What if... Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo became 1 game???

Do you think Sony and Microsoft could merge, and a co-created console could be possible?

• Total voters
United States
Sacramento, CA
pikachuracer11
PikachuRacer
Note: This is a unlikely scenario. I made this as a theory of a what a possible merger between Sony and Microsoft may be like, and what it could bring if it happened... (Update: With the responses from players, the post was altered to provide more of the preffered bits of both games)

From a well-known Video Gaming News website: September 26, 20XX

SonySoft's X-Station arrives in time for the Holidays, GT/Forza Collab is a Reality!
Sony and Microsoft had joined forces in the console market last year, forming SonySoft as a jointly-owned gaming console company, and created their first console as a team: The SonySoft X-Station. This system is to compete with Nintendo's upcoming Wii 3 and SEGA's first console release in decades the DreamCast 2, in the next round of the ever-evolving Console Wars.

As one of their first games for the X-Station, another once-unlikely merger has become a reality as Gran Turismo's developer Polyphony Digital teams up with Forza Series developer Turn 10 to create a massive racing title that pleases both the fans of the Forza and GT games.

Dubbed "ForzaGT: The Driving Simulator Evolved", the new game has aspects that made both games so fought over on gaming forums by the PS4 and Xbox One fans (the PS3 and Xbox 360 fans before that, and so on...). Both teams had worked together for the last year, and our original thoughts seemed like a hugely-delayed fail. However the teams actually pulled off an incredible feat and the game is to be coming out alongside the new system on December 15th of this year.

Features shown to be in the game included many favorite features from both titles, including Time/Weather transitioning with astrological details (seen since PS3's Gran Turismo 6), Open World online Free-Roam mode with various locations to drive around, and improved Drivatar 3.0 which allows your friends' driving style to be seamlessly transitioned into the game's AI in offline play. Though being provided many high-quality details, the game has been confirmed to run at a constant 60fps on a 1080i resolution, but is to drop when set for a 4K resolution at about 35-40fps (just a bit faster than many current console games at that resolution, which currently run at 30fps in 4K).

The game is expected to feature over 400 Highly Detailed cars from around the world, ranging from historic racers and street cars of the past, to the most recent cars hot off the Auto Show floor (less than GT's current norm of over 1000 cars with many of them lower-detailed cars from the PS2 era, yet more than what you seen in Forza 5). All the cars will have virtually-identical exterior and interior design as their real-world counterparts. Polyphony said back in 2014 that it wasn't gonna completely remove their "Standard" cars from the game for the unforeseen future, it seems the with the help from Turn 10's staff, it was made possible to change the mind of the PD staff. Over 80 different combined tracks and layouts from the real-world, city-based, and Forza and GT's original track lineups are to be provided, all with the incredible detail you expected from both Forza and GT. Additional DLC cars and Tracks are to be released monthly (as it was with Forza games) for both free and at a cost, providing even more variety for the players to choose from.

Gran Turismo's ever evolving Physics engine was quite a challenge for PD's staff to give up on, so Turn 10 has allowed the Handling and surface physics engine from GT to be mixed in with Forza's vehicle and environmental crash physics and vehicle sounds quality. So now you have the nearly-realistic handling physics of Gran Turismo that made several racing gamers into successful drivers through the "GT Academy" promotion combined with the crash physics for both the cars and the environment around them that you enjoyed from recent Forza games. If you prefered Forza's driving physics over GT's, the settings menu will allow you to switch between the two.

On the vehicle tuning department, all of the tunes and tweaks from both Forza and GT have been provided. Now you can completely tune your car as you would with a real-world car with parts from a variety of aftermarket tuning companies, as brands like HKS, Brembo, and C-West (to name a few of the over 50 aftermarket brands) provided popular bits from their aftermarket catalog to let players try their products on their virtual rides (...maybe to get them interested for application on their real rides). Plus, with the addition of Wheel Spacers, this would please the fans of both sides equally. Finally, GT fans will now be able to build the race car of their dreams, as Forza's heavily-customizable Livery Editor is now a part of the game provided alongside a nearly endless line of wheels, body kits, and spoilers. The height adjustment of the rear wings seen in recent GT titles has also been kept, providing even further customization.

With many popular features from both games as well as some highly demanded features that were asked for many times by both GT and Forza Fans, this is starting to sound like a win-win for both parties. But with the game coming ever so closely to release and already millions of pre-orders, we're expecting online play could become a bit crowded upon release. Hope that PD and Turn 10 have made sure the servers can handle the intense demand.

Last edited:
Would not buy.

/GT fanboy.

In reality it would probably make for a good game. I could say more on the subject but my beer might get warm while I type.

Though there have been rumors of Sony providing parts for future Xbox systems, if true it's not gonna mean that a merger between the 2 biggest players in the Console Wars (Sony and Microsoft) would be possible any time soon (though maybe in the future if Nintendo or any new/revived console brand strikes them both hard enough to drop sales globally).
I agree the details provided above would result to a great game and I would buy if it did exist (I like both games evenly and therefore a neutral in "GT vs Forza"), but I did say it is an unlikely scenario.

If one did beat the other to the punch in using this theory as an inspiration for the ultimate racing game and bring the game out as described (even if it wasn't GT or Forza that ended up doing it), it could be a significant game-changer.

Sony and Microsoft will merge the same day the Democrats and Republicans do.

Which also happens to be the same day that North and South Korea become united.

6a0120a6abf659970b016760798305970b-pi

I could see it possibly happening as eventually there probably won't be a market for more than 1 console considering most major games are cross platform. When this happens I could see one company buying most of the others valuable assets if they don't go the developer only route like Sega and Atari have. Of course even if this happened chances are they would just combine T10 and PD into one company but still use the Gran Turismo name as it has more value than Forza.

Granted, it's also easy to see both franchises getting the axe before anything resembling a merger can occur.

The only way Forza and GT would hypthetically be merged is when they both lose extremely significant sales against rival sim games such as pCARS and Assetto Corsa (if it ever comes to consoles), or whether people just get fed up of realistic car games entirely.

Otherwise it isn't going to happen.

The game is expected to feature over 400 Highly Detailed cars from around the world, ranging from historic racers and street cars of the past, to the most recent cars hot off the Auto Show floor (less than GT's norm of over 1000 cars with many of them lower-detailed cars from the PS2 era, yet more than what you expected from previous Forza Games).
For the record Forza 3 and 4 broke that number. I don't know about 5, but I wouldn't be surprised. Forza 2 was only 50 short.

Gran Turismo's ever evolving Physics engine was quite a challenge for PD's staff to give up on, so Turn 10 has allowed the Handling and surface physics engine from GT to be mixed in with Forza's vehicle and environmental crash physics. So now you have the nearly-realistic handling physics of Gran Turismo that made several racing gamers into successful drivers through the "GT Academy" promotion combined with the crash physics for both the cars and the environment around them that you enjoyed from recent Forza games.
Some major problems there as forcing Turn 10 to drop their work on tire modeling alone would be a disaster. That could be enough to keep those Forza fans interested in physics far away from the game.

I think Turn 10 and PD have different priorities when it comes to physics, and they wouldn't mesh at all in a combined game unless you could switch from GT physics to Forza physics, or something.

Also, this could probably go in the consoles game section or something. Actually there's probably a thread like this somewhere.

I started to play Forza games with Forza 4, but didn't expect that it already exceeded 400 cars upon it's release (until I checked the web to find out you were correct). As for the comparison between Turn 10 and PD's quality, I heard most say that GT was better on physics while Forza provided more detailed models.

I noticed GT6's driving physics have made for a more realistic feel. Forza 4's tire physics are still very impressive, however I didn't play Forza 5 yet and unsure that it's tire physics would meet or exceed the ones from the PD/Yokohama Tires Collab provided for GT6. You do have a good point about having such a collab game allowing you to choose between Forza or GT based physics, as a way to please both sides and let players get the feel of both physics so they can find the best physics for them.

I would never buy another racing game if that happened. Give me Gran Turismo graphics and physics, and combined the car lists with Forza's exhaust sounds and that would be perfect.
I know Forza has superior audio quality for the car's engine/exhaust sounds, just forgot to place that point into the post ahead of time.

As for the idea of the Detail combining GT and Forza quality, I believe it would be more like GT's enviroment, weather, lighting, and vehicle quality of details with the model smoothness and fluid motion of the water seen in Forza.
I know GT has incredible realism in the details of buildings (aside from the 2D trees), "Premium" cars, lighting, and weather.
I admit Forza has smoother edges on their models and has water that is in motion, though I also admit that the lighting is a bit too bright.

Either one of these happens:

- We get the most awesomemest racing game by combining the strong points of each game.
- We get the crappiest racing game from lack of competition.

I really don't see it happening at all. While the OP is suggesting a virtual automotive garden of eden, he is forgetting the other facets to T10 and PD products, namely the awful AI, in game economy that is skewed towards extra purchases, utterly bugged livery editor, nonsensicle and limited track selection, a career mode that feels like box ticking, interminably short races, endurance races that are ludicrously long, I could go on. The grass is not always greener....

Basically the same thing every time this is brought up; the best of both worlds, though the merged names amuse me. However, I find this impossible.
Open World online Free-Roam mode with various locations to drive around,
Open world is good.
Over 80 different combined tracks and layouts from the real-world, city-based
So, uh, this is basically the open world as in literally, the world?
Forza and GT's original track lineups are to be provided
Original as in including all the fantasy tracks?

So, uh, this is basically the open world as in literally, the world?
When refering to real-world, I meant tracks like Silverstone, Sonoma (Infineon), Sebring, etc. However, I also did refer to open-world locations (like all of Japan or the various regions of Europe and America), so it would count into the amount of 80 locations.

Original as in including all the fantasy tracks?
Yea. Fantasy tracks like Trial Mountain and Route X from GT, or Maple Valley and Bernese Alps from Forza are concidered as "Originals" in their respective franchises.

When refering to real-world, I meant tracks like Silverstone, Sonoma (Infineon), Sebring, etc. However, I also did refer to open-world locations (like all of Japan or the various regions of Europe and America), so it would count into the amount of 80 locations.
Which is why I said when the game is described as "open-world free roam", it literally means the ability to drive through the entire world unless it were to take a route similar to TDU2 with only 2-3 open world locations (US, Japan, & Europe).

80 locations in an open-world free roam is nigh impossible, otherwise.

Yea. Fantasy tracks like Trial Mountain and Route X from GT, or Maple Valley and Bernese Alps from Forza are concidered as "Originals" in their respective franchises.
And how would these play into an open-world if many of this locations aren't located anywhere besides possible guesses at their respective regions?

80 locations in an open-world free roam is nigh impossible, otherwise.
I was refering to over 80 tracks as the mix of race tracks, closed city circuits, fantasy tracks, and Free-Roam Locations. If such happened, there would be at least 3 Open-World Free Roam locations, one representing each part of the world (one in Europe, one in Asia, and one in America). However, DLCs would likely introduce more locations.

I would love to see it happen, even if it's just sharing assets like cars and tracks. IMO the game structure and atmosphere of GT & Forza is unique to each, and I see no reason to combine them. But more cars and tracks is always better.

Not gonna happen though sadly.

Back