WSCC LMP Championship - HEAVY DAMAGE - ***COMPLETED***

• Thread starter gippone
  • 387 comments

For the official season starting september 27th what do you prefer?

• LIGHT DAMAGE

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • HEAVY DAMAGE

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we still miss a few votes for the poll :) remember to vote guys

If it's not too late, and if I can be supplied with a car from WSCC (if you guys still do that) i'd love to join.

GTP: joshua1994
PSN: joshua1994
Car: Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06/Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10 (whichever can be supplied, if possible)

i am all for the damage being set to heavy, BUT we have one or two guys here that are clearly not ready for heavy damage and will affect everybody's race with heavy damage on just be ready to get mad and brake something over this.
i know there are a couple of aliens out there that can post really fast times with a DS3 i was one of them but without a wheel it is hard to hold your line and we can tell by watching your car if you have a wheel or not it is going to be a disaster with heavy damage as we had people being way to aggressive and now we are going to add heavy damage sounds like something that should be done is some kind of driving test before the field is set in stone if we are going to heavy damage 💡

Sorry to be gegging in, but in my honest opinion, having heavy dam. will actually make everyone drive alot more pre-cautious. Heck, if these people do drive like its a demolition derby, there also going to be ruining there own race. To me, light damage encourages the odd sneaky hit, as well you're race isn't over. Just my two cents tho.

If it's not too late, and if I can be supplied with a car from WSCC (if you guys still do that) i'd love to join.

GTP: joshua1994
PSN: joshua1994
Car: Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06/Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10 (whichever can be supplied, if possible)

Sorry to be gegging in, but in my honest opinion, having heavy dam. will actually make everyone drive alot more pre-cautious. Heck, if these people do drive like its a demolition derby, there also going to be ruining there own race. To me, light damage encourages the odd sneaky hit, as well you're race isn't over. Just my two cents tho.

can't send a car worth more than 1 million anymore and we had let's say a problem in the preseason races, i'm all for heavy damage

Ah you cant? I'll check the UCD tomorrow, if im having no luck, I guess I'll miss a few races.

Yes Joshua it's impossible now to gift cars that are worth more than 1M credits.
There are many seasonal events that can give you 500,000 credits every time like the ferrari event at la sarthe, you can win it without problem with a pumped to the max PP ferrari like the 458 italia and you can repeat the event (every time only less then 4 minutes) to gain money you need (you have to repeat it 8 times for the 4M car) :)

There are now free 2 Audi R10 and 1 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10, if you want a teammate you can choose the Peugeot. Let me know when you're ready 👍

The poll is over and we have 80% votes for Heavy Damage
so everyone be very careful tomorrow!! (me too :nervous:)

i dont know but in my oppinion, the bmw's looked way faster in bhp than the rest of the field.. it kinda looked impossible to get them in the straight lines. same for the gtOne i thnk.

i dont know but in my oppinion, the bmw's looked way faster in bhp than the rest of the field.. it kinda looked impossible to get them in the straight lines. same for the gtOne i thnk.

I think that the two BMWs guys are catchable but they are so good in driving that they don't make mistakes. That's the thing, in Monza I was following them but then I ended up in the sand and I lost contact sadly. Almost everyone made some mistakes here and then on the track. Tissimo and Dany_CL are very good and they don't make mistakes even when fighting among themselves.

babalulu

Bmw does have good top end like the gt-one but isn't the quickest car. I could easily be a few tenths faster in the bentley or audi r8.

Looking forward to the first race tomorrow.

bermudakid
Drive the BMW and tell me how she drives over long distances

My latest tune its awesome though.. Extremely stable. Full throttle out of parabolica with less then half tires @ 680hp/690pp.
Its how I managed the victory.. Dany got loose coming out of parabolica causing him to slow a bit and I got a run to the line.

I will add it to my spreadsheet tonight or tomorrow for the tunes thread as well as update my other tunes.

Personally, having driven the BMW in a league before (granted it had homoligated specs rather than pp) my feeling is that tyre wear and drive-ability are the biggest differentiators in LMP cars. It just so happens that, again, in my opinion, the LMR is among the kindest cars to its tyres. This is partially due to the nice, smooth power band and overall weight and weight distribution.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the characteristics cars fit the tracks differently. A car that is rubbish on one track may be golden on another. There are various other tricks and nuances that bring performance but between tuning and skill all things are more or less equal over a season races at different tracks.

One idea pertaining to performance balancing that I would like to throw out to the group is as follows... granted with heavy damage performance should level out a bit over the course of a season, in any case here it goes:
As a way of balancing the field perhaps we could...
a.) make the podium from the previous race start on medium race tyres.
b.)subtract 4 pp from each of the top half of the field from the previous race.
or
c.) some other derivative of selection (b.) using previous race finish placement combined with a subtraction of pp to balance the field. (hopefully in a way that isnt too hard to verify or administer)
Just food for thought so don't get mad at me.... I just want everyone to have fun, and its no fun coming in last every week... Holla back if you guys want to do this, if not, cool with me. cheers dudes, see u tomorrow!

One idea pertaining to performance balancing that I would like to throw out to the group is as follows... granted with heavy damage performance should level out a bit over the course of a season, in any case here it goes:
As a way of balancing the field perhaps we could...
a.) make the podium from the previous race start on medium race tyres.
b.)subtract 4 pp from each of the top half of the field from the previous race.
or
c.) some other derivative of selection (b.) using previous race finish placement combined with a subtraction of pp to balance the field. (hopefully in a way that isnt too hard to verify or administer)
Just food for thought so don't get mad at me.... I just want everyone to have fun, and its no fun coming in last every week... Holla back if you guys want to do this, if not, cool with me. cheers dudes, see u tomorrow!

nice thoughts for equaling the races but IMO we should keep it simple...

Scanny_Flick your pm inbox is full cannot send you messages

whats the best time in indy atm?

yesterday I tried a little with posiloan and I got a fastest lap of 1:20.296
but as race pace I think 1:21 or 1:22 would be better to preserve tyres since this track is eating tyres

I think i can join the race. Ill tell if i can.

If i join ill drive the Oreca Matmut Peugeot.

Sign me up for this, I'll be driving the Bentley Speed 8 👍

Im joining! What time the lobby is open, GMT +2? But i think ill race only 1 or 2 races.

Im joining! What time the lobby is open, GMT +2?

the room will open at 09:30pm LONDON TIME, 10:30pm ROME TIME
you're in Finland right? so for you will be 11:30pm and qualify will start at midnight for you :)

I'm signing you up with the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut '10 👍

I'll be there :) although I haven't had any practice as of yet as it's my first week back at uni this week, might be irrelevant if my connection fails again lol. I'll try and arrive earlier this time.

Great! :) I think will be a close race

let me know as soon as you can :)

The Bentleys are already taken both :ouch: the only other car free is the Audi R10

I'll buy one tonight and get testing 👍

Gippone, If you want I was about to start a room... or are you going to? In any case if anyone else wants to practice send me a message on psn: posiloan... Looking forward to today!!!

Gippone, If you want I was about to start a room... or are you going to? In any case if anyone else wants to practice send me a message on psn: posiloan... Looking forward to today!!!

now I'm going to have dinner :D I'll see you guys all in a few hours

cool... I just started a room to fool around in, and to dial things in (mainly to ensure that I don't have F1 2011 on the brain) ... anyhoo... here goes:
1472-6118-3615-5260-0718

Sorry for the quit but i lost my internet connection. Im not sure do i join Suzuka or not.

Back