WSCC LMP Championship - HEAVY DAMAGE - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 387 comments

For the official season starting september 27th what do you prefer?

• LIGHT DAMAGE

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • HEAVY DAMAGE

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's usually not custom to leave mid-race and considered a permanent resign.
Anyway I am trying the 908 on Monza with 700pp right now. It seems it gets a lot better.

I have not left. I will try again on Monza IF you all allow me to continue :)

of course you can continue :) we're gonna see in monza with 700PP, tomorrow I will update entries list and infos

goodnight for now :)

First of all I want to thank you guys all for the race, has been great driving!!

mods need to watch the start of this race and exclude a few drivers from your series as they can not drive and should not be on the track. if they are not removed you can give my spot to someone who don't care about getting wrecked three times on the pace lap and another couple punts on the first lap. there are many in this series alone that can tell you i drive clean and fast and will not race with noobs. good luck with your series and will await your answer

hi guys. Some of those hits were my fault. I'm no noob but also ain't that good driver. I play mostly for fun, as many here can prove I almost always finish my race (despite always finish last) and I do my best to keep my race clean. I resign from the series. I'll wait for my G27 get a lot of practice and maybe later I'll join again (if there are spots available) .See you all around and sorry for any inconvenience.

Joao71 resigned by pm to me. I'm sorry Joao hope to see you next time :)
I will watch the replay today and see what will be better to do in the pace lap
Pre-season races are there for testing pace lap too
:)

Sorry guys, my connection dropped, annoying really cause I wanted to pass gprili last lap again lol :)
Had a shocker first 6 laps, crashed about 3 times and hit posi as well, sorry bud! Then drove 20 nice consistent laps and then everyone disappeared from the track. FML. Better luck next race.

One thing though, could do with people spacing out a bit more on the pace lap, worse than white van drivers ;) lol jk. Oh and on the pace lap, does full speed start from the last corner or on the line?

I was thinking that people could do with spacing out more on the pace lap as I notice that people would break hard and then instantly have the person behind them, hit them in the back!

I agree that we must keep more distance between one and another in the pace lap. I liked tissimo's idea of going full speed only after the finishing line. So we can go for it.
DON'T WORRY MINDLESS, you'll have the chance to overtake me on last lap in Monza!!!
:D:D

Anyway I am trying the 908 on Monza with 700pp right now. It seems it gets a lot better.

Since probably we're going to have a stop for 2 weeks beacuse of the gt5 server maintenance on tuesdays :ouch::ouch::ouch:
I will try too the 908 and the R10 at 700PP in Monza to test them better and compare them to the others

WE CAN PREPARE A SHARED GOOGLE SPREADSHEET TO UPDATE IT WITH OUR TEST TIMES IN MONZA, DO YOU LIKE THE IDEA?

Here are the results: (updated in the main thread page under calendar - thanks tissimo for the picture)

picture.php

there's also available the PDF sheet of it :cool:

great spreadsheet gprili...
1. In my results there were only 11 cars like in the whole race.... gprili didnt show to my tv at all... he didnt show in qualifying too...

2.couldn't be better for the last ones, not to write DNF but +3 laps, +5 laps....

i was +3 laps by tissimo

great spreadsheet gprili...
1. In my results there were only 11 cars like in the whole race.... gprili didnt show to my tv at all... he didnt show in qualifying too...
2.couldn't be better for the last ones, not to write DNF but +3 laps, +5 laps....
i was +3 laps by tissimo

yes anastasis we could not see each other since I resetted the track for the qualify 👎 I'm sorry

next time I will count the laps behind of drivers that cannot arrive in the 3 minutes time limit 👍

At 700pp, the 908 will be fine. At 670 pp, the powerband on the 908 caused the pp to inflate quiet a bit because of its extremely broad powerband making peak power very low (540-550hp vs 580-610 of the others). With 700pp it should get the hp around where the rest of the cars are at. The R10 imo is a lost cause. It handles, brakes, and overall feels worse then all other LMP cars, and isn't going to be as fast as the others.

just testing the r10 compared to the gt-one at 700pp one monza, and with default setup, just below 700pp the gt-one is still a second faster:indiff:

At 700pp, the 908 will be fine. At 670 pp, the powerband on the 908 caused the pp to inflate quiet a bit because of its extremely broad powerband making peak power very low (540-550hp vs 580-610 of the others). With 700pp it should get the hp around where the rest of the cars are at. The R10 imo is a lost cause. It handles, brakes, and overall feels worse then all other LMP cars, and isn't going to be as fast as the others.

I'll do some testing for the R10 too, maybe we can switch the R10 with the Audi R8 Race Car '01 that is 700PP by default?

just testing the r10 compared to the gt-one at 700pp one monza, and with default setup, just below 700pp the gt-one is still a second faster:indiff:

maybe one second is manageable :crazy:

I'm about to get on and open a room and test all the cars I've got with their default setups at 700 PP at Monza, if anyone fancies joining me, then be my guest :)

Can i join Team Total? If im not wrong there is a empty place?

[Edit]: Or does 10pm mean 22:00 if it does in Finland clock is gonna be 24:00 i cant join.

Last edited:
Thanks Gippone for the help. Had a few spins but got the hang of the car towards the end, just needed more practice. Some people were being a bit daft on the warm up lap breaking hard etc but you cant have it all i spose

GT5
Monza 700PP LMP

Here are the times for the cars I tested, all done with TCS 1, automatic gearbox, max downforce (60 front, 85 rear), no setup work, online.

Speed 8 694hp 900kg - 1:31.380
BMW V12 764hp 900kg - 1:31.515
Pug 908 695hp 930kg - 1:33.061 (no turbo)
R10 763hp 925kg - 1:33.400 (med turbo)
GT-One 733hp 900kg - 1:30.961
Pescarolo C60 752hp 900kg - 1:32.248
R8 Oreca 744hp 950kg - 1:31.475

Haven't got the other Pescarolos unfortunately :) Did about 7 laps in each to try and get a feel for them and set a representative laptime

I suspect the diesel cars are so slow for me because I use an automatic gearbox, and they shift at the redline so you're never really using all the torque they produce, thus wasted PP! Could do with a manual tester as well or maybe a wheel user as well. If anyone wants to donate me their car setups I will happily try them out for comparisons/fairness! :)

Oh also, I'll post them in the spreadsheet when I can, not sure if I can do it on my iPod! EDIT: It worked on my iPod :)

Last edited:
GT5
Monza 700PP LMP

Here are the times for the cars I tested, all done with TCS 1, automatic gearbox, max downforce (60 front, 85 rear), no setup work, online.

Speed 8 694hp 900kg - 1:31.380
BMW V12 764hp 900kg - 1:31.515
Pug 908 695hp 930kg - 1:33.061 (no turbo)
R10 763hp 925kg - 1:33.400 (med turbo)
GT-One 733hp 900kg - 1:30.961
Pescarolo C60 752hp 900kg - 1:32.248
R8 Oreca 744hp 950kg - 1:31.475

Haven't got the other Pescarolos unfortunately :) Did about 7 laps in each to try and get a feel for them and set a representative laptime

I suspect the diesel cars are so slow for me because I use an automatic gearbox, and they shift at the redline so you're never really using all the torque they produce, thus wasted PP! Could do with a manual tester as well or maybe a wheel user as well. If anyone wants to donate me their car setups I will happily try them out for comparisons/fairness! :)

Oh also, I'll post them in the spreadsheet when I can, not sure if I can do it on my iPod! EDIT: It worked on my iPod :)

thanks a lot mindless, you're great!!
I will do some testing too :) and I always use manual gear so we'll see about the diesel cars 👍

Can i join Team Total? If im not wrong there is a empty place?

[Edit]: Or does 10pm mean 22:00 if it does in Finland clock is gonna be 24:00 i cant join.

I'm afraid Tzun that the start of the game for you will be indeed 24:00
because is 22:00 in UK, 23:00 in Rome (me :)) and you're one hour ahead so will be 24:00

FYI: AT 690 pp I think most all cars will be competitive.... Especially in longer races, some of the slower cars, noteably the R10 and LMR is competitive over distance because of tyre wear and fuel economy. When the R10 is maxed out it loses the fuel advantage that others can get by running a de-tuned lvl. 2 turbo while the r10 has to run the lvl 3 turbo to make 700pp and thus, to be competative on pace. I have found that the green courage pesca is the only one that is truly rubbish on everything (just like in real life).
PS as an Aside.... That's why HENRI ended up building the "hybrid" c60 pesca- the only car at lemans that year that had been updated to take advantage of an aero and engine loophole that allowed it to be head and shoulders above the Audis (and everyone else for that matter). It was a "hybrid" not cause of its propulsion system but rather because it was a car that was a mix of two specifications.

FYI: AT 690 pp I think most all cars will be competitive.... Especially in longer races, some of the slower cars, noteably the R10 and LMR is competitive over distance because of tyre wear and fuel economy. When the R10 is maxed out it loses the fuel advantage that others can get by running a de-tuned lvl. 2 turbo while the r10 has to run the lvl 3 turbo to make 700pp and thus, to be competative on pace. I have found that the green courage pesca is the only one that is truly rubbish on everything (just like in real life).
PS as an Aside.... That's why HENRI ended up building the "hybrid" c60 pesca- the only car at lemans that year that had been updated to take advantage of an aero and engine loophole that allowed it to be head and shoulders above the Audis (and everyone else for that matter). It was a "hybrid" not cause of its propulsion system but rather because it was a car that was a mix of two specifications.

I will test 690PP too and put the times in our spreadsheet 👍

there a funny thing:

GTPlanet in the maintenance article is saying:

September 6, 2011, 10:00-18:00 EST

Granturismo.com UK website is saying:

Start: 09/07/2011 17:00 GMT
Finish: 09/07/2011 23:00 GMT

so GTP is saying Sep 6th (our day for playing), Granturismo.com is saying Sep 7th..... ??????????????????

anyone has more informations???
:ouch:

Since we're not sure that the maintenace times are correct or maybe are referred to different countries, the second preseason race will be held on september 20th and the official 8 round season will commence on september 27th until november 15th (GTP calendar updated).

The first reason is to give us time to test correctly the cars until september 20th to find a good balance in PP.

Probably like Posimosh suggested the best way to go is 690PP,
I will let you know soon and keep you guys up to date :)

why????
according to gtplanet times, maintenance starts at 2:30 hours.
if not, why don't we race???

why????
according to gtplanet times, maintenance starts at 2:30 hours.
if not, why don't we race???

because maybe when we can play in europe our american friends cannot play in america... and maybe viceversa

in fact September 6, 2011, 10:00-18:00 EST means for our american drivers
15:00-23.00 UK TIME and usually the timeframe is not fully respected.

so to not have someone missing this races it's better to begin them when we're sure that everybody can be there :)

just done a bit of practice with gt one 690pp 1.33.182 is the best ive done so far. tires are gone by lap 10 softs just wondered how everyone else was getting on??:)

Back