Replaying, Not Restarting!

• Thread starter Kent
  • 40 comments
pSI civic
the opel and the merc are decent cars but the only thing the alfa has going for it is looks. i dont know how a car can have over 400hp and only have 216lb/ft.
Well the Calibra has even less torque than the Alfa...

I actually liked the 190 more than the new cars, it has less power but it has such handling that makes it fun to drive. It also suited my style better than the modern ones so the lack of power didn't matter at all. I tried the Calibra once and that's it, it just wasn't my car.

And the 190 in full race trim makes some ridiculously easy 90 point races... :lol:

Just to name a few racing series I've found that I really like.

1) American Hall: Stars and Stripes
10,000 Cr = First place. Prize car = Camaro LM
Short 3 races on Laguna, and Seattle, then 1 4-lap race at Infineon st.

2) "Legend Of Silver Arrow"
Don't know the first place money but the prize car is the CLK DTM. 👍
Very short races, 2 3-lappers and 1 1-lap event.
You also get the chance to run the Ring in that 1-lap event. :D
Plus, for money making, the CLK can take you through the DTM series. :sly:

Those are a few of my recent endeavors.
Hope you all find them as fun as I did. :D

Later. :cheers:

Kent
2) "Legend Of Silver Arrow"
Don't know the first place money but the prize car is the CLK DTM. 👍
Very short races, 2 3-lappers and 1 1-lap event.
You also get the chance to run the Ring in that 1-lap event. :D

hehe. I did this in old merc SEC 600.. even when fully tuned, I had bloody battle to the finish line with SLR.. :crazy: :dopey:

Greycap
I actually liked the 190 more than the new cars, it has less power but it has such handling that makes it fun to drive. It also suited my style better than the modern ones so the lack of power didn't matter at all. I tried the Calibra once and that's it, it just wasn't my car.
That's true. The 190 has the best handling out of all the DTM cars (if you leave the A4 out) but I still prefer the Alfa. It's just the sound of the engine when the rpms go near to 9000 rpm. And the other key factor is that it's italian. Italian cars are something I can't resist. And it's weird cause I'm a die-hard Mercedes-Benz fan too... But yeah, the Calibra is the worst one of the old ones. It just, at least for me, is a b***c to drive with. Propably because of the 4WD. It just doesn't feel right on tarmac...

The JGTC has got to be the championship that challenges those ubiquitos tuned nipponese .
Took the Tokyo GT-R concept there yesterday and spent Ages in Qualifying sorting out the tuning on this difficult bastid. It needs a little bit of oversteer to make it competitive against the likes of the Xanavi , but they are a relentless lot in the JGTC & i return to it frequently to get authoratative challenges on my tunings , more so than the pro tuner etc..

Moloch_horridus
One of my favorites was the Race of Red Emblem.
I just ran this, for the first time, today. It's extra fun because of how tight the pack stays. In my run on Motegi, I was able to hold the lead but I had a pack of 4 GT-R's right behind me the whole time. :)

I had a wonderful time almost being smoked by the AI in the Tuning Car GP whilst using a GSX-R/4 on S2 tires...

Close, close races, especially against the BTR...

CRXnut
Laguna Seca Enduro in M3 GTR (Race Tires) - nice close race

m.gif
gtr.gif
👍

All of the japanese championship races, and they have good prize cars to. Doing the races with all the JGTC cars, is OMG OMG OMG so much fun, i A-speced it a couple times IN ONE DAY!

Back