◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Think you just have to hit the PS button and hit the quit button but not actually quit the race and it'll put you in the pit. Might need some testing with that though. Think @DublDee did it one race last night. Have to watch the replay again.

Well, watched the replay again, he spun coming out of last turn at Dragon and crashed into the pit entrance and there he sat for about 4 more laps. Don't know how he did it actually. Maybe he was posing for the photographers?
Yup, spun and ended up in the pits so I stayed there to avoid ruining anyone else’s race. Just don’t hit any buttons to change tires and you’ll stay there till the end

Last edited:
View media item 2540
Race Date: 4 April 2015
Currently tracking 9 Incident Reports

We have at least one prize winner with a racing incident being investigated by the stewards. This may, obviously, change the order of the prizes to be selected. All winners are asked to refrain from making selections until the Weekly Steward's report has been posted.​
The target deadline for the Steward Reviews, this week, is Wednesday night by 10PM Eastern. The Steward Summary will be posted as soon as possible, following completion of reviews.​
:@: SNAIL Stewards, please make your way to The Incident Review Scoring.​

The IR Submission Form is now closed.
what's with those banner dates. is it really 2015?

I usually don't go below 0 because it feels flat to me, I like a little glare for the realism.
Looking at your photos, I might not always go at -100 in the future, probably somewhere in the middle for a less flat look. You are right, looking back at my photos they feel a bit flat. But still, the glare can be so intense sometimes, IMO PD went overboard to the point that its distracting. Apart from that, the game looks so good, graphics has always been a strong point at PD.

what's with those banner dates. is it really 2015?
Based on your livery designs you should totally like design the bestest SNAIL banner for 2024 we've ever seen like omg!

But seriously, you're liveries are pretty neat sometimes

EDIT: LOL, here I was thinking that you were knocking the current banner.

Last edited:
Looking at your photos, I might not always go at -100 in the future, probably somewhere in the middle for a less flat look. You are right, looking back at my photos they feel a bit flat. But still, the glare can be so intense sometimes, IMO PD went overboard to the point that its distracting. Apart from that, the game looks so good, graphics has always been a strong point at PD.
the glare is crazy, you are right about that. My HRD tv gets rediculous with it sometimes, like realistic blinding glare.

FYI if anyone wants to catch some sim racing another group I race withs stream tonight.

Last edited:
View media item 2540
The stewards have completed the necessary reviews and this week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

Prize winners have changed as follows:

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - McLaren 650S Gr.4 (RH) at Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse - S03 Late Morning (8 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Gurney67 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - BMW Z8 '01 (SM) at Dragontrail International Raceway Gardens Reverse - S03 Afternoon (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Xradkins gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @TokenTimmy so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

@Gurney67 , @Xradkins & @TokenTimmy will be included in a conversation shortly.​

This week's Donkey Kong challenge..

Missions - Magic Mountain - 'The Pass' (Final Corner Speed Challenge)
This is the second one from the left. The car is the 911 Carrera RS (964) '92
Finish in first place with a time under 0:51.051
Deadline is Sunday midnight EST

This challenge is open to all SNAIL members including the Donkey Kong guy :dopey:
@Dragonwhisky

Can we add Catalunia Rallycross stage to the list of eligible tracks?
200.gif

This week's Donkey Kong challenge..

Missions - Magic Mountain - 'The Pass' (Final Corner Speed Challenge)
This is the second one from the left. The car is the 911 Carrera RS (964) '92
Finish in first place with a time under 0:51.051
Deadline is Sunday midnight EST

This challenge is open to all SNAIL members including the Donkey Kong guy :dopey:
@Dragonwhisky

I gave it a try but I noticed we weren’t friends so I’ve sent you one.

My last best time was 53 seconds and I chopped 4 secondes. The physics have changed so much since launch.

Last edited:
The following video came across my YouTube feed this morning, and I found it quite interesting. I know that I personally tend to focus a lot on racecraft, but etiquette is also an important part of racing and deserves equal attention paid to it. Anyway, enjoy!

Fun video and informative at the same time. My cam view i like to use the most is bumper cam because it helps me to be more aware using the rear view mirror and looking side to side to understand there is a driver either to my left or right trying to pass. Driving etiquette goes a long way and takes time for a veteran driver to earn the trust of a new driver on the track whether it is real world or virtual racing. Also to anticipate braking points where a driver will have a later or earlier braking point before a turn in front of.

Last edited:
Sunday Night Combos.png
Gran Turismo 7
Sunday, March 24th, 2024 Lineup
March 2024 Season League Night #3

1. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR GSR '06 on SM Tires @ Red Bull Ring - S01 Early Morning - (9 Laps)​
2. Alpine A110 '17 on SM Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa - S01 Early Morning - (8 Laps)​
3. BMW Z8 '01 on SM Tires @ Alsace - Test Course - C01 Night - (18 Laps)​

March 24th Combos.png

just don't hit any buttons and you stay.
Sorry I interpreted on the track to mean not in the pits for some reason.
What happens in VR? Does the HUD change? From what I read the info in VR is next to nothing compared to the options available in pancake mode.

The pit options don't change, when you enter the pits in VR it changes to the same screen you get without VR.

The HUD on track is more limited.

An example of what I see in VR when driving;

Last edited:
Back