What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 764 comments
Finished Sebring with the good old Viper. Wrapped up a 2 second penalty in the first few Laps, and the AI weren't that far behind in the first half of the race. Most of the front grid pit in at lap 9-10, but I stayed out until 12.

Now I'm ready for Silverstone tonight.
Beware of Silverstone as it will chew your tires on the latter half. I went mediums-mediums and the last lap and a half I swear I was riding on my rims.

Last edited:
Recreated the Nurburgring 125 Endurance from FM7:

Nürburgring 125 Endurance
Forza GT and Touring Cars Multi-Class (8/16 Split)
  • Nürburgring 24h - 8 Laps (15:30 Start Time, 4x Time Scale, 2x Tire Wear)
I'm probably going to do the Spa 100 next

Last edited:
I've completed a couple of races in the Le Mans endurance race multiplayer. Aside from the usual idiots smacking into you on lap one because they think they can win an hour long race in the first two minutes, or helping themselves to your brakes, I've been running an unconventional strategy of 7 laps on hard, 6 laps on hard, 4 laps on medium. It seems to go really well because you only lose around 4-5 seconds on the 7th lap of hard, compared to gaining 15-17 seconds on the last medium run.

The only issue I have is a couple of spins at night on the hards (I think due to lack of grip), so I might change it around next time to 7H,4M,6H.

Yesterday I quickly wrapped up the track toy tour for the 935. All in all, really enjoyed the Caterham and Ginetta events, and the Elemental RP1 was weapon around corners.

Today, I tried my hand at the Sebring endurance using 2015 911 RSR. I usually don't have good attention for any race longer than 5 laps, but I had a lot of fun doing it. 20 laps went by surprisingly quick, and the AIs had pretty decent pace, too - although I did went for med-hard because I didn't trust myself to manage tire wear well, so that could be why. Trying to keep grip in a worn-down hard tire after nightfall was a struggle, I tell you.

The Silverstone endurance with Porsche 963 proved to be even more of a struggle, though. Turns out it's kinda difficult to keep up with those LMP1s in a Hypercar. I doubt I'll be winning this one unless I join the LMP1 team like the rest, but I'll give it another shot later.

Last edited:
After many attempts, I finally finished the Silverstone enduro. I used the Ginetta G60 with a shared tune, but even then I only managed P2. The AI can't pass the GT cars properly so I did manage to get a huge lead, but then the 919s activated rubber band mode and were back to me in no time. In the last few laps they got very feral and just drove through me, punting me off the track.

I hope the other events aren't this bad.

Hey all, longtime lurker, was once a member back in the ancient times (GT5 release etc).

I should preface this by mentioning I'm a wheel user (Logitech) but does anyone have a decent setup for the 919? I've found it is very keen to rotate and slide the rear around like an Evo 8 on retreads. I wasn't able to get within a bull's roar of the suggested target practice time at Silverstone.

Either that or I might try my Toyota TS040.

I tried using the 963 for Silverstone, but yeah the 919s are un-catchable with them being X Class STOCK :banghead:
I used an R18 without the restrictor plate and I could just about keep up with them in the early part of the race with hard tires, as soon as we hit the GT traffic I blew by them and had a 4-5 second gap by half race at which point I needed to pit. Strangely after the pitstop they weren't as fast and faded away to 6-7th-ish. In the second part of the race the Ginettas were faster, one of them was lapping 3-4 seconds a lap faster than I was and caught up to me quite fast, but as soon as we hit the GT traffic again it just couldn't seem to find a way past them and I ended up winning by 23 seconds.

The 919 has some weird oversteer behavior that almost feels like the rear end is working in a different way to the front end, especially under braking, which is very unsettling and not confidence inspiring.

I tried using the 963 for Silverstone, but yeah the 919s are un-catchable with them being X Class STOCK :banghead:
Yeah, if you want to use the 963, you're gonna have to pretty much turn the difficulty down to 3 or 4. Maybe 5 if Silverstone is a track you can really hustle unlike me.

Did anyone else run the Silverstone event or the Sebring event, without pitstops and tire strategy? I'm just curious to see if the AI behavior was the same as I experienced. For me to jump out to a 18 second lead after passing through traffic only to have the AI slash that back to nothing in just a few laps which is probably where those 1:47's came from. Is this going to be the pattern going forwards for these endurance events? The AI can run unbelievable times when they are behind but they aren't that aggressive when they get to you?

Well, it occurred to me to recreate the Benchmark PC test but in the Series X, that is, a Quick Race in Hakone at night under heavy rain conditions and a full field of cars... and it ran flawlessly on performance mode.
I don't have any proof, but also any doubts, that they did something to the console's performance after its last update,:scared: because for the visuals I'm getting you would have to spend 2x-2.5x in PC parts just to match. Also check the visuals in FH4 for that matter... oof!

I had a second attempt at Silverstone last night after finding a much more controllable tune on youtube for the 919. It calmed the rear down massively. Still required a bit of finesse on turn in, especially as the tyres wore down toward the end of a stint, but at least I could keep on top of it. I ran hards for the first stint until the end of lap 13, then mediums to the end. Both stints I was helped massively by the GT traffic, first time around I was in second and slowly gaining on the leader, and thanks to its clumsiness/a bit of aggression/luck on my part overtaking the backmarkers, I took the lead, then was able to hold it to the end thanks to catching traffic at the right time. Had a fair bit of luck in the second stint, running a high-downforce setup I kept catching GT cars down the Wellington straight which helped me to keep a bit of a gap. Still had to defend hard through Maggots/Becketts on the final lap on very worn tyres though.

AI seem much more competitive in this latest series though, level 6 used to be fairly easy for me.

Setup for those interested:

Up to date… finally, I used Racing cars for the last three Open Classes - Civic Type R, Silvia (180SX?) and Ligier #11. I quite like the Chevron B16. I thought it looked like a Porsche from the picture!

Last edited:
Up to date… finally, I used Racing cars for the last three Open Classes - Civic Type R, Silvia (180SX?) and Ligier #11. I quite like the Chevron B16. I though it looked like a Porsche from the picture!
I did the last open class series with the one car throughout - a 1992 Ford Falcon GT, in the most lurid black and fluro green "Cenovis Vitamins" livery. By the end it sounded like a full-fledged V8 Supercar, and handled brilliantly for a 1990's sedan. Might see how far I can push the mighty Falcon into this series.

Livery based on this 1993 Supercar:

1718757537283.jpeg

I placed first in the Watkins Glen 20 lap endurance race with a 37:47.792 time on the #15 Mustang with a no refueling strategy and stock tires. I pitted as soon as I felt some tire degradation and undercut the leading cars (I was running fifth at the time), and then it was just a matter of saving tires for the next two laps while waiting for the field to pit, which they did rather late, between laps 14-16.

Last edited:
That’s it for another week. I woke up early and.did the two new races. I used the “Planters” Nissan for Watkins Glen and the Jaguar XJR-9 for Road America.

I was interested the other day in doing Sebring Full that the AI didn’t seem to be able to cope with the first corner for some reason and went wide.

I fired the game up for the first time in a few months. I did a majority of the new rivals events. Managed to get pretty high on leaderboard for the Silverstone / Hyundai rivals race. The game seems to be continuously moving in a positive direction. I'll probably put about 10 hours or so of play time with it this weekend.

Did anyone else run the Silverstone event or the Sebring event, without pitstops and tire strategy? I'm just curious to see if the AI behavior was the same as I experienced. For me to jump out to a 18 second lead after passing through traffic only to have the AI slash that back to nothing in just a few laps which is probably where those 1:47's came from. Is this going to be the pattern going forwards for these endurance events? The AI can run unbelievable times when they are behind but they aren't that aggressive when they get to you?
I did the Sebring endurance race last night in the Ford GT. Difficulty was set to 5 so it wasn’t anything crazy hard. I did notice after my 10 lap pit stop that the AI gained a lot of ground on me. I didn’t look at lap times specifically, but it was definitely something that had me scratching my head. I’ll try again tonight without any pit stops or tire wear.

Last edited:
That being said, the 963 has a PP of 957. For reference, it's 17 seconds slower than the 919 around the Nurburgring.

919 - 5:53
963 - 6:10

Speaking of which, it makes the Cadillac V-Series.R feel as slow as a turtle with it being around ten to 15 seconds slower.

Last edited:
I ran Sebring again using the BMW M8 with tire wear and fuel consumption off. Used soft tires with lowest fuel level. AI level 5 again and started off in 3rd. P2 and P3 AI behavior was only aggressive when I was running faster lap times, and in the lead.

Laps 1-6 I was pushing the car hard to try to get away as far as possible with average lap times being high 2:02 to low 2:03. I was pulling away but not by more than 1-2 seconds.

Laps 7-11 P2 and P3 started gaining on me hard. I had 1 lap that was 2:04 but I could not pull more than 1 second away from them. Lap 11 was my fastest with a 2:02.542 and that's when P2 was right on my bumper.

Laps 12-16 I had the same average lap times as above and could not lose P2 or P3.

Laps 17-19 I let P2 and P3 pass me to see how fast they were really going. My fastest lap behind them was 2:05.8 and slowest was 2:06.1. Very consistent, but nowhere near my 2:02-2:03.

Lap 20 I passed both of them and pulled a 4 second lead to the finish.

I had a 2:02.542, P2 had a 2:02.606 and P3 had a 2:02.780.

There's definitely rubber banding to keep the pressure on you if you're in the lead. It was still a very fun and competitive race. I'm debating if I want to try again on AI level 7 to see what lap times they pull.

I ran Sebring again using the BMW M8 with tire wear and fuel consumption off. Used soft tires with lowest fuel level. AI level 5 again and started off in 3rd. P2 and P3 AI behavior was only aggressive when I was running faster lap times, and in the lead.

Laps 1-6 I was pushing the car hard to try to get away as far as possible with average lap times being high 2:02 to low 2:03. I was pulling away but not by more than 1-2 seconds.

Laps 7-11 P2 and P3 started gaining on me hard. I had 1 lap that was 2:04 but I could not pull more than 1 second away from them. Lap 11 was my fastest with a 2:02.542 and that's when P2 was right on my bumper.

Laps 12-16 I had the same average lap times as above and could not lose P2 or P3.

Laps 17-19 I let P2 and P3 pass me to see how fast they were really going. My fastest lap behind them was 2:05.8 and slowest was 2:06.1. Very consistent, but nowhere near my 2:02-2:03.

Lap 20 I passed both of them and pulled a 4 second lead to the finish.

I had a 2:02.542, P2 had a 2:02.606 and P3 had a 2:02.780.

There's definitely rubber banding to keep the pressure on you if you're in the lead. It was still a very fun and competitive race. I'm debating if I want to try again on AI level 7 to see what lap times they pull.
Thanks for checking it out. That's how it felt to me too. The AI would just be consistent and be right there in case I made a mistake. But I was able to negotiate traffic better than they did but once they got clear they were turning laps 3 seconds faster than me so they got right back on to me. So there's definitely rubber banding going on in these endurance races.

I agree rubber banding is used to artificially keep pressure on the player when in front, or help the player catch up if behind (I experienced both).

I also think it's exacerbated by the very limited difficulty settings, to get more levels of competition, like in ACC.

Either way, i hate it.

I had an absolute blast doing the Road America race with the Toyota Eagle. I opted to start near the front because the Toyota is probably the slowest car in the category top speed wise. Battled the 2nd placed XJR9 for a few laps and then chased the 962 for the remainder of the race. I could close right up to it from the Corvette bridge all the way to the last corner, but once on the straights there was basically nothing I could do, it was a good 50mph faster than me. Thankfully the 962 appears to be a bit thirsty it pitted on lap 11, so I made the best of what was left of my hards, pitted on lap 14 and came back in the lead by 4 seconds. The 962 took 2 seconds off that lead on the back straight alone but I got lucky with hitting the lapped traffic in the places where my car was the strongest and the 962 struggled (the Buick Somerset was a mobile chicane, I believe I lapped him 3 times) and increased that gap to 9 seconds where it mostly stayed to the end of the race and I claimed victory. I really hope we can get more multi-class races like that in the future.

I spent a good 10 hours or so playing the Forza Touring Car multiplayer lobbies over the weekend. The only incident I had was I got spun out once and then the person rage quit after I caught him. Aside from that, it was some of the best online racing I've had in a long time. A majority of people are aware of their surroundings and seem to be taking the ratings system seriously. I managed to stay S / 4976 by the time I was done playing. I think I started with S / 4918.

Last edited:
I placed first in the Watkins Glen 20 lap endurance race with a 37:47.792 time on the #15 Mustang with a no refueling strategy and stock tires. I pitted as soon as I felt some tire degradation and undercut the leading cars (I was running fifth at the time), and then it was just a matter of saving tires for the next two laps while waiting for the field to pit, which they did rather late, between laps 14-16.
Did this one in the Oldsmobile over the weekend. Fun race, but man did I have to concentrate every lap, the Olds just wanted to turn the rear tyres into atoms out of almost every corner. Made for a satisfying win though.

Thinking of using my Jag XJR9 for Road America next - although I am tempted by the Eagle.

I got completely caught up. Won A open with the Lexus RC F and got it to level 50. Won S open with the '16 Dodge Viper and got it to level 50. Won R open with the Ligier LMP3 against all of those GT cars. They could easily get me on the straights but I made my time up in the corners.

Just finished the Road America Group C/GT enduro with the Jaguar XJR9, and what an absolute peach of a car! You'd think with a 7 litre V12 towering between the rear uprights it'd be a bit unwieldy but that couldn't be further from the truth. It's such a friendly thing to drive, good balance, great traction, easily metered-out torque delivery in lower speed corners, with enough speed to keep the rest of the field at bay. And the brakes are brilliant. Night and day difference between it and my 956.

Ran a few Rival laps in the new Lambo. Ended up better than I thought but then entered the next offline career series with my new GT3 Bentley. First race at Sebring went ok (won the race but finished P2 due 1 second penalty). Another start from the rear of the field and a podium finish. Time to increase the AI difficulty another step.

Back