Your go to car for hot lapping and having fun??!

• Thread starter TypeRDC5
  • 48 comments
United Kingdom
Silverstone
So I'm wondering what car you guys use as your go to car to just hot lap and have fun.

There always one car that between it's handling, engine sound and looks I find myself coming back to for pure fun and enjoyment instead of picking the "best" car like I do for racing.

For me it's the Ferrari F40, I can't get enough of it, sticking with Sports Soft tyres it's a nice challenge to try and tame this beast, I also love the cockpit view on this car oh and did I mention the sound this beast makes :) Always my go to car for hot lapping and generally driving around when not racing.

What is yours?

For normal street cars, it would have to be the Mazda Miata. It’s a very pleasant and rewarding car to drive once you know how to maximize it’s potential.

My track day car is a silver Mazda RX-7 with a bunch of stickers on it. The car is a blast with TCS off, and the engine sound is great.

The Shelby Cobra is my number one choice for classic muscle. In my opinion, it has the best engine sound in the entire game. My only gripes are the high price tag and that the stock 4-speed transmission won’t let the car past ~140 MPH, even though it still has more power. I’ve managed to hit 205 MPH just by increasing the top speed on the racing transmission upgrade! Anyway, the car is phenomenal and a true sensory experience while driving. Don’t forget to shut off TCS and ABS along with any other assist for even more fun. You won’t be disappointed by this car. :)

Finally, the Ford GT is my favorite exotic in real life and in-game. The handling is very refined and you don’t have to worry about oversteering. The car will keep it’s composure unless you want to go crazy; You can’t say the same thing about some other exotics, that’s for sure.

My favourites is;

Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car. I'm always attracted to the 4WD cars, having mostly used Impreza's, Evo's and GT-R's in previous games. The Lancer Evolution Final Edition 2015 and GT-R Premium Edition 2017 in this game didn't seem as good as in previous games. :( I think I have done nearly 2k virtual miles in the Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car. You can get extra credits by racing this (N500) car against the (Gr.B) cars too. ;) You can also flit between road and rallying with the same car.

The cars I've been most surprised by, and really enjoy driving, have been these;

911 GT3 RS 2016. I liked the look of the RUF 'Porsches' of the previous games, but for me they never seemed to drive too well. The Porsches in this game are a lot better imho, including the Cayman GT4 Clubsport 2016. Having finally got the Porsche licence I expected more actual cars, :( :rolleyes:

M6 GT3 (Either version) I've stayed away from the larger BMW's in previous games because they didn't seem to be as fast as they should have been in real life. :confused: They always seemed dull and heavy. :( These being race versions are very quick and stable. :)

Right now it's the McLaren F1, super fast but handles great and I LOVE the centered cockpit setup. Just a blast to drive.

Screenshot_2018-01-29-22-18-20.jpg

Gr.3 911 RSR, Gr.4 Huracan thus far. I've also spent a lot of time in NSXs (even though it isn't the NSX I wanted in GT Sport).

M6 GT3 (Either version) I've stayed away from the larger BMW's in previous games because they didn't seem to be as fast as they should have been in real life. :confused: They always seemed dull and heavy. :( These being race versions are very quick and stable. :)
BMW M5 from previois games says hi :lol:

Mine is the McLaren 650S Gr. 3. Most stable car in its class, and a great car for learning tracks :)
It's also a bit competitive now in sport mode as well

F40 no question!
Upgraded the power, lower weight, super softs and no TCS.

I can’t handle the beast with no TCS, have to leave it on 1, I’m a pad user and still use x and square. Still hard to tame even on 1 but so much fun to drive.

I love racing the M6 and 919 on the Nordschleife. I had never raced on Nordschleife before..but the gold track challenge made me fall in love with it. Now I hotlap the green hell every day using different cars in Gt sport, Assetto corsa and Project cars 2.

In VR The 330 P4, I still haven't had time to explore every track in it yet, I don't think I will ever get bored of looking out over those curvy wings.
It's a shame really, because I've barely given the other cars a look in.

I like very small cars, cars that can frustrate me, cars like the x-bow. To be more precise, very light cars with downforce intrigue me. They seem to be efficient, which is a concept that I like. The same goes for turbochargers, they are theoretically more thermodynamically efficient then naturally aspirated. The x-bow had a turbo, not to large of an engine, downforce and weighs something like 790kg.
Furthermore the Honda 2&4 concept is great and very technical circuits in a maxed out tuned gr.b car.

i enjoy the 4C for Gr.3 and the Cayman Gr.4. Hardly ever use them due to lack of competitiveness but the 4C is making a comeback.. lol.

I'm enjoying the new Diablo. My all time favourite car was a great surprise to be included in the game, so I'm trying to get a good handle on it now. But I guess with it essentially as a race car, it doesn't seem to want to kill you as much as other diablo models. Before that I was using the F40 and Countach a lot.

At first I really hated the F40 and couldn't drive it with all the understeer, but trail braking really brought that one back to life. A real joy to drive.

Currently the Diablo, 512, and the NSX Gr. 4. Can’t wait to get my hands on the Cobra, F1 and Countach. And the 20mil Jag for that matter...Maybe next year.

Toyota Gt86 GRMN and Nurburgring Nordschleife.
Also F40 is fun. No upgraded power and no TCS ever on any car.
R32 with stock settings is great too.

For The Nordschleife I have 2 cars:

1967 Ferrari 330 P4: The V12 sounds terrific and is high revving. Very fun to drive. Grips like a Le Mans racer but slides like how a car from the 60's would.
1962 Volkswagen SambaBus Type 2 (T1): Its fun for me at least (I'm a VW nut) I enjoy revving the hell out of the flat 4 trying to keep its momentum going up a hill. Then When it comes to downhill sections, I can top out at 84 MPH! It feels so satisfying to drive fast in SLOW cars.

I can’t handle the beast with no TCS, have to leave it on 1, I’m a pad user and still use x and square. Still hard to tame even on 1 but so much fun to drive.

I’m on a pad too, but no way on earth is it possible to be really fast using x and square, it’s far too binary. You should really look to switching to L1,R1 asap

Most of the road cars in GTS have a dreadful understeer balance... just kills most of the enjoyment for me.

I struggle to see how anyone can enjoy driving the F40 for example. In GT6, this was a joyous car to drive, with loads of entry/mid corner rotation. In GTS, it just plows a straight line. The 458 is another one - in GT6, it was fabulous on comfort tyres, in GTS it's an understeering mess.

Most of the road cars feel like this... you can't load the front tyres enough to create any rotation (at least you can't on SH or lower). At least it's not like AC, where pretty much every single car has a horrible understeer balance. There are some cars that feel nice in GTS - RX7, GT3RS and X Bow are all pretty decent. No weight/power changes, max SH tyres, with rear toe/LSD decel removed all feel pretty nice.

Latest Posts

Back