YouTuber claims he’s gonna ban another driver in sport mode.

United States
United States
So I was driving in daily race B last night on an alternate account. I’m B DR S SR.. mostly in this lobby there was A,A+ and B DR drivers. (Red Bull Ring GR4) I see in last place is a YouTuber who is an A+ DR A SR with no qualifying time.. clearly he’s stating that he’s creating content- last to 1st. I’m in like 8th slot.. after the race the A+ in last and B in 15th start sending nasty messages at each other. Next race, same line up, next race same line up.. now these 2 guys are really chirping at each other.. the YouTuber says “Enjoy your Ban”.. now I’m intrigued. I go back and watch the replays… it’s true the B DR guy definitely definitely runs the A+ guy off the track multiple times.. but the A+ driver is dive bombing at each and every corner.. he’s never gonna make any of those apexes… So anyways I’m just curious. Are there bans, how would one go about getting someone banned and do you get to defend yourself if someone attempts to ban you?

So I was driving in daily race B last night on an alternate account. I’m B DR S SR.. mostly in this lobby there was A,A+ and B DR drivers. (Red Bull Ring GR4) I see in last place is a YouTuber who is an A+ DR A SR with no qualifying time.. clearly he’s stating that he’s creating content- last to 1st. I’m in like 8th slot.. after the race the A+ in last and B in 15th start sending nasty messages at each other. Next race, same line up, next race same line up.. now these 2 guys are really chirping at each other.. the YouTuber says “Enjoy your Ban”.. now I’m intrigued. I go back and watch the replays… it’s true the B DR guy definitely definitely runs the A+ guy off the track multiple times.. but the A+ driver is dive bombing at each and every corner.. he’s never gonna make any of those apexes… So anyways I’m just curious. Are there bans, how would one go about getting someone banned and do you get to defend yourself if someone attempts to ban you?
It's the emptiest of all threats. Nobody in the entire history of Gran Turismo multiplayer has been banned, even if they drive like absolute tossers.

Coming from two decades worth of online gaming experience... it's just a game.
I've gotten into some arguments with members here. I'll still talk to them all day...except about whatever it is I don't agree with them on.
Ages ago when I played Command & Conquer online if someone showed up whom I knew cheated, I'd boot them from my games. If they were randomly assigned to me, I'd evaluate whether I could overcome their cheats and win or not, if so, I'd send them packing with formal complaints, if not, I'd quit. I was very good at those games (top 25 worldwide) and could afford to lose the ladder points until Westwood or Strike Team caught and banned them. Even in non ranked games, I'd boot people for cheating or bad sportsmanship.
I've seen people earn Guinness Book world records with rigged footage of their gameplay experiences. One of the most famous ones got caught (in a racing game no less) when the programmer said the listed time was impossible because there wasn't a frame that showed it (Dragster skips numbers on its race clock due to frame rate limitations). That person had several dozen record titles stripped.
That's how I would (or will) handle it with GT7. I'm nowhere even close to "good" at this game, I'm just looking to collect as many cars as possible and gold as many events as I can.
Unfortunately cheating and bad sportsmanship are part of any game. Against AI, it probably doesn't matter. Online, though, you gotta play above reproach and be kind to people.

Welcome to the internet: people sending empty threats from the safety of their mom's basement and armchair commandos who are just talkers.

The manufactured drama is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Best thing you can do? Just leave the lobby without saying anything and move on with your life.

Nobody in the entire history of Gran Turismo multiplayer has been banned, even if they drive like absolute tossers.
I don't think that is true. I remember a top split FIA race where one player got really mad and started spinning the car and driving around the track backwards. As they were creating a video for YouTube of the race, PD were not happy and banned him, if I recall correctly.

It's the emptiest of all threats. Nobody in the entire history of Gran Turismo multiplayer has been banned, even if they drive like absolute tossers.

That's not true. One player got banned by PD after some YT videos exposing him.

So although this YTber, or any other YTber or player, doesn't have access to any ban button, you can get banned if they expose you. And that's why people send those messages in the chat, to strike fear to be the next exposed guy, as this is currently or best tool against dirty drivers.

In fact, I won't doubt that OP is the dirty driver in question that is afraid that he may be actually banned and came here to check if it's possible or not, to decide if he will settle down or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that is true. I remember a top split FIA race where one player got really mad and started spinning the car and driving around the track backwards. As they were creating a video for YouTube of the race, PD were not happy and banned him, if I recall correctly.
That's not true. One player got banned by PD after some YT videos exposing him.
I also heard those rumours, but I have never seen anything to corroborate it.

Edit: In fact I've found evidence that might contradict the latter one; the chatter that his Americas account had been banned took place last December, and there's video of him racing on that account in January... It could be that the video is of an older race but I'd need to check what the Dailies were at the time.

So although this YTber, or any other YTber or player, doesn't have access to any ban button, you can get banned if they expose you.
Again, there is absolutely no evidence of this - and about four years of evidence it does nothing give the number of YT videos about the driver you named (and don't do that again) with zero consequences.
In fact, I won't doubt that OP is the dirty driver in question that is afraid that he may be actually banned and came here to check if it's possible or not, to decide if he will settle down or not.
That seems unnecessary.

Last edited:

I can provide an opinion if you let us know the accounts involved here 💁‍♂️

Can you speak to PD? If not then it's unlikely a YouTuber knows how to either. The only people who have a direct contact are current and ex world tour drivers. Even then it's not certain they would ban a player. @Tidgney has said he has or would report drivers to PD. He would have the contacts but of course we do not know if PD did anything if he ever has reported. The only bans I have heard of came from FIA multiple accounts which are slightly easier to report.

There was one I know I did that was banned (I can DM you if you like 👀).
Can you speak to PD? If not then it's unlikely a YouTuber knows how to either. The only people who have a direct contact are current and ex world tour drivers. Even then it's not certain they would ban a player. @Tidgney has said he has or would report drivers to PD. He would have the contacts but of course we do not know if PD did anything if he ever has reported. The only bans I have heard of came from FIA multiple accounts which are slightly easier to report.
I've only ever reported 1 driver. To be honest I'd only ever report somebody if they were a potential brand threat (The one I did was) to one of their livestreams. Especially with the contact I used. Not 100% sure that makes sense, but lets say someone starts punting everyone on a livestream, or a race that is being recorded for them, then it could impact them? The punt I reported was so obvious and intended and I used their own footage as well.

Even if someone is purposeful punting there's always additional things that could be at work.. while it's not acceptable what happened in their previous race? or previous, previous race? Is that the reason and we haven't seen it? I doubt PD want to ban anyone and I'd argue it would have to be absolutely intentional for there to be a case. But I'm not apart of PD and I don't know their philosphy on it so I don't speak for PD. All I know is as I say I've reported 1 driver and I know they got banned because they said they got banned and then they went to another game. I've been purposeful punted many times but I still wouldn't report them I just try and avoid them.

Edit: There's no way PD would ban a player from youtube videos alone.

Edit 2: Sorry I just remembered actually, what I said above I know of 1 other player that was banned (Not from me reporting) in that same scenario that could have impacted livestreams/broadcasts. So there's 2 I know of.

Last edited:
Sorry I just remembered actually, what I said above I know of 1 other player that was banned (Not from me reporting) in that same scenario that could have impacted livestreams/broadcasts. So there's 2 I know of.
Given PD's reaction to Andrew Brooks downing tools off screen (but on radar!) I can imagine that Making Livestreams Look Bad is definitely a bannable offence - separate from driving like a ****heel :lol:
Edit: There's no way PD would ban a player from youtube videos alone.
Indeed - or from the in-game Report function in Sport (is it still in 7? I've done about eight races I think and don't remember) as that goes to PlayStation's moderation team.

I've seen people earn Guinness Book world records with rigged footage of their gameplay experiences. One of the most famous ones got caught (in a racing game no less) when the programmer said the listed time was impossible because there wasn't a frame that showed it (Dragster skips numbers on its race clock due to frame rate limitations). That person had several dozen record titles stripped.
Never expected to read about Tod Todgers here :lol:

Latest Posts

Back