Will running the game in 720p resolution give me better framerates?

• Thread starter oohhh yeah
  • 4 comments
oohhh8yeah
In display settings in the XMB, you can choos output resolution. GT6 has disappointed me greatly in terms of graphics. I want GT5 graphic! Plus there is frame rate drop. My question is, will running the game in 720p give me better frame rates than 1080p? What about 1080i?

Does it go like this, in terms of fastest frame rate to slowest?

1)720p
2)1080i
3)1080p

In display settings in the XMB, you can choos output resolution. GT6 has disappointed me greatly in terms of graphics. I want GT5 graphic! Plus there is frame rate drop. My question is, will running the game in 720p give me better frame rates than 1080p? What about 1080i?

1)720p
2)1080i
3)1080p

In theory yes but avoid 1080i as it is an interlaced image so motion will look blurry or you tv will convert it to progressive anyway and that will add extra input lag.

1)720p
2)1080i
3)1080p

720P has a noticeably better frame rate than 1080P. Try it and you'll see for yourself.

1)720p
2)1080i
3)1080p

I forced my PS3 to run 720 all the time. With GT5 & GT6 I've never had any graphic issues with stuff like screen tearing or whatever. Running at 720 I haven't come across any kind of the frame rate drops or anything like the problems that people have been reporting on hear and I run most of my races in cockpit mode.
I used to run 1080 with GT5 but got alot of little annoying graphical issues so I changed to 720 on the PS3 and never looked back.
I dare say, me personally haven't noticed any loss of graphic quality at all in any games especially GT5 & GT6 and I'm on a 50" HDMI TV.

I forced my PS3 to run 720 all the time. With GT5 & GT6 I've never had any graphic issues with stuff like screen tearing or whatever. Running at 720 I haven't come across any kind of the frame rate drops or anything like the problems that people have been reporting on hear and I run most of my races in cockpit mode.
I used to run 1080 with GT5 but got alot of little annoying graphical issues so I changed to 720 on the PS3 and never looked back.
I dare say, me personally haven't noticed any loss of graphic quality at all in any games especially GT5 & GT6 and I'm on a 50" HDMI TV.

I might try this because I play on a BenQ monitor and the frame rate is pretty noticeable at times.

Back