Which is the best Steering Wheel for GT5?

• Thread starter Dalone
  • 68 comments
Australia
Darwin NT Austr
dlone47
I have only ever used the PS controllers but am considering getting a steering wheel. Can I get some advice as to which one/ones are the best and which ones are dogs. Thanks.

The DFGT is the best bang for buck. Mostly, because it has adjustable race trim settings and it was made for Gran Turismo. 👍

You need 900 degree turning wheels, very few of them.

Budget:
- Logitech Driving Force GT
- Fanatec 911

The 911 comes with clutch and H-shifter, but clutch isn't implemented good in GT5; go with DFGT.

High price:
- Logitech G25/ G27
- Fanatec GT3 RS
- Thrustmaster T500 RS (1080 degree wheel)

None are officially supported, thus you will need to use your controller many times. So for simplest way, go with DFGT or if you're on the rich side, then T500; which they say is the best wheel on the market at present at such a price point. its also supported by GT5.

I've been using a G27 and it is pretty amazing.l There is a dead spot in the wheel which I don't like but it isn't a huge issue. Pedals are fine, it was cheap and functional and feels good. Needs a slightly bigger wheel imo.

I've been using a G27 and it is pretty amazing.l There is a dead spot in the wheel which I don't like but it isn't a huge issue. Pedals are fine, it was cheap and functional and feels good. Needs a slightly bigger wheel imo.

^^ This.
My first wheel was a DFGT but then I got a g27 and I think it's par for the game. It does need a bigger wheel but besides that, it does the job 👍

I use the G25, i prefer it to the G27 because the G25 has the sequential shifter setting, that the g27 does not.

the g27 has a few more bells and whistles but G25 FTW

(i just got mine on ebay for $154 shipped. you cant beat that)

I use a G27. Works very well with the game pretty much a quick plug and play, everything works like you expect it to work. Wheel buttons are perfect for what I need them for [left - look back, right - high beams] Only thing I dont like is the hand brake buttons is on the shift panel which feels awkward and sometimes hard to find when not looking so drifting can get tricky. If the G27 wheel was supported the only button I would switch is the hand brake, I would switch it to the clutch pedal since the clutch doesn't work that well in this game. But all in all, great wheel to have, works like a dream in GT5 apart from the clutch.

I recently bought my first wheel and went with the DFGT. I'm more of a casual gamer so I wasnt prepared to outlay the extra cash for the G27 and I must say I have no complaints. I see it as the perfect entry level wheel which you can use to guage whether you want to outlay more cash further down the track for a more serious wheel.

Troops

I count the Logitec G27 is the most fitting one as far as I'm aware or informed of, the Driving Force GT also provides us with sweet handling so both are basically okay to buy. But considering the number of people who takes enjoyment with steering wheels in the game, then may be advised to picked up the G27 or G25 as your purchase.

Please don't laugh at me, but...
I have Logitech Wireless Wheel. No pedals, but I got it for only $30 refurb.
It works great with GT5.
Just in case you're on a budget.

Why are all steering wheels expensive? I mean it's just a turning thingy, never of my life paying 500 euro's for one, not even one for 30 euro's.

I recently bought my first wheel and went with the DFGT. I'm more of a casual gamer so I wasnt prepared to outlay the extra cash for the G27 and I must say I have no complaints. I see it as the perfect entry level wheel which you can use to guage whether you want to outlay more cash further down the track for a more serious wheel.

Troops

+2

I use also a DFGT ... and no complains at all.
👍

What's equally important as a wheel, is the deivice it is mounted too. I liked my wheel when mounted to a table... but I LOVED it once I got a wheel stand. Much more confortable, and easier to drive too. http://www.xwstands.com/ = best bang for the buck.

I used a DFGT and had no complaints, until I tried a G27. The DFGT/DFP is a toy compared to the G27; there is NO comparison. From driving feel to fit & finish, the G27 is lightyears ahead.

What's more, the DFGT can be somewhat fragile and you may end up sending it back for a replacement. From everything I've seen and heard, the G27 is virtually indestructible.
--

The G27 is $200 on NewEgg/Amazon now, so it's only slightly more expensive than the DFGT.

Get the G27 and never look back.

Why are all steering wheels expensive? I mean it's just a turning thingy, never of my life paying 500 euro's for one, not even one for 30 euro's.

It has a strong motor which isn't cheap in itself probably, but due to the forces that it outputs the materials need to be very durable.

I would suggest the Fanatec GT2. You can use it with the 925/27 pedals, standard ones, or clubsport ones. The one main advantage is the fact it is cross platform. Xbox, PC, and PS3, so you wont be spending money for another wheel if something comes out on another console.

I use a T500rs and am very happy with it. Can also vouch those little Logitech DFGT/DFP wheels are sweet and very good for starting out 👍

Logitech g25 or g27 because there are plenty of mods you can do. The clutch is fine for GT5. It may not be 100 percent realistic but it's good enough. I learned how to double clutch heel toe in the game. Now I drive like that in my real car.

Dualshock 3 is the best you can go

Maybe Im stupid or something (or maybe someone else is) but I never realized the dualshock 3 was a wheel... isnt that what the topic is all about??? best wheel for GT5... unless your trolling or stupid... or both...

To the OP - even if you arent faster with a wheel I can garantee you that you will enjoy the gaming experience 10x more... and probably never touch another type of game again.

There is allot of technology that goes into todays wheels. They are not just a turning thingy.

tribolik
Maybe Im stupid or something (or maybe someone else is) but I never realized the dualshock 3 was a wheel... isnt that what the topic is all about??? best wheel for GT5... unless your trolling or stupid... or both...

To the OP - even if you arent faster with a wheel I can garantee you that you will enjoy the gaming experience 10x more... and probably never touch another type of game again.

Im not trolling or stupid but i think you just might be. Lol jk i know this is for racing wheels but in my oppinion i wouldnt get one at all. the dualshock three is what i use as a wheel. So i qualify for using this thread

klassykid9801
Im not trolling or stupid but i think you just might be. Lol jk i know this is for racing wheels but in my oppinion i wouldnt get one at all. the dualshock three is what i use as a wheel. So i qualify for using this thread

Well I have to say the Xbox pad trumps that and probably the HKS controller too.

I have to agree though. When someone asked for the best steering wheel, it should be about steering wheels.

Back