What exactly effects your DR?

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 13 comments
United States
Addison IL.
All I can find in the manual is "Your performance will effect your DR." Not much on details.

So, does that include...
Where you finish?
Where you start?
How many positions you pick up, or lose?
Your SR? Which is a joke IMO.

Also, I believe the higher the letter the better, but what does it mean when they change colors?

Last thing... What is the 5-Bars next to your name, and what effects it?

If there's answers to questions like these somewhere I missed, please let me know.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I've not read he manual, so no idea what's in it.

The bars next to your name indicate how good your internet connection is to the room/lobby. Full green bars is best, 1 red dot is terrible.

There are lots of DR/SR threads to read up on here, plus some stats sites and kudos site to get a better view of your progress than the game gives.

Where you finish?
Yes.
Where you start?
No*.
How many positions you pick up, or lose?
No*.
No.
Also, I believe the higher the letter the better, but what does it mean when they change colors?
The letter is your current ranking. Red means it went down as a result of the race you just did, blue means it went up.
Last thing... What is the 5-Bars next to your name, and what effects it?
Connection quality; your internet.

*Or if it does, the effect is tiny compared to your finishing position.

Starting position does affect the DR. You won't gain as much from not qualifying and coming in 8th as compared to qualifying 14th and finishing in 8th.

If your Sr is red you won't gain as much as if it were blue at the end of the race. Also if your Sr is too low you won't rank up.

Think of the DR as a huge ranking board from the best player to the worst. GTS will try and get you races with people around your level. If you beat people who are higher ranked than you, you'll increase your ranking. If you lose to people ranked lower than you, your rank will drop. You won't necessarily be ranked higher than the people you beat after one race, but eventually, everyone will find their place in the system and unless you practice loads and genuinely improve, that's where you'll stay. Not everyone can be an A or S driver, so try to improve and level up by all means, but more important, enjoy the close racing and don't get too hung up on what letter it's giving you.

It would be and end of race calculation that EFFECTS the changes in DR.

It is your performance in the race that AFFECTS it.

For what factors AFFECT it, listen to Famine and no no one else. He has done the work.

^^true for me yesterday...
race 1, quali 2nd, 11th after turn 1... whoops, spin and into the wall on the inside all by myself.
race 2, quali 4th, 18th after 2 laps, 'cause I punted someone, then sat on the side of the road to feel the shame.
race 3, quali 8th, 11th after turn 3... man these guys are really racing hard... wow...

Yes.

No*.

No*.

No.

The letter is your current ranking. Red means it went down as a result of the race you just did, blue means it went up.

I'm going to differ here.

Positions gained = Yes
SR = Yes

Extent to be defined, but there's an impact from both.

Would really like a definitive DR/SR thread, rather than 3 new ones every day.

yep, looked up at the "map" heading into the righthand hairpin (Dunlop) before the Schumi esses... and... ker-blamo... I hit him so hard I think he may have ended up in France... /dumb dumb dumb...
I kept watching for him to go bye, and I either missed him or he exited... meant to save the race replay but forgot...
Whomever that was, sorry... black 991

Yes.

No*.

No*.

No.

Here's a puzzle for you.
Last week I dropped down to SR. A - and then had some crash fest races on Alsace II, dropped down to lower A - then quit a race halfway through Bathurst (not rage quit, just something came up) and it dropped my DR and SR both to B.

So last night on Suzuka I went in with the mindset of getting my DR and SR back to A/S.
First race at B/B I qualified P1 and finished P1 - stayed B/B - there were 2 other DR A drivers. (17.56 total time)
Second race, I qualified P1 and finished P1 - promoted to A/A - there was 1 other DR A driver. (17.54 total time)
Third race (clean race bonus if that makes a difference), qualified P1 and finished P1 - promoted to S/S (what?) - there were no other DR A drivers, just B and lower) (17.50 total time)

Now, I have never been more than halfway through DR A (usually hovering about 1/3 through).
So why did the game suddenly bump me to DR S when I had just gone from DR B back to DR A one race before? Especially when there were no other DR S or even DR A drivers in the race that I won?

I just beat my cars number and my DR keeps going up. I often start towards the back as my DR:A is quite new and I'm often running with DR:S racers. My car often says 20 or 14, so beating that is always my aim, I'm half way through DR:A after a short while now, and I've been no where near winning anything for ages.*

* I won the manufacturer series race, never get anywhere near winning dailys.

I just beat my cars number and my DR keeps going up. I often start towards the back as my DR:A is quite new and I'm often running with DR:S racers. My car often says 20 or 14, so beating that is always my aim, I'm half way through DR:A after a short while now, and I've been no where near winning anything for ages.*

* I won the manufacturer series race, never get anywhere near winning dailys.

Forget your car number. Finish in the top half of the field.

Back