Which Endurance race is worth the time and...?

• Thread starter xfer
  • 18 comments
Couple of question:

1) Which Endurance race is worth the time? (Probably cos it gives u one of the best car ingame if u win it)

2) Which Endurance race is the shortest?

Hmm, Laguna Seca gives the best car for Endurance?

Btw, just wondering, which car won on Endurance can give me a good shot on the proffessional world Championship?

1) Which Endurance race is worth the time? (Probably cos it gives u one of the best car ingame if u win it)
"worth the time" is subjective so based on the best prize car, then it's Nurburgring 24hr Endurance, which gives you one of the 10 different colored FGT prize cars. The FGT cars are the most valuable and arguably the best overall performing cars in the game.

2) Which Endurance race is the shortest?
Super Speedway 150 Miles

The El Captain Endurence is probably the most popular, since you win the Toyota Minolta, which some say is the fastest car in the game (excluding the Formula GT). The 24 Hour races are fun to be A-Specced, but can get a bit boring, especilly the Sarthe ones

Just a side-note, 24 Hour races, do they take u really 24 hours before it ends? Im thinking of A-specing it but 24hour on that single track will drive me crazy.

Also, FGT cars are the same apart from colour?

Just started the game so bare with my lack of knowledge, ty =)

The shortest endurance race is the one on Super Speedway. It covers just 150 miles (100 laps) and requires just two pit stops. However, I wouldn't want to do it in A-spec. All the cars are really fast, and of course the track is really boring. If I were to ever A-spec an endurance race, it would have to be one of the ones in which the AI vehicles use road tires on road cars, not race cars. Race cars may handle like they're glued to the road, but they're extremely difficult to control with the precision necessary to win races. I B-specced nearly every race in the game that required racing tires.

So yeah, just do one of the shorter endurance races where you can use a road car. They're much more forgiving. You could even try doing 1000 Miles! It's long, very long, and it's made longer because you're only allowed to use older (thus slower) cars. But it's fairly easy because you can usually easily outmatch all your opponents. It's not a very good value for the money, though. You put in lots of time and the reward is disappointing (you get 900,000cr for winning all four races, but the prize car is just some old Alfa).

If you want the fastest way to make money endurance racing, use the Fuji 1000km race. B-spec that and it'll take around 5 hours to complete, and that's if you leave and never come back to speed up the time again. Your reward is 750,000cr plus a car that you can sell for over 700,000cr. It's the best way to make money with minimal input and time investment. Unlike the DTM method, doing Fuji over and over again can be done when you leave in the morning for work or school, and before you go to bed. That's how I made enough money to buy every car in the game.

Luca, thx! Good advise on the quick tip for credits. If i B-Spec Fuji 1000km, on a x3 speed, it should take less than 3 hours, with 1.5 mil, sounds like a good investment for doing nothing.

Im already done with 1000miles, and im pretty sick of it now, switching over to endurance race. Looking for both quick credits, and best car which i can do.

Currently into my 1st hour in the Nurburgring 24hr Endurance omg. Just because it offers "arguably the best overall performing cars in the game."

Take a quick look near the end of the "$$$ per minute" thread (I'd post the link but I don't know how) for a summary of some of the enduros, how long they take and what you win.

Just a side-note, 24 Hour races, do they take u really 24 hours before it ends?
Timed endurance races end after the time runs out, and the lead car crosses the start/finish line. For the 24hr Nurb race, you'll need to complete 195 laps to gurentee a win, less depending on the quality of the randomly selected field of AI cars.

Im thinking of A-specing it but 24hour on that single track will drive me crazy.
Just pace yourself. I have left my PS2 (non-slim version) on for weeks at a time without any problems of over-heating. I do use a USP battery backup with my PS2, just in case of a power outage, as I live in an area where we have occasionaly blackouts due to severe thunderstorms.

Also, FGT cars are the same apart from colour?
Yes.

If your just trying to earn extra cash. Do the dutch touring car championship in the european hall with the mercedes CLK touring car. B-spec all the way through. Just put the speed on 4. you get 15,000 per race for a total of 75,000 plus and extra 75,000 for winning the championship. And a car you can sell for 743,000 or something like that. so you end up with close to 900,000. But for the enduros I'd do Nurb 24 with the minolta so you could get the FGT.

Im not the biggest fan of the minolta because of its odd steering, but hey, it will give you a bunble of cash when you sell it;.
its also i think a fun track to race on, i usually use JGTC cars, primarly the WoodOne Supra.

Ok c00l. Thx for all the inputs. Helped alot.

So Formula GT is the best car ingame?

On the note of fast cash, i thought capri's special condition race is fast enough, but the b-specing one seems better, without having to spend time on it actually.

When you come right down to it they're all worth the time, since you need them all for 100% completion.

As for the FGT being the best, well it depends on what you mean by "best". I could argue the Dodge Ram is best, because I've collected 19,800 A-spec points with it, way more than any other car in the game can do.

The FGT can win any of the races it's eligible for except two: the fifth race in the Gran Turismo All Star series on Test Course, and the Like the Wind race, also on Test Course. At least I haven't been able to yet; if anyone has I'd dearly love to see their tuning setup.

Having said that, there are a number of cars that can win anything the FGT can (Minolta Toyota 88C-V, Nissan R92CP, Sauber Mercedes C9, etc) and also the two races I said the FGT can't win, however, in most cases the FGT does it more easily.

In terms of fun enduros, I'd highly recommend the Roadster 4 hour. In a stock V-Limited (or whatever), I had a 30 or so lap-long battle for the lead :D

But then I pitted and ended up 15 sec ahead. :( (bear in mind I only ran an hour of the race)

Plus, when you win, you get a RX-7 LM, which sounds (and looks) fantastic.

Well, having done all of the Endurance races in A-Spec, I can tell you from my experiences that the El Capitan Enduro is by far the most enjoyable, especially if you use an underpowered car. My car was just about 40 hp below the AI, and I won by about 3 seconds. The sense of accomplishment you get from winning right after you pass the lead car down the final straight is much more satisfying than lapping the AI 500 times.

Back