World Classic Car Challenge - Results Posted

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 422 comments
I have just updated XDesperado67's time and reviewed Theo777"s Isuzi,and will send you a FR in a couple of minutes.

Okay just posted the time and review of HaylRayzor's Alpine.👍👍

Great job everyone thanks to the Tuners for their good work and to the Test Drivers for their excellent driving and dedication.:cheers:

I have just updated XDesperado67's time and reviewed Theo777"s Isuzi,and will send you a FR in a couple of minutes.

Okay just posted the time and review of HaylRayzor's Alpine.👍👍

Great job everyone thanks to the Tuners for their good work and to the Test Drivers for their excellent driving and dedication.:cheers:

Where? I like hearing/reading about these different tunes, and the different ways people like to tune/drive. :)

Where? I like hearing/reading about these different tunes, and the different ways people like to tune/drive. :)
It's with the rest of my times/reviews here.👍👍

HaylRayzor also provides the link on the first page of this thread.:D

It's with the rest of my times/reviews here.👍👍

HaylRayzor also provides the link on the first page of this thread.:D

I took note of which page it's on now. Thanks. :)

Also, you and HaylRayzor did a great job, to get anywhere near those 1:20s. I didn't think it was really possible, so I didn't try, and I went for the mid 1:21s with high score for the "fun/driveability" factor.

Also, you and HaylRayzor did a great job, to get anywhere near those 1:20s. I didn't think it was really possible, so I didn't try, and I went for the mid 1:21s with high score for the "fun/driveability" factor.
This not only happens to be one of the tracks I find more enjoyable but also one of them that I drive better on. Add to that my being a fan of classic and oddball cars and its a great combination.:D

While I tested most of the cars entered prior to choosing my Mazda, the rough test tune I used didn't do most of them real justice as seen by the results of my testing on the actual entries. The Nissan 2000 GT-R that both you and Newdriver entered, in particular did much better than I expected from my early testing. If yours had a bit more grip on the faster sections or Newdrivers had a bit better rotation in the first sectors hairpins I could see the car easily getting into the 20s as well.:crazy:

This not only happens to be one of the tracks I find more enjoyable but also one of them that I drive better on. Add to that my being a fan of classic and oddball cars and its a great combination.:D

While I tested most of the cars entered prior to choosing my Mazda, the rough test tune I used didn't do most of them real justice as seen by the results of my testing on the actual entries. The Nissan 2000 GT-R that both you and Newdriver entered, in particular did much better than I expected from my early testing. If yours had a bit more grip on the faster sections or Newdrivers had a bit better rotation in the first sectors hairpins I could see the car easily getting into the 20s as well.:crazy:

But, there's only so much that you can do. Honestly, if I don't win this, I think I'll likely get close, and be honourable in defeat, knowing that the Mazda tune is stunning.

But, I didn't change too much on the GT-R, actually. The tune came together pretty quickly, pretty nicely.

I don't know how Desperado ran so quick in the bus. :lol:

In my pre-testing for this challenge I had the 240Z and the Skyline pegged as the 2 possible winners. Even my quick tunes were running high 20s. I did a little more tuning on the 240Z and ran a low 20 with it. It was the fastest thing I tested besides the A110. Still can't believe the Alpine went 1:19 :eek:

I could see the car easily getting into the 20s as well.:crazy:

Yeah I could see it getting into the 20s too. But that's probably because I did see both of the Skylines get into the 20s. :lol:

Last edited:
Meh. Desperado got maybe 3 tenths faster in my tune than I did. :) 👍

Therefore, I'm happy enough. May the best tuner win, and may everyone have fun. :)

MrMelancholy15
Meh. Desperado got maybe 3 tenths faster in my tune than I did. :) 👍

Therefore, I'm happy enough. May the best tuner win, and may everyone have fun. :)

I will give your car another run today maybe i didnt look well in your trany maybe :dopey: and also the car for Mr grado l8r when i got home after work and i will update my post good job MrMelancholy 👍 👍

Last edited:
@HaylRayzor the secret to my time with the bus is the same as for my times with all the cars. I drive with an automatic transmission!:crazy: Seriously though not having to worry about when I need/should be shifting for best performance from a cars power curve means I can focus more closely on trying to run smooth consistent lines. Just like when doing an acceleration test on Route X, the performance of the engine and drivetrain will be much more consistent with an automatic. You might get slightly faster times in the 0-60mph and 1/4 mile with a manual but they are likely to be a lot less consistent. Now obviously some cars power curves are more friendly to the way the game handles an automatic transmission than others, but with the cars entered here none of them are really bad unlike some of the muscle cars and supercars.:drool:

XDesperado67

I think if i mix the two tune togther it will be very good car and also should give it more PP to be 400pp iam looking for agreat Nissan2000GT-R classic car :dopey:

I think if i mix the two tune togther it will be very good car and also should give it more PP to be 400pp iam looking for agreat Nissan2000GT-R classic car :dopey:

Well, the high-speed stability was the problem with my tune, which results from the rear toe angle. This, I believe, is the difference in our setups, that made the biggest difference.

Yeah sorry I didn't make the deadline, I had a car I could've submitted but just didn't have time.

Testers, please let my know when you update your results. I am working on a spreadsheet of the results that I will post when all results are in.

Reminder: I am hosting MrGrado's Karmann Ghia, so FR me if I'm not already in your friends list.

So Far:
.............. Newdriver Melancholy Theo777 krenkme acsr421 Desperado Digital trackripper MrGrado
HaylRayzor 20.982.... 20.611..... 21.395.. 21.964.. 21.198.. 20.707.... 20.882.. 21.186... 21.908
GT916...... 23.095.... none....... 24.159... 23.584.. 22.365.. 23.319.... 23.068.. 23.845... none..
frenzal...... 21.642.... none....... 23.331... 22.466.. none.... 22.673.... 22.897.. none...... none..
macdog.... 21.788.... none....... none...... none..... 21.973.. none...... 21.944.. 22.027... none..
Newdriver. 21.756.... 22.512..... 22.695... 22.778.. 21.807.. 21.948.... 22.331.. 23.123... none
Desperado 21.657.... 21.476..... 21.812... 21.577.. 21.354.. 20.743.... 21.843.. 21.892... none..

Sending FR in about 3 hours or so. Should get another couple lots of tests done tonight.

Yeah sorry I didn't make the deadline, I had a car I could've submitted but just didn't have time.

If you place the car on share and/or post the tune I'll give it a test run.👍👍
May be to late for an official entry but can post it with HaylRayzor's as an Unofficial car.:D

I'll be taking a break from hosting for a bit. I'm going to test drive a couple of challenges. Give some others a chance to host.

Maybe I'll host one...I have some pretty good ideas too.
And good luck too all the tuners and remaining testers!

Maybe I'll host one...I have some pretty good ideas too.
And good luck too all the tuners and remaining testers!

I'm really liking the rally event that MCH is hosting at the moment. If I were to host another event it will be rally for sure.

I'm really liking the rally event that MCH is hosting at the moment. If I were to host another event it will be rally for sure.

I'll just wait for the next pavement challenge thank you.

The dirt physics in GT are atrocious.

Testers, please let my know when you update your results. I am working on a spreadsheet of the results that I will post when all results are in.

Reminder: I am hosting MrGrado's Karmann Ghia, so FR me if I'm not already in your friends list.

So Far:
.............. Newdriver Melancholy Theo777 krenkme acsr421 Desperado Digital trackripper MrGrado
HaylRayzor 20.982.... 20.611..... 21.395.. 21.964.. 21.198.. 20.707.... 20.882.. 21.186... 21.908
GT916...... 23.095.... none....... 24.159... 23.584.. 22.365.. 23.319.... 23.068.. 23.845... none..
frenzal...... 21.642.... none....... 23.331... 22.466.. none.... 22.673.... 22.897.. none...... none..
macdog.... 21.788.... none....... none...... none..... 21.973.. none...... 21.944.. 22.027... none..
Newdriver. 21.756.... 22.512..... 22.695... 22.778.. 21.807.. 21.948.... 22.331.. 23.123... none
Desperado 21.657.... 21.476..... 21.812... 21.577.. 21.354.. 20.743.... 21.843.. 21.892... none..

Man, I did terrible :crazy:

I don't know how they compare to other games but rally is still fun in GT5 and a change from what I usually race.

If I were to host another event it will be rally for sure.

I'm in. There are not enough good rally tunes on GTP. Plus, I am having a blast tuning rally cars right now. I can't wait to test drive and see what everyone comes up with. Two tuners have sent me PMs with their current best lap times and combined with mine, all three are right on top of each other. The PP system seems to be working really well for rally cars.

I'm in. There are not enough good rally tunes on GTP. Plus, I am having a blast tuning rally cars right now. I can't wait to test drive and see what everyone comes up with. Two tuners have sent me PMs with their current best lap times and combined with mine, all three are right on top of each other. The PP system seems to be working really well for rally cars.

I'm too. :) I tune my rally cars for Scandinavian flicks, though, so be warned. Also, there's actually a racing series, too, for tuning, not just a tuning series.

Rallymorten's W.M.A. World Rally Championship.

You can probably tell that I like rallying, and that I have some experience.

Back