSC user of my choice.
All decisions of the Administrator (me) are final, any cheating of any kind what so ever, will be dealt with in the appropriate manor.
You may discuss any splits or individual lap times, just not your final times.

TRACK SPECIFIC RULES:

The grey concrete areas inside of turn 4 in the FWD direction, and inside the two short tunnels is OUT OF BOUNDS in BOTH directions!

RACE SPECIFIC RULES:

You will run the race, in both directions.
Then you will send to me: your Race 1 (FWD) time + your Race 2 (RVS) time + the total time for BOTH races added together.

Times should be sent to myself (Tyre King) via PM by the above deadline, as marked by the GTPlanet PM system time stamp.
Replays and screen shots should be posted in this thread after that time has passed.

Time sending format:

Name :
Race 1 time:
Race 1 Fastest lap:

Race 2 time:
Race 2 Fastest lap:

Total Time (R1 + R2) :

Pitting strategy : Race 1 + Race 2 (ie R1 = RM’s L1-10 + RS’s L11-15, R2 = the same)

Neil

Thread is now active boys!

Have fun!

Man o man this is going to be fun .. your getting better with age Neil .. like a fine beer :cheers: .. though could i suggest the deadline is extended another week ?

Amazing Neil, just last night I was going to PM you and suggest a JGTC car at Deep Forest Reverse, then decided that you wouldn't want to use a JGTC since we're already in a series for them. It's like Deja Vous all over again!!!

This is the first thing I've done on my new home computer, just got it hooked up, went with a 19' monitor, easier on my old eyes.

Thanks Neil, I'll consider it an early Xmas present!!!!

If you guys want some serious fun?

Put softs on the front and mediums on the rear! DRIFT-CITY! (That is until the DFP/GT wheel won't let you counter-steer quickly enough, and it rotates backward into a wall! )

But still plenty of fun!

Neil

@Drew
Oh, and congrat's on the new PC buddy! You just can't beat a std PC for browsing and posting, even though the PS3 one is good enough, it's not the best.

Neil

Are the results of the WES Qualifier up? I've been away on another planet for a while.

The results for the qualifier, will probably never be released.
It is not 'as-such' a qualifying round, it is just a way of sorting drivers into divisions when enough of us are involved in this to need divisions.
I never planned on releasing the times everyone gets, just as they have never been released in the WRS.

It is also a round about method of spotting potential 'unsportsmanlike' behaviour. If someone does really badly at the qualifier, and then is top of the field in the WES rounds, I know there may be something a little piscine going on.

Neil

Piscine, I had to look that one up in the dictonary. Piscine: Relating to or characteristic of fishes.

Tried a RM/RM 9 laps RS/RS 6 laps race last night .. have to agree its a great track car combo .

But i'm concerned the king will be running a RS/RS 7 lap RS/RS 8 lap race ?

Ruh Roh...another one of my three favorite tracks and in a good car too 👍 I just sent in my qualy to Neil and I *might* have time for this one, especially if I get tired of the F1/Nurb combo *rolleyes*. Looks great!

Jerome

Neil .. can you confirm a new deadline for this race {16th} or should i quit whinging and get on with it ?

Yeah Marty, just get on with it please.

It is the Weekly-ish endurance series after all. :)

Tried a RM/RM 9 laps RS/RS 6 laps race last night .. have to agree its a great track car combo .

But i'm concerned the king will be running a RS/RS 7 lap RS/RS 8 lap race ?

Nah mate! Absolutely no way for even my skills at tyre preservation, to stretch softs to 8 laps. Such is the nature of this track.

Neil

I tried .. and failed .. going into the third corner lap 7 .

Going to try a RS/RS 6 lap - RM/RM 9 lap stint , just to see if its faster than RM/RM 9 laps - RS/RS 6 laps .

I've done reverse several, my all time favorite course and direction, using RM's for 9 laps then 6 with RS's. Had one lap in the 1'07's but average lap is in the 1'09's. Guess I'll try forward tonight. Another good one Neil!!

Time submitted.
This car is the EVIL itself...
In the "Reverse" race I had a little run-off in the first corner, but somehow I was able to avoid the wall.
Good luck you all.Have a nice weekend,gentlemen!

Hey guys, a little informal poll: Which direction of the course is fastest for you? For me I'm faster forward by 10 seconds even though I love reverse direction and feel faster that way.

Forward direction is faster for me...much more faster.
Maybe it's my fault: I am not too familiar with the Reverse direction.
Well,enjoy your weekend again,guys.

5 sec slower in the Reverse Direction for me so far, so I'm either doing OK there or I suck Forward. Most likely a little bit of both. Trying to cut that gap down, but can't finish a race in Reverse now. :banghead:

OK Guys, I've had a bereavement in the family that has sort of knocked the wind out of my sails a bit.
I am going to do the results for this race ASAP after the deadline. AND do have the next race thread nearly done also (though it may be a little rougher round the edges than usual).

I haven't been able to race as I wanted to today, so I have no times to submit to myself this week. And, I may not be around as much over the next few days or so (maybe popping in and out but don't know how much time I will have to race)

Hope you all understand?

Neil

RESULTS UP, IN POST #2!

Congrat's to Lazlo for an almost perfect clean sweep! (We're gonna have to hobble him somehow guys. He's getting too fast! ;) )

Sorry for your loss Neil, take all the time you need, if I can help you at all just let me know.

:eek: I certainly wasn't expecting a win or anything, but I didn't expect to get my ass handed to me that bad.
Nice driving guys! :bowdown:

Congrat's to Lazlo for an almost perfect clean sweep! (We're gonna have to hobble him somehow guys. He's getting too fast! ;) )

Thank you very much,Neil.
Congratulation goes to Marty.You were very fast. 👍 May I ask you what was your strategy?
I was using RM's throughout the race,maybe this is why I hadn't got any fastest laps.
Proof will be up in the afternoon.I'll try to take pictures finally...

Thank you very much,Neil.
Congratulation goes to Marty.You were very fast. 👍 May I ask you what was your strategy?
I was using RM's throughout the race,maybe this is why I hadn't got any fastest laps.
Proof will be up in the afternoon.I'll try to take pictures finally...
Tough tight race .. only 1.3xxx in it .. congrats LAZ 👍
Dels 'strategy' :
Forward : RM/RM 9 LAPS . RS/RS 6 LAPS
Reverse : RS/RS 6 LAPS . RM/RM 9 LAPS
Felt much more comfortable using the softs 1st in reverse ... i had a couple of so-so laps in each direction and diddn't have the time to re-run each race {in which case the results may have been different}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back