What is the best rally game for PS2?

United States
Parma Heights, Ohio, USA
I've been looking around for rally games that have DFP support. I found WRC, Colin McRae, and Richard Burns Rally, and also V-Rally 3. Anyone have any advice?

I've been looking around for rally games that have DFP support. I found WRC, Colin McRae, and Richard Burns Rally, and also V-Rally 3. Anyone have any advice?

I played a little bit of a Colin McRae game a while ago on PS2 but don't remember the name. I loved it. Well, at least the little time I played it.

Oks here goes: Colin has GREAT graphics and good physics, V-Rally has good graphics/little weak physics, WRC has very good graphics and good physics and AWESOME presentation, as it is the officially licenced rally game, RBR finally has mediacore graphics but EASILY the best physics.

Last edited:
I thought WRC:Rally Evolved was quite good, the graphics are good for a PS2 game and it has an easy to navigate menu. It has a nice variety of rally stages and random events occur while you're driving, for example, you'll see another car broken down sometimes or a fallen tree on the side of the road.

Colin Mcrae Rally 2005 was good as well, there's a huge variety of rally cars and stages. The physics are fun and the graphics are quite good for a PS2 game.

Both games are great, so it's pretty much down to personal preference.

There is only 1 choice here. Richard Burns Rally.

I have never played a rally game, before or since, that has replicated the feel of rallying quite like RBR. Brilliant with the DFP, based on real stages which are all challenging and fun. Excellent physics, deep tuning, easily the best rally game of all time.

I bought WRC II - Extreme when it came out mainly because it had a fully licensed field and concept cars over CMR3. Everything was great about the game but the crash physics had a light rag doll effect which was slightly annoying. I also liked the way they mimicked ITV's coverage at the time in the game with the same commentators and event information VT's.

There were 3 later iterations of it on PS2, WRC 3, WRC 4 and Rally Evolved also great games and addressed the physics. I recon Evolution Studios could do a great rally game today if they hadn't run off and done Motorstom.

Robin.

I bought WRC II - Extreme when it came out mainly because it had a fully licensed field and concept cars over CMR3. Everything was great about the game but the crash physics had a light rag doll effect which was slightly annoying. I also liked the way they mimicked ITV's coverage at the time in the game with the same commentators and event information VT's.

There were 3 later iterations of it on PS2, WRC 3, WRC 4 and Rally Evolved also great games and addressed the physics. I recon Evolution Studios could do a great rally game today if they hadn't run off and done Motorstom.

Robin.

Fully agree on everything you said.

Back