Which LSD?

RichJen707
This may have already been asked before, so I'm sorry in advance if I have repeated this question. Which LSD do u prefer? I personally am beginning to go against the FC LSD because its unrealistic to have a fully adjustable LSD. And also, which LSD would be best for certain situations?

RichardSoAsian
This may have already been asked before, so I'm sorry in advance if I have repeated this question. Which LSD do u prefer? I personally am beginning to go against the FC LSD because its unrealistic to have a fully adjustable LSD. And also, which LSD would be best for certain situations?
why do you say having a fully adjustable lsd unrealistic?
LSD is all in personal preference. most cars i like a 2 way, but some appeal to me better with the stock lsd.
and i cannot answer the last question. like i said before, its all personal preference on how YOU want YOUR car to feel.

Like Suzuki said, it's all personal preferance and some work better than others. Like on the Supra I am working on, I went through all the LSD's and found out that the 1.5 LSD worked the best for me. Just experiment through what you are doing.

I would agree that it does very much depend on the car in question, for example I find that most FWD cars are better suited to a 1-way LSD.

I normally run a FC LSD on most set-ups and fail to see how this would be unrealistic as it allows you to set the locking points? Do you actually have any idea of the level of adjustment that can be reached with some top level motorsport diff systems? The diffs on a WRC car can be set to offer a different locking setting at different throttle possitions. Far more adjustability that can be done in GT4, I would argue that we can't do enough in GT4.

If you can pick up a copy of Richard Burns Rally, now that will give you an idea of the level of adjustability that we should have, not just with LSD's but tuning as a whole. The entire range of settings options in GT4 is just too limited in my opinion.

BTW - one to watch are the cars in reality that are fitted with very complex and advanced diff systems, such as the R33 & R34 Skylines, a lot of these cars actually suffer when you fit a LSD of any kind.

Regards

Scaff

Well the only kinds of LSDs that u could interchange gears to give u different settings is a Clutch Type LSD. Do they use preset LSDs in JGTC races like they do in drifting, or do they have clutch types. Clutch type LSDs break faster than preset LSDs. Clutch types are the LSDs that come in Supra TTs and some other cars i forgot.

Edit: I was playing around with FC and 1.5 way LSDs in my R34, then 1.5 to me seems like it made the car understeer more. What would be good FC LSD settings to put in the front? lower numbers?

What I found best for all wheel drive drifting is something like this:

Front:
Initial: 5
Accel: 20
Decel: 5

Rear:
Initial: 10
Accel: 60
Decel: 20

Seems to work well for me in my NISMO Skyline and Subaru for drifting.

Basically a 1.5 or 2 Way LSD works best... but it's your taste.

The 1.5 Way gives less Decel so better for drifting.
2-Way can create a bit of understeer.

If you use Full Customize, you will have to know how to tune it well.

I use a 1.5 or Full Customize if the car needs one.

my Evo VIII has fully adjustable LSD in it. it gives more options than others with more precise adjustments. it means I don't need another diff for track driving, just one part can do any set up you need. i'd say thats thats an obvious must have in any serious car.

RichardSoAsian
Clutch type LSDs break faster than preset LSDs.

Prove that!!!

Sweeping statements like that very rarely hold water at all, the reliability of any mechanical componant will depend almost entirely on how it was built and if it is being used for the correct purpose.

Clutch type LSDs may well have a better life that clutch based ones in D1 or other drifting sports, but that can not then be taken to be a true statement for all events.

As I have already pointed out, WRC cars run very complex diffs and these have to survive some of the most extreme conditions of almost any form of motorsport. Hardly sounds like a 'weak' component.

That however gets totally of your point, which was that the GT4 FC LSD is unrealistic because diffs of that type are not found the real racing. A statement that is incorrect, as full adjustable diffs are found in a wide range of motorsport.

Regards

Scaff

I meant unrealistic in a street car. Not WRC or any other race category. But you are correct. I dint know that they actually had full customizable LSDs out there. The LSDs that i usually hear of that are even adjustable are clutch types with interchangeable gears. People say those types break easier because some change gearings so often...or something like that, i forget.

But now I found settings that work for me. Thanks for the contributions!

Back