Which test course track do you like the best?

• Thread starter toyota_gt1
  • 23 comments

Which test course track is your favorite?

• gt1-2 test course

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • gt3-4 test course

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters
3/4, obviously.. the 1/2 track was too short to get up to full speed before you hit the corners.

That's really the only thing I ever used it for. Honestly, they should just have a single, endless straightaway track used for testing top speed.

OT-> Actually, I'd like to see the Nardo Speed track in GT5:

nardo.jpg

-> But if I were pick between the two, I like to see them both on GT5. These two tracks have their own distinct characteristics, I like the GT1-2 version better, although you won't squeeze out the most of its speed enough, but challenges you for the high speed stability on those steep embankment. While the GT3-4 are more for competition and racing than testing, as the former, this track doesn't go all the way either. :)

GT1-2 "Test Track":
test_course_165x168.gif

GT3-4 "Driving Park Test Track":
test_course_165x168.gif

(:

bonneville salt flats anyone?

anyway, in regards to the topic at hand i like the GT 3-4 test course better. the GT 1-2 test course was just sort of slotted in between a top speed test track and a regular oval race track. In other words, it was both too short and too long respectivly for either use. The newer test track is still kind of short to be an all out top speed test track but it is the perfect place for standing start, quarter (400m) and one mile (1000m) testing. (a little tidbit, i always tune my gears using the 1000 meter test. By setting the gears properly for the 1000 meter test (redline in top gear at the 1000 m. mark) generaly that serves as a good gear setup for most of the tracks in the game.)

between the two the GT 3-4 track is the most usefull so it's the one i choose. but it would still be nice to have a bonneville-esque course for true top speed testing, although a paved surface would be prefered.

like the 3-4 version better because the corners are more stable so its much better to drive and its not as nerve racking. plus, the racing and testing is much better.

The 1 & 2 test course version is the best one, there you had the feeling of speed because the street was narrower and the trees of both sides gave you an idea about your speed. The nw test course feels like you arent moving at all, everything looks the same only the engine says you that your going almost 260mp/h.:yuck:

The long turn was also narrower and more fun because you had to slow down a bit, but the new one needs no driving skills at all. :grumpy:

I thought Test Course was the same from GT2 onwards? People aren't confusing it with Super Speedway (which became Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway in GT4)?

Test course is a symmetrical oval.
Super Speedway is an a-symmetrical oval. One of the ends is narrower.

That said, I agree with Michael88. In Test Course it doesn't feel like you are moving at all. Just hold the accelerator down and watch as the background flys by. Super Speedway is slightly more interesting.

I'd definitely take the GT3-GT4 version, though I think it could use a bit more banking, especially on the transitions to and from the straightaways. By that I mean the turns stop and start before there's enough banking to hold you; as a result, you tend to lose 4-5 mph in the entries and exits due to the fact the extra steering input increases friction between the tires and the pavement. I hope that all makes sense to you guys.

i voted for the 3-4 track.

I dont see any good point in the Nardo Track, id much rather see Ehra-Lessien.
car_photo_211289_5.jpg

Some other interesting information about Ehra-Lessien:
The heavy white outline around the whole facility is sand (at least 24 feet wide or wider in some places) that is graded perfectly smooth so they can see any footprints (i.e. intruders, spys, etc.,etc.). The sand has two razor wire fences on either side of it that looks similar to what was up at the border between east and west Germany at one time. There is also a security service road that is patrolled all day.

Within the facility you'll see a 4 mile stretch of three lane (each direction) track with dogbone loops on each end that are banked (you can drive at roughly 120mph on the banking and let go of the steering wheel and the car goes straight). This is their high speed test loop where they have wrung out the Veyron and other cars.

There is another much smaller high speed test loop that has a small pond and a vast area of asphalt for a variety of tests. The brake testing area is here where they have differnet surfaces used for adhesion/ABS testing. This smaller high-speed ring has a smooth lane and two increasingly rougher surface lanes (to the point that you would question your life at 120mph+ going over the rough equivalent of speed bumps that are staggered left-right).

At the south end is the main entrance and R&D facilities. This is also where the "torture" track is located. Here cars are subjected to god awful surfaces, potholes, bumps, inclines, heavy braking, small jumps, a water crossing (yes they drive the car through at both high and low speed in about 6 inches of water) and more. I was told the test drivers are not allowed to drive the torture track for more than 15 minutes at a time due to fatigue.

The north end has a number of meandering roads that have a variety of surfaces, camber of turns, banking of turns and, although you can't see it, up to 75 feet of elevation climbs where they will strap a large load of weight both inside the car and on a trailer behind the car to do load testing.

I like the GT1/GT2 version for the looks, and they make good tracks for racing on. But like the GT3/GT4 version because they also make for good racing (mainly slipstream) and you can get higher speeds.

The GT1/2 version...well, it was as close as that game came to the bullrings known as Daytona and Talladega. As a test track, not that great, but as a race course...well, it was more fun than the Driving Park test course. Granted that you had your car up far enough off the ground so that you didn't spin out on those banks.

the Driving Park course is more of a test track for me. It's a lot smoother, a little wider, a bit longer, too. and I actually get bored at it. hold the gas down. turn a little. turn a little. straight. drafting's nice, but a bit powerful...or perhaps I'm just used to cars being restricted on such autodromes.

GT1/2 test course is something i'd like to see come back. that...or replace it with....

talladega_superspeedway1.jpg

oh, 'Dega would be so great to run the Superbird on....

The GT3 and 4 one was better as a high speed test track, but it was a lot more boring for racing on than the GT1 and GT2 track. It's just too wide and long, it is the least interesting track I think I have ever raced on in any racing game, ever.

im thinking if they made the GT3/4 track a lot thinner, so maybe only like 2-2 1/2 cars wide, itd make for some interesting racing...

with that facility that was posted, with the wet track, performance ciruit etc. it would be good if it was all open and you could just cruise from on part to the other....

personally, i like the gt1/2 test course because it was the most classic. it was a fun track to race at if your racing with equal cars. it also gives you a challenge with the steep corners which can be tricky if your going fast. the gt3/4 test course is very boring because as said before its just to big and wide. the corners arent really banked and you can just hold it wide open non stop which will get boring quick. i think they should include both tracks in the game and use the gt3/4 test course just for testing and the gt1/2 test course for racing such as the like the wind race. as a bonus, the should throw out twin ring motegi super speedway and bring back the original super speedway. that would be awesome.

Back