WTCC *Checking For Interest*

• Thread starter Benedict
  • 36 comments
This is a series that was previously ran before by Allianz but didnt really get off the ground, but has the potential to be a fantastic series. Basically there will be 3 different car classes, which are JGTC GT500, JGTC GT300 & DTM. There will be 5 different leaderboards, which are:

1. Overall (All Drivers)
2. Super Touring (JGTC GT500 & JGTC GT300)
3. JGTC GT500
4. JGTC GT300
5. DTM

Rules: You will run the races in Arcade Mode Single Race NOT time trial, you will race against other AI cars, as this adds to real element of racing others. The difficulty setting of the AI is completely up to you, remember to get your race time off the race result screen as that is the time needed for the race.

Other than all that its your standard OLR rules, no wall riding, no grass cutting, no cheating etc.

You will run the cars STOCK, no tune up or wight reduction allowed, top speed can be adjusted, TCS ASM and Tyres are up to you. There will be no tyre wear, and races will be 20 laps long.

The cars that will be available are listed below.

DTM CLASS:
Opel Calibra Touring Car 94:
Opel Astra Touring Car 00:
Audi A4 Touring Car 04:
ABT Audi TT-R Touring Car 02:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car 01:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car (NTSC):
Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evo 2 Touring Car 92:
Mercedes CLK Touring Car 00:
2000 Ford Falcon XR8: Jetboys247 & Delfino

JGTC GT500 CLASS:
AU Cerumo Supra 01:
Castrol Toms Supra 01:
Denso Sard Supra GT 00:
Esso Ultraflo Supra 01:
Woodone Toms Supra 03:
Arta NSX 00:
Loctite Mugen NSX 01:
Takata Dome NSX 03:
Calsonic Skyline 00:
Loctite Zexel GTR 00:
Pennzoil Zexel GTR 01:
Motul Pitwork Z 04: Benedict
Xanavi Nismo GTR 03:
Falken*GTR Race Car 04:

JGTC GT300 CLASS
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S 00:
Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza 03:
ASL Arta Garaiya 03:
RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 04:
WedsSport Celica:

Although this thread is only an interest check, you may also reserve your car as well. No more than 2 drivers to a car. There are 55 available drives, more if you point out missing cars, so plenty of choice. The calender is still to be confirmed. My thanks goes to Allianz for letting me organise this as this was his baby and all the rules posted above are all from him. This has the potential to be one of the largest series going, and there are some opportunites to drive some very nice cars here. Please feel free to post here and show your interest, and choose your car! Thanks guys.

Sounds good. 👍 But should the WedsSport Celica be in the GT300 as well? It would at least add an extra car if need be. 💡 ;)

Yeah sure, everyone feel free to point out cars not in the list that could be. This is a list taken from Allianz previous series a while ago, but I can add them. Is this the car you want Tom?

Ooh....I like the Falcon Already. I'll keep tuned in if other stuff doesn't get in my way. :D

Cheers,
Jetboy

Rules: You will run the races in Arcade Mode Single Race NOT time trial, you will race against other AI cars, as this adds to real element of racing others. The difficulty setting of the AI is completely up to you, remember to get your race time off the race result screen as that is the time needed for the race.

Other than all that its your standard OLR rules, no wall riding, no grass cutting, no cheating etc.

You will run the cars STOCK, no tune up or wight reduction allowed, top speed can be adjusted, TCS ASM and Tyres are up to you. There will be no tyre wear, and races will be 20 laps long.

Just a few points that may make this a great series.

Arcade/single race 👍
Car list 👍

AI=real element of racing? ONLY if you set the AI to at least +9 or +10. Anything else, and they are just mobile chicanes or rolling road-blocks and are completely useless!

Stock power/weight = completely open to cheating.👎 (Not that I'm saying that the regular's would cheat, but newbie's might)
You need to set it to +10 & -10 to be sure, or be asking for replays from any suspicious times. The honour system only works when you can trust everyone (as in the JGTC)

Free choice on tyres + no tyre-wear = everyone runs RSS = boring, no strategy needed. One or two 20 lap blasts, race over!

As I said, these are just pointers that may help you shape this into a great series! 👍

Neil

Yeah I absolutely agree with most of the points youve made! I did kind of just copy and paste the rules Allianz posted. I agree running the cars stock does mean cheating could happen so this can be changed.

Problem with running the races in time trial, there isnt a way to properly access the correct finish time after 20 laps without having to write down and then add up each lap time. By doing it in race mode, you definitely prove youve done 20 laps, and Im sure any competant driver can deal with AI cars reasonably well. You can always keep trying until you get a clean run as well.

But totally agree on choosing tyre wear and tyre choice to suit themselves.

Thanks for the points Neil, much appreciated mate!

Benedict
Problem with running the races in time trial, there isnt a way to properly access the correct finish time after 20 laps without having to write down and then add up each lap time.
Bollocks. You can do perfectly fine after finishing the 20th lap, exit, and then save the replay. It's worked every time, and the times are identical. We prooved this more than a few times in past series. Just a heads up.

Cheers,
Jetboy

I' m interested .. will run in one class only .. and agree with Balls comments

Yeah I absolutely agree with most of the points youve made! I did kind of just copy and paste the rules Allianz posted. I agree running the cars stock does mean cheating could happen so this can be changed.

Problem with running the races in time trial, there isnt a way to properly access the correct finish time after 20 laps without having to write down and then add up each lap time. By doing it in race mode, you definitely prove youve done 20 laps, and Im sure any competant driver can deal with AI cars reasonably well. You can always keep trying until you get a clean run as well.

But totally agree on choosing tyre wear and tyre choice to suit themselves.

Thanks for the points Neil, much appreciated mate!

OK,

Let's clarify some points here!

Race mode
Time trial works, but to be honest, not as well as single race.
For the following reasons:
1)There is NO tyre wear in time trail, not even the option to turn it on.
2)There are NO AI in time trial. Therefore you ain't getting the 'real racing effect' you are after.
3)There is also no fuel usage in time trail
4)It's basically just stringing a bunch of 'hot-laps' together, which is still a challenge, but when all is said and done is boring.

Here's how it works.
You set off, the clock stays on zero till you cross the line. You then do 20 laps, as you cross the line and the lap counter ticks over to 21, you press start and exit the session.
Then you go to 'save replay' NOT 'save best lap', and the time displayed in the box at the top is your total time for 20 'hot-laps'
No working out to do, no fuss, no muss!
Any times significantly different from the rest, and the lap count isn't correct. Simple!

Basically, single race good, time trial bad!

Oh ok, havent seen it myself thats all. Ok we will do it with time trial, as long as it works.

See above!:)

Tyres
YOU will need to set tyre-wear to 'strong', otherwise guys like me will be able to do 20 laps on mediums easy! Save the 35-45 seconds needed for a pit-stop, and win each week.
(At the minute, I am doing 15-17 laps of midfield raceway, on hard fronts in the JGTC. And the tyre wear is set to strong! If it was set to mild, I'd be doing 20 laps on mediums easy! As I said.)
Then, the racers can choose which tyres and pit strategy to use.
10 laps + 10 laps on mediums for both,
12 laps + 8 laps Mediums then softs,
or what ever floats their boat.

Bollocks. You can do perfectly fine after finishing the 20th lap, exit, and then save the replay. It's worked every time, and the times are identical. We prooved this more than a few times in past series. Just a heads up.

Cheers,
Jetboy

I think my way of explaining it, works better.
And it's a little less confrontational. :)

Neil

I think my way of explaining it, works better.
And it's a little less confrontational. :)

Neil
Well, didn't mean to sound arrogant or the like...just saying. :) And true, you do seem to spell it out a little better. I'm just working with limited internet time at the moment at school.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Yeah great points here, and all these will be ironed out and implemented soon. Just focusing on getting the members for now. So come on guys, feel free to choose your car! :sly:

I'll do some testing later on tonight, and make my choice.

This'll make for some light relief from the JGTC, which is gonna be some hard graft for the next few weeks, that is if Andy and I want to win the Championship.

Neil

As an Aussie .. i'll be racing Glen Setons { hes the guy who raced this car in RL } 2000 Ford Falcon XR8

Sounds interesting 👍

Arcade/Time trial is cool for qualify 👍
Arade/Single race is cool for the race 👍
Tyre wear to strong - that's right 👍
Car list - great in JGTC 500 & JGTC 300, but how does
-Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evo 2 Touring Car 92:
-Opel Calibra Touring Car 94:
-2000 Ford Falcon XR8
will deal with modern DTM class - it's a big question. I think they are're NOT from this class.

Some things to mention:

1) AI setting should be free - that's my opinion. We drive cars in different styles, so what is good for one is bad for others.

2) Please post tracks where season races will be held.

3) Settings at (-10) and (+10) can avoid us from cheating, but you should waste cars I mentioned above to keep cars in one class still equal.

I dont see a big problem with the 3 cars mentioned at all. Basically if you dont like them, dont pick them :sly:

As for the calender these are the tracks we will probably use. In no particular order.

Tsukuba Circuit
Infineon Raceway Stock Car Course
Midfield Raceway
Autumn Ring
Cote d Azur
Fuji Speedway 2005 GT
Laguna Seca Raceway
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
Grand Valley Speedway
George V Paris
Suzuka Circuit
Nurburgring Nordschleife

I dont see a big problem with the 3 cars mentioned at all. Basically if you dont like them, dont pick them :sly:

As for the calender these are the tracks we will probably use. In no particular order.

Tsukuba Circuit
Infineon Raceway Stock Car Course
Midfield Raceway
Autumn Ring
Cote d Azur
Fuji Speedway 2005 GT
Laguna Seca Raceway
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
Grand Valley Speedway
George V Paris
Suzuka Circuit
Nurburgring Nordschleife

Thanks for calendar 👍

About cars: I simply mean that if you will decide to run with weight (-10), power (+10) (that can help to avoid cheating) all the cars will be still equal (because they are equal from the very begining), exept those three.

Mercedes and Opel will be too weak while Falcon will have too much HP. So it lookes like this: Equal cars with no cheating, or all the cars you've posted, but it can't be done with (-10)/(+10). So just think about it.

Thanks for calendar 👍

About cars: I simply mean that if you will decide to run with weight (-10), power (+10) (that can help to avoid cheating) all the cars will be still equal (because they are equal from the very begining), exept those three.

Mercedes and Opel will be too weak while Falcon will have too much HP. So it lookes like this: Equal cars with no cheating, or all the cars you've posted, but it can't be done with (-10)/(+10). So just think about it.

Agree with Charger .. the Ford does have great HP .. which is why after some testing i chose it .. if it gets banned , even though the Pitwork is an old favourite , i'll be racing the Xanavi Nismo GTR [ the Supra's are more fun to drive but the Xanavi Nismo will get better results .. for me anyway ]

"looks around" I'll take the Takata Dome NSX.

btw, you forgot the C-West RAZO Silvia, the Alfa Romeo 155 Touring Car, and the Pennzoil Nismo GTR.

Ok I am finding this quite difficult to keep going now. As you can see there is a definite lack of interest, and people keep coming up with more and more ideas on how this should be run. I will only run it if people REALLY REALLY want it, or someone else can take it over which I would gladly agree to.

Ok I am finding this quite difficult to keep going now. As you can see there is a definite lack of interest, and people keep coming up with more and more ideas on how this should be run. I will only run it if people REALLY REALLY want it, or someone else can take it over which I would gladly agree to.
I believe they are just trying to steer you in the right direction. I've had people do that to me and their advice has improved my series. if you like, I'll try to invite people to your series to spark some interest. but if you no longer have interest in running it, I'll do it then. I won't mind taking some tips from anyone, just as long as its reasonable and is relevent to the series.

ATTENTION

Since there has been no response regarding the direction of the series, I will be taking over. I will handle The upcoming rounds and Rounds results as well as deal out the penalties. I will also choose a assistant who will handle the Points table for manufacterers and Drivers Championships and will also be on duty for handing out penalties. before the series starts, we must confirm participants. if you are participating, then post your entry. you can have up to three entries for GT500, GT300, and DTM. also look out for a post with a revised Car list as well as Sponsors and numbers.

I'd race this series { all rounds } if it starts after the GTPLMS finishes .
by then, interest could be lost. and when you take into consideration the rather chaotic scheduling that I will also be taking part of, that would be five months. "sigh" just like my own series, this one looks to be crashing and burning. ironically, this, along with the partipants leaving, seems to happen just as the second season of GTPLMS comes along.

Like i said .. ill still be interested in 21 weeks time .. format your series so that it will keep the interest of others , esp' Shotgun and Balls and im sure it will be a success .

Like i said .. ill still be interested in 21 weeks time .. format your series so that it will keep the interest of others , esp' Shotgun and Balls and im sure it will be a success .
if you say so, I will then. at least 5 months down the road, School won't be in the way.

I like this series very much, but there's GTPLMS that is ready to start. Most of the active'n'fast drivers are busy now for some month. But anyway this sounds cool. So I can say that:
- I'd like to run this but now there's no time for this championship
- I can help in correct threads, rules, car-setups creating
- calculating points and leaderboards creating
So if RACECAR will start this I can help this way even if I wouldn't start racing myself.

Back