• Thread starter Kent
  • 40 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
Instead of starting an all new game, I would like to continue working on my current game and concentrate only on the best races.

For whatever reason, some races are better than others.
I would like to hear which races you all believe are worth playing a second time and why you feel that way.

What are the best races in GT4?

You can have any reason from the number of laps to what the AI competitors look like for the sake of having pretty replays.
One thing I will spend time looking at is which race series have the best track selection through the championship.

My concern isn't simply which races have the best competition or which races will make you the most money, I am more interested in a wider view of which races are worth racing again?
(although both of the reasons mentioned above are welcome)

Do you all have any suggestions about which races or series can be used to keep your 100% account alive and kicking?

:cheers:

I like Clubman Cup, it has pretty decent difficulty and good track choices. but the price car is 👎

FR cup was entertaining too with a stock RX-7 GT-X.

Hands down IMHO the Gran Turismo World Championship from Professional Hall is the best Series in the Game. First time thru I told someone that if the "Game" stopped right there it would have been worth my investment! 👍 My only regret is that it's too easy if you use a comperable ride & using a JGTC Car is the only way I've found to make it interesting. Sure wish a DTM Car was competititve. :indiff:...O.G.
old.gif

the Opel speedster, Clio, and 206 races are defenatelly races that are worth doing them againg and again. (very good IA competition)

The 4hr 'ring endurance is good race, defenetly one of the races that connot be taken lighttly (sp) The 24 hrs is too long to really enjoy it.

Also the Gran Turismo World Championship from Professional Hall.

:dopey:

I'd say if you B-specced it first time round, make sure you go back and drive every mile of 1000 miles! yourself. The opportunity to race some of the best vehicles of yesteryear around some amazing tracks. About 4 hrs per race too, should keep you busy for a while. Finding a decent ride and opponents can be tricky though.
If you want, I have a spreadsheet that lists the first 48 cycles of opponents for the NTSC version so you can pick a car & opposition based on that. PM me if you want it.
Although I do believe the opponents change if you enter in a Japanese car, from what I seen posted elsewhere.
Personally I took the Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto 1600 '66 mostly on N3 tyres. Couldn't get "Mrs. Robinson" out of my head the whole time too! :P

I like to drive small crappy cars :drool: :nervous: :scared: so the Sunday Cup does the trick for me 👍 . I have lots of fun driving arround a car with 30~50 hp less then the A.I and still win because that makes me see what is the best setup for a track(suspension; LSD; tranny; etc)

P.S: When I mod a car to have a though race against teh A.I I never ever add hp to the car or remove height 👍

:cheers:

Smallhorses
I'd say if you B-specced it first time round, make sure you go back and drive every mile of 1000 miles! yourself. The opportunity to race some of the best vehicles of yesteryear around some amazing tracks. About 4 hrs per race too, should keep you busy for a while. Finding a decent ride and opponents can be tricky though.
If you want, I have a spreadsheet that lists the first 48 cycles of opponents for the NTSC version so you can pick a car & opposition based on that. PM me if you want it.
Although I do believe the opponents change if you enter in a Japanese car, from what I seen posted elsewhere.
Personally I took the Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto 1600 '66 mostly on N3 tyres. Couldn't get "Mrs. Robinson" out of my head the whole time too! :P

Good call Smallhorses i agree.
In my 200 point quest this was one of the hardest, and most rewarding set of races.

Wow, you all responded to this much more quickly than I expected. :eek:
A few things that stuck out from above...
The GT World Championship and the 1,000 Miles series.

Both of those were one-timers for me and both were early on in the game.
Somehow I got my hands on an E-Type and ran the 1,000 way early into my start with the game.
The GTWC on the other hand was much later and I only beat it after resigning myself to buy a BMW V12 LMR.
Because of B-Spec my 1,000 miles series was nothing more than patience, because of over my GTWC was "Hit And Run" with walls and competitors until 1st place came my way. :guilty:

With that in mind, :lol:
Thanks for the great suggestions there fellas. :cheers:

I noticed that someone also mentioned the Opel speedster cup?!
very nice pick. 👍
This was a series I actually ran and found to be entertaining for sure. There weren't too many laps in each race and tire selection was open to any tire combo.
Plus, I think it had an Opel Calibra as the prize car. :D

That's a great run to work with because of how it can carry you into a DTM championship without spending the money to buy a DTM (and occassionally we all need to re-stock the bank).
The "Italy" (:lol: ) cup is great for getting a prize car as well.
Only 3 2-lap races.
B-spec-able if you want or open to any sports tire mounted Italian car, I ran with the Stratos street car (stock with racing brakes). :mischievous:
Gives you a 155 Touring Car for the prize so you can get 260,000 or run the DTM again. :lol:

So yeah... The italiano cup is great for a stock stratos. :D
Anyway, thanks for the great suggestions. 👍
(btw, OG, that was a nice little old man smiley) :lol:

edit:
Forgot to mention it but, ...
Those races you all mentioned are a bit long for me sometimes, clubman cup sounds awesome right about now. :lol:

Maybe the Aston Martin one make races would be good? I remember those having short total race times and a nice prize car (Gold DB9).
(which reminds me... That should have been a Black DB9 and Gold should have been a standard color). :irked: :lol:

One of my favorites was the Race of Red Emblem. This was while hunting for a-spec points so was using NOS but I think it would not be hard to find some good close racing without NOS. Opponents tend to be fairly close to each other.

I also enjoyed the British GT Car Cup and will be going back to try a few different cars on that one.

Of the enduros the 4hr race at Nurburgring was the stand out for me - there is enough going on on that track to keep it interesting for the whole time - especially when you are not sure you can win for the first half.

IMHO the 1000 miles was one of the least fun events for me - way too long and the disparity between opponents does not help. I only managed to get 713 a-spec points for this series and will not be going back to get the rest. By half distance you have either won or lost (except for the 'ring - that was fun) - the last half is just getting to the end - not much fun but each to their own.

i like the nurburgring 4 hour when it comes to enduros. when it comes to one make races, i like the civic cup. i raced the 83 civic in there and beating the newer models is rather hard. the turbo sports race in the pro hall is fun if you have a slower car. i was driving the nismo 400r at the tokyo race and lost to an fd3 rx-7 by .009. the clubman cup is also good. pretty much all of the pro hall is nice. i like the capri rally to. its a nice track.

The classic car races for sure. Nothing like getting to grips with the handling characteristics of those old cars!

Hint: to really get the feel, leave dif and suspension as standard and turn off the power assist on DFP (if you're using one)

Oooh, forgot to mention. My favorite classic car race in the Nurburgring 1000miles. Good long Nurburg track with all classics, and you can enter, american, japanese or european cars

I actually enjoy the Premium Sports Lounge.

While I do it to get my Ford GT solid colors, I actually enjoy going through it with different cars like the SLR, GT, S7, and etc.

pSI civic
The turbo sports race in the pro hall is fun if you have a slower car.

How could I forget that! I have all 1000 A-Spec points available here, but what's special about that, is that all 5 races were done in a different stock vehicle!

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec '99 (Used, no oil) at Fuji
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec '93 (6.2 Mile Used, oil changed) at Tokyo
Lotus Carlton '90 (Used, no oil) at High Speed Ring
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '00 (Used, oil changed) at New York
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo (J) '95 (6.2mile Used, no oil) at Midfield

Come & join Club 200 Kent! Click the link in my signature, find any race that's good for 200 A-spec points in a stock vehicle & you're in! Post your race & it'll get added to the list eventually!

Hi Powerslide! See you're a new member here, so I'll offer a little advice, use the edit button in your previous post to avoid double posting. If you remember something to add later, the edit button allows you to add stuff to your last post.
Double posting in quick succession is generally frowned on by the Moderators. Don't worry if you have 2 posts in succession on different days though, that's OK!
Anyway, enjoy GT Planet, use the FAQs and the search function, and you'll be all set. Catch you around. :)
I love those classic cars too! :cheers: Smallhorses.

gee so many good races... special conditions had cita in anythis equivalent to the ai is fun

pro hall races in general are fun :)

Hands down, best endurance race (barring the superb 1000 Miles! events) is the Nurburgring 4 hour endrance race. Not only does it have a very wide variety of cars, but they are all relatively evenly matched and it's fun to just take odball cars there to use (ie. Honda NSX Type-R '92, Cheverolet Camaro Z-28 '97, Nissan 300ZX, Ford RS200, or, for a lot of fun, a Jaguar E-Type). The only drawback is that it's on the Nurburgring, as I would have preferred it on a shorter yet similar track (like Clubman R5 or Midfield Raceway).

Another good one is the Opel Speedster Trophy. Let me explain though: done in a stock Speedster with Super-Softs. You can corner twice as fast as they can, but they go twice as fast as you can down the straights. Then the tires start letting go. ;) Most fun you can have with that car.

pSI civic
the 4 hour is fun because its at the nurburgring. no one is going gaga about the miata 4 hour at tsukuba.
That's because Tsukuba is a dumb track and that particualar race is boring. I just want the 'Ring 4 hour at a track similar to the Nurburgring but shorter in length (Deep Forest, Clubman R.5, Midfield Raceway, Motegi, Cote d' Azure, etc.).

none of those tracks are anything like the ring. if spa were in the game maybe... but its not so the ring is the best we've got. i love it.

The most fun for me is the Dream Car Champoinship. It has a great set of courses, a sweet prize car and decent AI. It's fun to do in a lesser car.

spykerdriver
The most fun for me is the Dream Car Champoinship. It has a great set of courses, a sweet prize car and decent AI. It's fun to do in a lesser car.
GREAT Call spykerdriver! :cheers: I'd forgotten all about doing that series in the TOYOTA Celica WedsSport!!! I need to go back & do it again in another of the JGTC300 rides! 👍 ...O.G.
old.gif

well, any race can be a challenge with a car that you would have afford IRL and with mods that you have afford IRL as well.. thus, i run most of races with mere some mods, like suspension, lightweight, exhaust, clutch, flywheel, chip.. and that's it. :sly:

The most fun I had so far was running The Tuning Car GP with a Mazda Bathurst chasing A-spec points, so fun that I work on a racereport on it.

Well, I haven't played for some time, but I do have some suggestions for cars in certain single races/cups:

Ford RS200 Road car in Stars and Stripes (this is the one without the race cars, right?). I had a lot of fun in these 3 single races. I had to use all I had and I won with a very small gap.

Toyota 7 in GTWC. I didn't do this cup with this car, but it was faster than the CLK-GTR I used and this car IS able to win the Super Speedway race. I tried it and I won it without having to make a pitstop. The reason I won't suggest using the CLK-GTR for this cup, is because it's nearly impossible to win on Super Speedway (in 100% stock form, no tranny trick or other things, just hard and super hard tires). All other tracks can be won without much problems, but if you want to keep 100%, I would use the Toyota 7.

I don't remember more races I enjoyed as much as these two, but that's because I haven't played GT4 for months.

If you guys want the most entertaining, the most competitive, and the overall best cup/ series that GT4 has to offer, I recommend the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meistershaft (I'm tired so my German may suck). I have done it for five times during the last five days. The reason why it is such a kick-ass series is that you never get bored of racing it, the races aren't too long or too short, the races aren't too easy but just enough hard to keep you entertained, and the tracks are great (Opera Paris, Midfield, High speed ring, Nürburgring and Fuji 2005). The price car is a nice CLK-GTR race car, worth a little over 700k. For all you DTM-lovers (I think I'm the only one :indiff: ) this is a must!

SkylineGoes
If you guys want the most entertaining, the most competitive, and the overall best cup/ series that GT4 has to offer, I recommend the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meistershaft (I'm tired so my German may suck). I have done it for five times during the last five days. The reason why it is such a kick-ass series is that you never get bored of racing it, the races aren't too long or too short, the races aren't too easy but just enough hard to keep you entertained, and the tracks are great (Opera Paris, Midfield, High speed ring, Nürburgring and Fuji 2005). The price car is a nice CLK-GTR race car, worth a little over 700k. For all you DTM-lovers (I think I'm the only one :indiff: ) this is a must!
Hmm, this might be a national speciality ;) but I like it too, I had a good time trying to complete the cup before thunderstorm could reach our area. Me against the nature - and I won! :dopey:

What car do you tend to use BTW?

i have done that one many times and use the audi A4 touring car. its extreamly easy. i'm going to try it agian with the opel astra maybe it will be harder. i think the ai could be harder though.

Greycap
Hmm, this might be a national speciality ;) but I like it too, I had a good time trying to complete the cup before thunderstorm could reach our area. Me against the nature - and I won! :dopey:

What car do you tend to use BTW?
I use some of the old cars, but mainly I use the Alfa. The sound of the engine is music to my ears. :drool:

pSI civic
i have done that one many times and use the audi A4 touring car. its extreamly easy. i'm going to try it agian with the opel astra maybe it will be harder. i think the ai could be harder though.

You should use some of the older ones (Alfa Romeo 155 TI, Opel Calibra or the AMG Mercedes 190 EVOII). Those cars have less power than the newer ones, so it's not that easy. I did the Opera Paris race yesterday with the A4, the CLK and TT-R and I gotta say it was boring. But with the older ones it's much more fun. For example with the Calibra you really have to drive if you want to beat the CLK. I tried and lost... :ouch:

the opel and the merc are decent cars but the only thing the alfa has going for it is looks. i dont know how a car can have over 400hp and only have 216lb/ft.

Back