2016 Mazda2 | Mazdaspeed2 being considered?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 254 comments
If you look at the 4th picture you can see through the rear window how much you can lower the Drivers seat when compared to the Front passenger(Drivers seat is on Lowest setting and Passenger on Middle setting).

Congrats Mustafa ;)

I love that interior!!!! That and the driving dynamics are probably thhe best features of this little under-rated car...

I hope to see this more around where i live... if i have to downgrade, this would be my go to car...

Very tempted to go for a test drive...

Got Tints done:
2a5x7hs.jpg

4kcg40.jpg

2d1ad6t.jpg

Bit Dirty but here is another interior view from drivers side(Note: I put seat covers on):
2nitrth.jpg

Cargo space(Water Bottle as comparison as it was all I had on me at the time):
2wn1zip.jpg

The factory wheels look good painted gloss black. Our dealer paint the factory wheels on all the models as an option. Really transforms them all. On the 2, the white with black wheels looks mean. That blue with black wheels would go well with the tints.

I see that there is no steering wheel but multimedia control center instead.. I miss the basic wheel that had only the horn.. If even that.

I see that there is no steering wheel but multimedia control center instead.. I miss the basic wheel that had only the horn.. If even that.
That is on the Center console, with an IDrive like wheel button.

Having came from a car with only a Horn on the wheel, I couldn't possibly disagree more.

Makes life much easier with buttons on the Wheel and allows you to focus on the road better

Last edited:

I think Porsche only had just the horn button on the GT3 or GT2 model some years ago. I'd prefer a Nardi wheel like an MX5

Well im at 2,000kms now and have done alot of Highway driving as well and i got to say this car would suit North America pretty well, i can stick it on 110km/h on Cruise control and it can eat up the miles pretty damn well, also at speed the suspension feels much softer.

There is no Tyre noise what so ever like Mazdas have had issues with in the past and Wind Noise is very low and close to or on par with Germans.

Also the Dynamic steering helps it go from relaxed cruiser to an agile go kart depending on the road.

My average fuel economy with about 75% city and 25% highway is at 5.9L/100kms.

Well im at 2,000kms now and have done alot of Highway driving as well and i got to say this car would suit North America pretty well, i can stick it on 110km/h on Cruise control and it can eat up the miles pretty damn well, also at speed the suspension feels much softer.

There is no Tyre noise what so ever like Mazdas have had issues with in the past and Wind Noise is very low and close to or on par with Germans.

Also the Dynamic steering helps it go from relaxed cruiser to an agile go kart depending on the road.

My average fuel economy with about 75% city and 25% highway is at 5.9L/100kms.
That's about 40 MPG average. With city driving being the majority, that's pretty damn good.

And once again, in that will they, won't they relationship that we apparently have with the Mazda 2 in the US...

2016 Mazda 2 NOT coming to the United States

Certainly a huge disappointment, but, it makes sense given Mazda's limited resources. Launching three new vehicles all at once would be tough, and with demand so high, I know I wouldn't want shoddy quality on a car that's being pushed out too quick. But, man, that just seems like a bad move by Mazda. The compact market is hot, hot, hot - and not having an entry is still a loss of sales either way. With a car that is reportedly that much better, it would have stood a good chance to steal a good number of sales away from the Fiesta and 500.

But, hey. The Scion iA is a Mazda 2.

And once again, in that will they, won't they relationship that we apparently have with the Mazda 2 in the US...

2016 Mazda 2 NOT coming to the United States

Certainly a huge disappointment, but, it makes sense given Mazda's limited resources. Launching three new vehicles all at once would be tough, and with demand so high, I know I wouldn't want shoddy quality on a car that's being pushed out too quick. But, man, that just seems like a bad move by Mazda. The compact market is hot, hot, hot - and not having an entry is still a loss of sales either way. With a car that is reportedly that much better, it would have stood a good chance to steal a good number of sales away from the Fiesta and 500.

But, hey. The Scion iA is a Mazda 2.
Very strange as I feel like this Mazda 2 was made with the US market in mind, the Hatch is much larger then the last Model and is the longest B Segment Hatchback on the market today (including European models), almost approaching Compact dimensions.

Maybe Toyota has paid Mazda a truck load of money to hold the US Market, because I feel like this is a incredibly poor decision by Mazdas Behalf.

It does sound weird that if you want a Mazda 2 in North america you need to buy a Toyota.

The Scion iA looks very Poorly designed like all Toyota products and is wearing the next Gen 86 Grill by the looks of things, it might look better in top spec though if they offer it with the LED/Xenon combo and the Top spec 16 inch wheels.

Apparently it will still be sold in Puerto Rico. I might be wrong, but I believe Puerto Rico cars are federalized so it might be possible to buy one and bring it over from PR. That's a lot of effort for a Mazda2....but it might be possible.

Mazda does say though that they have the ability to stock the Mazda 2 in America at anytime as everything is already in place.

I would assume it would happen if Gas prices rise which is when they did it with the Last Mazda 2(keep in mind it was 2 years after the rest of world).

The business case is pretty low with such low gas prices it seems.

Still would be a good idea to gain some traction before taking advantage when/if it does get to quite high prices again.

Apparently it will still be sold in Puerto Rico. I might be wrong, but I believe Puerto Rico cars are federalized so it might be possible to buy one and bring it over from PR. That's a lot of effort for a Mazda2....but it might be possible.

That was my understanding, all of which makes me think that Mazda wants to say, "Nope, we're not doing it!" Then everyone's upset, the dealers beg for it, and then Mazda says, "We'll do it!"

That was my understanding, all of which makes me think that Mazda wants to say, "Nope, we're not doing it!" Then everyone's upset, the dealers beg for it, and then Mazda says, "We'll do it!"
Well it says: Mazda is also certifying it to US safety and environmental standards so that it can sell the 2 in Puerto Rico, which means that it wouldn't take much to change course and bring the hatchback into the US in the future: "It'll always be there if we need it," Davis told AN.

"The Mazda2 launch in the U.S. market is on hold in order to evaluate the B-Car segment and enable us the opportunity to focus on the launches of the refreshed Mazda6 and CX-5, and the all-new MX-5roadster and CX-3 subcompact crossover SUV."

Your post is misleading. It should read:

Mazda 2 & 3 Hybrid confirmed for production. Mazda wankel hybrid in development.

The latter is not really news, as they have been running around for several years now.

edit: The first article you posted is over a year old and the second 3 months old.

Back