GTA: San Andreas Record Book - PS2 on GTPlanet.net
2X and 4X Draw Distance Mods

Gamesaves

GTA San Andreas Version 1

Critical Saves Package
GTASA Critical Save Package by Orion_SR
Contents
1. GTASAsf1.b - In the Beginning
2. GTASAsf2.b - Dirt Track (Ultimate Beginning Save)
3. GTASAsf3.b - The Green Sabre
4. GTASAsf4.b - Are You Going to San Fierro
5. GTASAsf5.b - Yay Ka-Boom-Boom
6. GTASAsf6.b - Learning to Fly
7. GTASAsf7.b - Home in the Hills
8. GTASAsf8.b - End of the Line - Skinny
9. GTASAsf9.b - End of the Line - 100% Turfs*
Mission Saves Package
Includes many, but not all of the in-between saves of the critical save package. This archive is poorly documented, but it should be possible to find a gamesave close to any mission in the game.

No Cheats or Trainers were used to make these gamesaves.
The Ammu-Nation Glitch was used for cheap ammo.
4X Draw Distance was the only Mod used while playing.
Many Bulletproof cars were collected.

Working Version 2 100% Gamesave
(check attachments below)

I haven't tested this gamesave myself, but people having problems finding a 100% save for version 2 have reported this file to work when other saves have not. The stat page is linked below.

End of Record Book

Feel free to post in this topic if you are interested. I think I have enough messages reserved to put each event in it's own post and make a index to the events.

Attachments

• GTASAv2Complete.zip
    65 KB · Views: 128
  • stats.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 44
Brilliant Topic Orion - great to see a lot of time and effort put in, I really appreciate it as it's far easier to read! I will see about adding some more records - and I'll do that N.O.E. thing again.

:)

Well then I guess we're all here :cheers:

And regarding the subtitle thing on N.O.E. I just noticed that while completing it for someone else, - it's just to remove all doubt on when to make the shot (it might work on other mission related records as well).

Sample:

Glad to see everyone made the transition to GTPlanet.net. I've updated the index links so they should now work for people without 20 message per page. Please let me know if you find broken links; I had to edit most of them by hand so errors are likely. However, I could not find a way to form the link so it wouldn't open a new browser.

Posting the thumbnails (imageshack thumbnail for forums 1) here makes updating the records much easier. All I need to do is cut and paste the image. I had to reparse everything posted as direct links.

The basic format of the Record Book should be complete. I hope I have enough messages reserved. We should post some rules so others can join in the fun. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking we should refer most statistical records to the PS2 Record Book unless there is some reason to post it here. However, there is currently a small debate about including our PC records in the PS2 book. I'll let them decide, but it doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

Would you two mind posting a dummy message that I can experiment with? I would like to test some of the administrative options for managing the topic.

Nevermind, I have options I'm not allowed to use. Eventually we may need to get support from the administrators of the board if we want to do any maintenance.

Hey guys, I managed to almost re-enact my N.O.E. time - I suppose it makes up for the discrepancy - don't think I can make any more time with my current route. I've obviously changed it to make it more direct than the video I posted on Gfaqs a while back.

Here's the screenshot: N.O.E. 3:13

Please put this one in instead of the 3:12 time.

I also thought I should post a time for 8 track. I couldn't quite match my original which was a second quicker overall, but I'm pretty pleased with the result:

Best Lap 0:21

Overall Time 4:32 (a different time to my best lap, but I did do a 0:21 in this race too, it just doesn't show up due to not being a "NEW best time!"

New Model Army:

3:06 GTA_Phreak

Unfortunately the timer goes away just before Zero says ha ha ha on this one, so this is as close as it gets.
Credits to orlyukuk (GameFAQs) for providing CJ / save for this one.

Dirttrack

5:08 GTA_Phreak

Dirttrack best lap

0:49 GTA_Phreak

The best lap caught me somewhat by surprise, and I ended up in the fence :irked:, - but I wasn't able to improve the overall time on another run.

Well Vinewood is a horrible race and I just didn't have the heart to try again, but I think on a perfect run, there's at least another 3 seconds to be had, possibly more.

Vinewood: 2:18

I think I've got everything updated properly. Let me know if I made any errors. Are the links on the index page working properly? The Post # and Event name have different style links. I'm worried about the named links not working.

Hey Orion, everything is working perfectly for me. I noticed you had been no.1 on Lowrider for a while, so I thought I had better sort that out and stop picking on GTA ;)

Lowrider: 1:07

Annoyingly, for this one I think there is at least another 3-4 seconds for a perfect run on this one. Anyway, Freeway improved to

Freeway: 1:58

Records for Morgoth have been updated in Lowrider and Freeway.

I think I've settle on a preferred reporting format for records. It definately helps when the time and name follow the image the way GTA_Phreak reported his latest records. It doesn't matter much what precedes the image.

(Optional Text and formatting)

0:49 GTA_Phreak

Any suggestions for a thumbnail to choose for an example in Post #1? Perhaps this can be rotated, elected, or selected based on the ratings at Imageshack (but I don't know of anyway to easily check this information.

Please suggest some rules. We need to officially open the thread.

Now that we're starting to use the thumnails, I started to select the remove size/resolution bar from thumbnail option in Imageshack.

Morgoth, what browser did you use to test the link?

Not sure what you mean about the posting...I can't seem to change the font size and get titles as you have done, or at least, I'm too stupid to figure it out!

I'm using Firefox and here's another best time for SF Hills:

4:04 Morgoth22

Sorry GTA_Phreak but it's such a fun race eh?!

Back