General VC Discussion & Questions

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 51 comments
Good idea. I was thinking of possibly doing that, and it seems the number of people replaying Vice City is increasing, so that's a very good idea.

I have a question. If you collect all the hidden packages before killing Diaz and taking over the mansion will the weapons and helicopter still spawn there, or just at the Ocean Beach hotel?

I can't remember off hand (I have a game where I did this)-- I do know for a fact that the sea sparrow will spawn there (behind the mansion) after 80 packages whether you own it or not--- I don't remember about the weapons....if I ever load up VC in the near future I'll check that save.

Regarding the cone crazy/money trick mentioned in the killing thread :crazy:

These are the money amounts you win-- 23 times to max your money--- you would be wise to stop at this point-- if you keep going the value will turn negative and you can lose ALL your money.

It doubles each time.

$200
$400
$800
$1,600
$3,200
$6,400
$12,800
$25,600
$51,200
$102,400
$204,800
$409,600
$819,200
$1,638,400
$3,276,800
$6,553,600
$13,107,200
$26,214,400
$52,428,800
$104,857,600
$209,715,200
$419,430,400
$838,860,800

I never verified this works on test track/trial by dirt.

Spuds

You can get waaaay more than $838,000.00! I got $202,000,000.00 on my last one, thats my current record tho...I have yet to beat 6 seconds. I found that just doing really badly on the first few will get you much more money much faster, and form what I've seen it never maxes out.

[Edit] Oops...thats a comma not a decimal, huh?...crap...I got gypped...[Edit]

Here is a link back to when we were first discussing this (this is from the VC recordbook thread last march)-- I experimented and wroted down the negative values you get for the 25th and 26th times you break the record-- I did it 27 and 28 times after this and they went positive again--- essentially the PS2 (with a 32 bit processor) can't handle numbers above 2^32 power so it turns over when it reaches that and changes the sign for some reason---when it went over -(2^31) it changed it back to a positve number--- you will see that the numbers continue to double for the new values after it turns over.....

If you check the pages just before and after you will find more discusion on this if you are interested....

http://gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=993089&postcount=986

Spuds

Near Hyman Stadium, you start it by getting into the Landstalker, you can start Trail by Dirt by getting on the Sanchez.

far north eastern corner behind the buildings.. there is a dirt path that starts around the colliseum (behind the buildings to the north side of the road that takes you into the colliseum)and takes you there

The weirdest thing just happened to me! I was recreating the spotlight mission just for fun, because i like doing all the jumps, and I did the first one with a ladder when I fell off. After I got up, walked over to my bike and started moving, 3 haitians on dirtbikes came after me! They chased me down and knocked me off the bike and all of them had machete's! I shot them of course, but it was so strange that they just chased me down and attacked me in DOWNTOWN! Not even Little Haiti, man it was odd. Has this ever happened to anyone else, and do you know what may have happend? Note: I recently got 96% completion, could the completiong status have something to do with it? I've never seen this before, Also, they were all riding black Sanchez's. I've never seen a black one. I came back a seocnd later and the bikes were gone. Cars usually stick around for at least a little while after abandoned. wtf?

maybe they were out for a bite to eat.. any gang members that would attack you in their territory will do the same anywhere else.. dont think it has anything to do with completion status

Are you sure you didn't get on the bike for trail by dirt, because Haitians come after you when you do that mission on black sanchez's with Machettes, sounds very familiar, no? Be sure you get on the right bike next time ;)

What has happened is, you have recently played the Trial by Dirt side-mission. In the last of these missions, you get chased by three Haitians on Sanchez's. You have gone straight from this mission into "recreating the spotlight mission", and they're still after you.

Well...that's...SHlTTY. Good news! I got all 100 hidden packages! ...But I had to start a new profile and dedicate my whole day to it, pciking them up 1 by 1. Anyway, other than the hunter spawning @ the beach is there anything else you get? Because I did it in another profile (got 100) and the hunter didn't spawn...

You probably had completed the story line in one of your saves.

Works like this....

100 packages-- Hunter spawns at Fort Baxter

Complete storyline-- Hunter spawns at Fort Baxter

Do both of the above, after you complete the 2nd one (doesn't matter which you do first) the Hunter will also spawn at helipad at southern end of ocean beach.

Spuds

Jimmy Enslashay
What has happened is, you have recently played the Trial by Dirt side-mission. In the last of these missions, you get chased by three Haitians on Sanchez's. You have gone straight from this mission into "recreating the spotlight mission", and they're still after you.
They don't follow you after that mission, they ride off on there own, there's really no way that could happen.

RancidMilk
I thought the Ocean Beach Hunter didn't spawn until you get 100%?
No, as Spuds said, it spawns there when you've completed Keep Your Friends Close AND found 100 packages. It will spawn at the military base as soon as you've found 100 packages OR completed Keep Your Friends Close and will spawn at Ocean Beach when you've done the other. I've checked it out myself.

KM.

Blake
They don't follow you after that mission, they ride off on there own, there's really no way that could happen.
I was fairly sure when I done that and left after a little while, they still came after me. That's mostly because I only done half of the mission before realising I was doing poorly, so I decided to drive off. Thay may be what has happened.

Ok, i tried it again. It is from the sanchez you steal, but they continue to follow you. they even followed me up the stairs and over jumps when I was messing around on the G-spotlight mission. Any idea why it happens though?

But they stop attacking you after the mission, they just follow you around. No idea why it happens, I guess it's like the Faggio gang that follow you after "Gunrunner", the mission for Phil.

Blake

Sorry I had to spawn a hydra and it's hard to control I'll just restart my game and make it like I never cheated.

What is the CR point-cash system again? Is it 1 point for every $500 or one point for every $1000?

1 pt per $5000 earned
-1 pt per $5000 spent
30 for helicopters
i believe its 5 pts for every 1% of accuracy (or maybe 3 pts)
1 pt for every legit kill
1 pt for every criminal/patient/etc in R3 missions

i think that's about it

Back