Why do I always get the worst prize on the roulette wheel?

• Thread starter Chrisssss
  • 32 comments
Why do I always get the worst prize on the roulette wheel?
You don't - you just almost always do. Although I guess it depends what you class as "worst".

The prizes are preset - the wheel is just an animation; there's no chance of getting any of the other prizes but the predetermined one - and at all levels of ticket the most common prize is the lowest amount of credits possible.

80%+ of one-star tickets give credit rewards of 1,000cr to 10,000cr. 80% of two-star tickets give credit rewards of 5,000cr to 30,000cr. 75% of three-star tickets give credit rewards of 5,000cr to 10,000cr.

You don't - you just almost always do. Although I guess it depends what you class as "worst".

The prizes are preset - the wheel is just an animation; there's no chance of getting any of the other prizes but the predetermined one - and at all levels of ticket the most common prize is the lowest amount of credits possible.

80%+ of one-star tickets give credit rewards of 1,000cr to 10,000cr. 80% of two-star tickets give credit rewards of 5,000cr to 30,000cr. 75% of three-star tickets give credit rewards of 5,000cr to 10,000cr.
Has your font gone darker, or do I need to have my sight checked? Edit: seems like this happened on "reload because of a message in between" I guess.

In addition to what Famine posted:
With the special parts now available on the tuning shop, and most of the money being expected to come from the few well paid races, I dont see much reason to even open these tickets anymore, as the animation takes too long for comfort (for me).
The only thing you exclusively available by chance of these tickets are the invitations.

Last edited:
I've never had anything other than the lowest price in the wheel, none of the prizes and always the smallest stack of coins..

I've had some cracking gifts from the wheel.... million credits, VGT cars and better..... but in my estimation, around 90 to 95% of the time, you will get the smallest pile of coins. Or an invitation to buy a car you already bought...... 🤣 The most frustrating ones for me are the 6-star engine or parts tickets. Just give me the cash!

It's almost always rigged, unless you're very lucky to have something very different.
It simply a chance skewed towards the lower end of cash prices, badly visualized by making it look like each of the 5 prices was equally available when in fact all of the prices (even those not visually present in the roulette) could possibly have been drawn.
So its not like its 20% chance to recieve either of the 5, but more like 75% chance to recieve the lowest cash price per tier, and the rest of the 25% are split among higher cash prices, parts, cars, invitations and so on (not accurately measured, but just to explain it).

Once you hit 26.2 miles, two "random" number generators are run, one to determine the ticket type (which is affected by your current Collector Level), and the other to determine the prize. The odds for both are over here (with the caveat that the listed odds for 1-star and 2-star tickets for CL 15-19 and CL 20+ represent the odds to get 6-star engine and 6-star parts tickets).

The 4 prizes that are displayed that you don't get don't matter - in fact, they may not be available from that ticket. For example, anywhere between 1 and 3 of the displayed cash prizes on an all-cash wheel are not valid.

There is one exception to the absolute lock-in of the prize - if you drew a car or a car part and immediately quit the game rather than going back to the garage (which saves the ticket), if you open the ticket again after a content update that added one or more cars or car parts of that category (and only after said update), you might get a different car or car part from that category.

Pretending the prize is being randomized, pretending the options are of equal chance, wasting the player’s time with a fake animation, and putting such low effort into the prize pool (so many “top tier” rare prizes are actually unintentionally worthless!!)

It’s one of the most frustrating and moronic implementations of giving out a “prize” ever created, and actively insults the intelligence of the players it’s directed at. The prize wheel is a symbol of PD’s laziness and open contempt for its player base.

Pretending the prize is being randomized, pretending the options are of equal chance, wasting the player’s time with a fake animation, and putting such low effort into the prize pool (so many “top tier” rare prizes are actually unintentionally worthless!!)

It’s one of the most frustrating and moronic implementations of giving out a “prize” ever created, and actively insults the intelligence of the players it’s directed at. The prize wheel is a symbol of PD’s laziness and open contempt for its player base.
I think you’re overreacting. The intelligent player realise that the animation is just an animation and that you’re most likely to win the smallest prize on display. Take it for what it is - a small bonus for playing half an hour. It’s not intended to be your main source of credits.

A bit off-topic, but what happened to the regular 6-Star non-parts/engine tickets from daily mileage? I haven't got one of these in 8 months. Did they remove them or am I just really bad with luck?

Last edited:
I dunno, I win some pretty good stuff.

71562058049__70613DA9-6EFE-4BCC-AEA6-E5B72A5CA7AC.jpeg

IMG_2610.jpeg

IMG_2592.jpeg

71311565829__AE6393C6-17FC-496F-B729-395EA589C99C.jpeg

So, I dunno.

A bit off-topic, but what happened to the regular 6-Star non-parts/engine tickets from daily mileage? I haven't got one of these in 8 months. Did they remove them or am I just really bad with luck?

Perhaps bad luck , the last two months i got only one 6* clear , no parts no engine.
What is missing to me is the 5* tickets, am full of 4*&3* tickets and 2-3 6* a month wich are usually parts or engines .

It's almost always rigged, unless you're very lucky to have something very different.
It would only be rigged if there was a chance to get the other prizes. As what you win is decided before the ticket is awarded to you means it's not rigged by the definition of the word.

You're just bad on luck. Once you hit Collector Level 20, you have a 3% chance of getting one.

The last 2 I got from workouts were in May.

The answer is because PD/Kaz programmed it that way.

They could easily make it more lucrative and less infuriating for the player but why would they do that? How can they profit off of you when they're giving away cars all willy-nilly? They'd prefer that you use real money to purchase their in-game currency to purchase the cars. Stability fixes aren't free lol.

The somewhat ironic thing is that in earlier GT games, where you would have 4 options for a prize car after winning a championship, it was genuinely random.

We all exploited it of course, and made sure we pulled the memory card if we didn’t like the prize, but at least the chance to win something decent was there.

The current system is a little bit cruel. Give me bad prizes, that’s fine, but why pretend anything else was ever a possibility?

I remember when I used to get excited over getting a good engine or a invite but since you can now buy engines not any more. Now thankfully I'm at the point that the only reason I still even open any ticket stuff is cause I still need a Pagani and Lamborghini invite if not I wouldn't even bother opening any * ticket stuff.👍

I have the top prize of £1m credits twice in the last week from 6 star tickets but as others have said most often I get the lowest prize but I would say around 2 in 10 are one of the other prizes if I had to guess.

Back