◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,960 comments
Scores for 4/21 transfer to data.

April 21st Standings.png

Here are some photos from last nights D2 races , I know Canoworms will have some great ones later as well.
Remember drink Your Rockstar and eat your Big Mac before getting in the race car.
794f7a10f820b4806141327694ed5803_thumb_l.jpg

Token breaking them loose in the G.T.350
4c1f0392d507e9e782b7048497b25c40_thumb_l.jpg

Round the bend we go "Ceasar ,Tex and Cano"
fbb8826ae2f4fd816d5170c4ba5fff1e_thumb_l.jpg

Almost the same frame as above , vintage photo done in Sepia filter
fe9636e71d7d204215e78ac47406f63e_thumb_l.jpg

Scenic view right after the start before T1
1aa4dff7cc71ef077ea51025401c8beb_thumb_l.jpg

Drafting down the bridge .
dad005a8980e4164c68270855f68d094_thumb_l.jpg

Lavender Reflections ;Token, Gurney, Cano
a7d19de4600d53a780b53b6a7af810c1_thumb_l.jpg

Race 5 Spa group photo
6812a88a6473169360ec457798c38191_thumb_l.jpg

Great pics TokenTimmy, had lots fun last night, I will try to to play a roll in support next time. Quick question, where can I find info on the voting, I have never voted at all
We vote at the very end of race 6 , if you leave the lobby early put your vote in the lobby chat and we will record it. Thanks for racing last night it was great fun.

We vote at the very end of race 6 , if you leave the lobby early put your vote in the lobby chat and we will record it. Thanks for racing last night it was great fun.
PS, You can only vote for combos you race. So if you arrive late or leave early you may not vote for the combo(s) you miss. But, entering one race at a combo qualifies you to vote it 'off the island'.

Sorry for the ignorance, what do we vote on?

Active Participation
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It's also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of our car and track combos. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of every league night, everyone votes on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most "elimination votes" is dropped from the next week's lineup entirely. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes come into play:

Prizes
A prize is awarded to the divisions winners with the three highest scores*. The division winner with the highest score gets Prize A. The division winner with the second highest score gets Prize B. The division winner with the third highest score gets Prize C: (NOTE: We now have a new process for breaking ties in the elimination vote)
Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off
Prize B: The right to replace either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes
Prize C: The right to "freeze" either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes

@TokenTimmy Nice photos, especially that sepia one !
Obligatory D1 photos.
2024-04-21 Race 1.jpg

2024-04-21 Race 2.jpg

If you didn't know what a LSD does after racing that car, you do now.
2024-04-21 Race 3.jpg

2024-04-21 Race 4.jpg

Its the fifth week for the Alpine. If it stays for another week, it will beat the last car that stayed for 5 week straight, the S2000. What a great little car even on sports medium, fun to drive and just fast enough to make for some great on track action.
2024-04-21 Race 5.jpg

2024-04-21 Race 6.jpg

2024-04-21 Race 6 (2).jpg

Not the easiest car to drive this one, we all had our off track moment. I thought the room was starting to lag when I saw you guys going off track. For my part, I lost it and spun out a lap later in eau rouge.

Overall fun night, thank you guys for comin. @NoobMaster69 glad to see that you liked it enough with us to come back for a second week ! ;) You are crazy fast considering you're on a controller, mad respect. @Kgffy You got a worthy dualshock opponent now !

@TokenTimmy Nice photos, especially that sepia one !
Obligatory D1 photos.
View attachment 1349230
View attachment 1349231
If you didn't know what a LSD does after racing that car, you do now.
View attachment 1349232
View attachment 1349233
Its the fifth week for the Alpine. If it stays for another week, it will beat the last car that stayed for 5 week straight, the S2000. What a great little car even on sports medium, fun to drive and just fast enough to make for some great on track action.
View attachment 1349234
View attachment 1349235
View attachment 1349236
Not the easiest car to drive this one, we all had our off track moment. I thought the room was starting to lag when I saw you guys going off track. For my part, I lost it and spun out a lap later in eau rouge.

Overall fun night, thank you guys for comin. @NoobMaster69 glad to see that you liked it enough with us to come back for a second week ! ;) You are crazy fast considering you're on a controller, mad respect. @Kgffy You got a worthy dualshock opponent now !
I thoroughly enjoyed racing with y’all these past two weeks. It’s definitely been a very good experience and plan to stay. Can’t wait for many more races with everyone

Call Out to all SNAILs

We need your help updating/checking car stats for every car in the GT7 Cars sheet in SNAIL Combo History. If any of you spot a car that has incorrect specifications, primarily PP, compared to current specs in all three dealerships, please post the change, no matter how small, in this thread here.

I've already done several. It would be helpful if I wasn't the only one looking.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Call Out to all SNAILs

We need your help updating/checking car stats for every car in the GT7 Cars sheet in SNAIL Combo History. If any of you spot a car that has incorrect specifications, primarily PP, compared to current specs in all three dealerships, please post the change, no matter how small, in this thread here.

I've already done several. It would be helpful if I wasn't the only one looking.

Thank you.
Hey Dragon,
I can give you some time to assist in this. I just want to make sure I understand the request correctly.

When I look at the GT7 Cars tabs, I see exactly 500 rows of data, I propose I can take a chunk out of the bottom, let's say from the Manufacturer starting with "T - Tesla, row 445 to the bottom of the file.

Maybe I haven't thought this out properly but with respect to PP, am I noting the PP's once they've been fitted with the appropriate SNAIL Tires, as indicated in column K of the data? Or the indicated PP in Brand Central?
Thanks,
- Niagara

Hey Dragon,
I can give you some time to assist in this. I just want to make sure I understand the request correctly.

When I look at the GT7 Cars tabs, I see exactly 500 rows of data, I propose I can take a chunk out of the bottom, let's say from the Manufacturer starting with "T - Tesla, row 445 to the bottom of the file.

Maybe I haven't thought this out properly but with respect to PP, am I noting the PP's once they've been fitted with the appropriate SNAIL Tires, as indicated in column K of the data? Or the indicated PP in Brand Central?
Thanks,
- Niagara
The car list PP is dealership PP with stock tyres.

This weeks Donkey Kong challenge:

Missions - Magic Mountain - Fiat 500F One Make

Finish in 1st with a time under 3:01.301
You will be driving a Fiat 500F '68 around Lago Maggiore - East End.
Don't be fooled by its good looks and small size, as this car will try and kill you!
Open to all SNAIL (past & present) members

Bonus challenges:
Level 2: sub-3:00
Level 3: sub-2:58

What level are you?

Hey Dragon,

Thanks,
- Niagara

The car list PP is dealership PP with stock tyres.
Marcus is correct. We need the dealership PP, and other specs, if different from the current list.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on April 21, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Melanie1025 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize A
  5. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - Prize C
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. EvoSpec10 --------- did not submit a vote
  10. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. A_Mindful_Place --- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. TokenTimmy -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize B
  4. papa_carlos74 ----- did not submit a vote
  5. Tex_Hill ---------- did not submit a vote
  6. cesarr64 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Flyingdisc315 ----- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Audi R8 LMS Evo '19 (RM) at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 24h Layout - S17 Evening (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Kgffy wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Alpine A110 '17 (SM) at Circuit de Sainte-Croix B Reverse - S01 Afternoon (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @TokenTimmy gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Dragonwhisky so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Call Out to all SNAILs

Thank you.
I can lend a hand with this. Assign me a block of cars to work on.

This weeks Donkey Kong challenge:

Missions - Magic Mountain - Fiat 500F One Make

Finish in 1st with a time under 3:01.301
You will be driving a Fiat 500F '68 around Lago Maggiore - East End.
Don't be fooled by its good looks and small size, as this car will try and kill you!
Open to all SNAIL (past & present) members

Bonus challenges:
Level 2: sub-3:00
Level 3: sub-2:58

What level are you?
Something I've noticed... The ai cars placement is not always the same. It seems like there's two patterns for car placement. I had a few laps then left the missions to do something else.... when I came back it was impossible to clear the first hairpin with any speed because cars 1-2-3-4 where close to each others. You leave and re-enter missions, now there's a nice gap between car number 3 and 4.

Back