6th Jamie Green, Audi, 1:33.590, 103 laps
7th Maximilian Götz, Mercedes-Benz,1:33.647, 139 laps
8th Edoardo Mortara, Audi, 1:33.704, 94 laps
9th Lucas Auer, Mercedes-Benz, 1:33.804, 97 laps
10th Esteban Ocon, Mercedes-Benz, 1:33.878, 132 laps
11th Bruno Spengler, BMW, 1:33.963, 115 laps
12th Daniel Juncadella, Mercedes-Benz, 1:34.210, 40 laps

Interesting report from TcT:

"The third and more significant decision has come as an agreement of the DTM Commission, which comprises the three manufacturers involved in the series, as well as representatives from promoter ITR and the DMSB, the German motorsport authority, to allow some concessions to BMW. It has been exposed that certain restrictions in the construction of the M4 DTM are translated into a deficit compared with Audi and Mercedes, which cannot be compensated through technical development due to the homologation restrictions, in place until 2017.

The DTM Commission has decided to allow BMW’s minimum weight to be reduced by 7.5kg, with their new base weight 1,112.5kg. Both Audi and Mercedes will remain at last season’s minimum weight of 1,120kg. The Bavarian’s manufacturer rear wing will also be 50 milimitres wider than last year."

Interesting report from TcT:

"The third and more significant decision has come as an agreement of the DTM Commission, which comprises the three manufacturers involved in the series, as well as representatives from promoter ITR and the DMSB, the German motorsport authority, to allow some concessions to BMW. It has been exposed that certain restrictions in the construction of the M4 DTM are translated into a deficit compared with Audi and Mercedes, which cannot be compensated through technical development due to the homologation restrictions, in place until 2017.

The DTM Commission has decided to allow BMW’s minimum weight to be reduced by 7.5kg, with their new base weight 1,112.5kg. Both Audi and Mercedes will remain at last season’s minimum weight of 1,120kg. The Bavarian’s manufacturer rear wing will also be 50 milimitres wider than last year."

According to all three manufacturers, BMW should gain around 0.2 seconds per Lap on the average track (e.g. Hockenheim)

They could do with it. I posted this elsewhere last year, but basically it shows clearly that BMW's competitiveness (or lack of) last year was quite dependent on their ballast.

original.jpg

It is going to be another amazing season like always.
Will be there in the dunes the whole sunday event on 17 July at Zandvoort.

Free Practive Live Stream, in German.

@lxmmy

dtm.jpg

Dirty, scrappy, clumsy race though... I don't mind some rubbin', this is touring cars after all, but if they're going to race like that all season they're going need to start building tougher cars... and possibly fit them with off road tyres!

Shame we didn't see the full final lap battle between Green and Farfus.

Disappointing that even with a small weight break the Bimmers aren't at the sharp end.

Congrats to the winner.

Last edited:
I understand brand activation for Deutsche Post but sending the slow footed mail carrier into the hot pitlane during green flag stops is a accident waiting to happen.👎👎 A series that is as advanced as the DTM should know better than that.

Too bad for Paffett getting the penalty, he likely had the car to win that race.

The drivethrough was a shame for Paffet, but it gave us a decent show :lol: Decent races overall this weekend, really happy to see DTM back :)

@lxmmy

Dirty, scrappy, clumsy race though... I don't mind some rubbin', this is touring cars after all, but if they're going to race like that all season they're going need to start building tougher cars... and possibly fit them with off road tyres!

Shame we didn't see the full final lap battle between Green and Farfus.

Disappointing that even with a small weight break the Bimmers aren't at the sharp end.

Congrats to the winner.
The last thing they can be called are touring cars. They are GT's mate.

The way they're built, they're closer to a spec prototype than anything else....but everyone refers to them as Touring Cars, and that's what pCARS calls them, so that's what I to with too :P

touring, gran touring, super gran touring... or hyper gran touring.... they are still all touring cars notheless

Just like superman is still just a man with super powers... upsss maybe not.... he is really an alien isnt he... now that got me confused:confused::confused::confused:

touring, gran touring, super gran touring... or hyper gran touring.... they are still all touring cars notheless

Just like superman is still just a man with super powers... upsss maybe not.... he is really an alien isnt he... now that got me confused:confused::confused::confused:
Wat8.jpg

Should be, shouldn't be.. whatever.. they are called touring cars... series definitions might be an interesting topic for another thread, but I fear it's beating the same dead horse that's been beaten before....

.. anybody got an opinion on Race 1 or 2 from Hockenheim they'd like to discuss instead?

Should be, shouldn't be.. whatever.. they are called touring cars... series definitions might be an interesting topic for another thread, but I fear it's beating the same dead horse that's been beaten before....

.. anybody got an opinion on Race 1 or 2 from Hockenheim they'd like to discuss instead?
Need stronk cars comrade. :P All kidding aside it was good, rather enjoyed it (thank you CBS! :D ). Race 1 was tough for Timo Glock, but glad to see Paul Di Resta doing well this weekend!

Definitly agree that the cars need to be stronger.

I think perhaps the driving standards need to be addressed as well, similar to what we saw with Indy after NOLA last year.

Just look at the mess that was T1 in both races, and then compare that to T1 of the V8SC races from the weekend, and the difference is quite shocking. Cars all over the runoff, and it's pretty standard in most DTM races to lose several cars on the first lap.

GT500 uses the same cars, has different tires on various cars, yet they usually make it through T1 without the same mayhem.

But Ya, the cars need to be tougher. A tin top needs to be able to survive some rubbing.

Also, any spec series that needs DRS to create passing needs to check itself. If the dirty air is that much of a problem, then downforce needs to be removed. I also don't get why DTM needs DRS and GT500 doesn't.

Not trying to rip on DTM, I stll enjoy it - just some things I think would make it better.

Back