CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/08/10/2019-nissan-altima-spy-shots-maxima-design/

nissanaltima-g05-kgp-ed-1.jpg

nissanaltima-g10-kgp-ed-1.jpg

s-1.jpg

Seeing the Altima's front grill, it looks like it's slowly becoming a Hyundai, yet it keeps Nissan's trademark V-Motion grill. And, the rest of the body looks like a teenage-Maxima.

Otherwise, I'm starting to like what I see, from the prototype.

It will look like the Vmotion 2.0 concept
Nissan-Vmotion2-Concept-26.jpg
Nissan-Vmotion2-Concept-32.jpg

I said this before but the chrome V ( it looks like a U to me) on the Nissan is just ugly and now they going to make it even bigger.

Will this be enough to get people back in the Nissan Australia showrooms for a big sedan?

Yes & No:
Yes. If it can outperform the Stinger and Commodore ZB.

No. If there are no intentions to make a NISMO package.

Will this be enough to get people back in the Nissan Australia showrooms for a big sedan?

Yes & No:
Yes. If it can outperform the Stinger and Commodore ZB.

No. If there are no intentions to make a NISMO package.

Seems unlikely, no doubt it's still FWD. That Kia looks like a winner.

I really hate the big screen poking out of the middle of the dash as well, many manufacturers seem to be doing it now. I think the new i30 has it as well.

Sometimes. ;)

So AWD? I don't really understand AWD in a big car that has nowhere near enough power to warrant it. The new Commodore will be the same. Surely it's just added weight and parasitic drivetrain loss in a world driven by fuel economy for these cars? FWD or RWD would make more sense.

All wheel drive in the Altima is a smart choice, and gives it a good leg up on the Accord and Camry that are front drive only. As far as I can recall, only the Fusion and Legacy are offered with all wheel drive in that size and price range.

All wheel drive in the Altima is a smart choice, and gives it a good leg up on the Accord and Camry that are front drive only. As far as I can recall, only the Fusion and Legacy are offered with all wheel drive in that size and price range.
Correct.

It's mainly for the colder climates here in the US that think AWD is superior to everything else.

Yes sorry, sometimes I forget about people living with snow, I'd have to travel a solid 1000km before I could see snow.:sly:

Seeing the Altima's front grill, it looks like it's slow.ly becoming a Hyundai, yet it keeps Nissan's trademark V-Motion grill. And, the rest of the body looks like a teenage-Maxima.

Otherwise, I'm starting to like what I see, from the prototype.

Was about to say that. The car screams to me so far a sense of, "I really like the South Korean look!". Looks similar to the Sonata facelift or even the KIA Optima

Looks smart. The interior looks good too. Just hope they don't light the gauges in orange.

Probably could sell here again with that awd option. A turbo version would be the move for the Australian market.

A like the look, the front has a low stance making it look more aggressive, but it probably will have white good performance.

Will the AWD in Altima be activated when wheels loss traction or will it have to put the car in awd mode?
It's mainly for the colder climates here in the US that think AWD is superior to everything else.
The AWD also would help when driving in the rain/wet road surface not just snow.
I think most people want awd its more practical, easier for them and maybe even cheaper then getting snow tires. With the snow tire you will have to swap them out when the spring comes and then put them on in the fall. And if you don't know how to mount and dismount tires on the wheels(most people don't) you will have to pay a shop to do it. And with the cost of the snow tires and mounting & dismounting to would be the same price if not cheaper then awd option on the car (and without the hassle of bring the car in to a shop).

Will the AWD in Altima be activated when wheels loss traction or will it have to put the car in awd mode?
Loss of traction only, similar to Murano, Pathfinder, Rogue, etc.
The AWD also would help when driving in the rain/wet road surface not just snow.
I think most people want awd its more practical, easier for them and maybe even cheaper then getting snow tires. With the snow tire you will have to swap them out when the spring comes and then put them on in the fall. And if you don't know how to mount and dismount tires on the wheels(most people don't) you will have to pay a shop to do it. And with the cost of the snow tires and mounting & dismounting to would be the same price if not cheaper then awd option on the car (and without the hassle of bring the car in to a shop).
I still think proper tires are a good idea even if you have AWD. You still have to turn and stop where the AWD isn't as beneficial as it is with acceleration.

And that Carscoops article is incorrect on the powertrains carrying over.

Eh, Snow tires>>>>>>>AWD.

Pretty sure it's been proven in tests, 4 wheels with zero grip on the road (ice) is no better 2 wheels with zero grip on the road.

Could drive my old V6 Gen Coupe in foot deep snow with zero problems in the snow.

Eh, Snow tires>>>>>>>AWD.

Pretty sure it's been proven in tests, 4 wheels with zero grip on the road (ice) is no better 2 wheels with zero grip on the road.

Could drive my old V6 Gen Coupe in foot deep snow with zero problems in the snow.

I never said awd was better then snow tires or that snow tires are better then awd. I was saying people are lazy and don't want to change their tires in the winter and then change them again in the spring. And that is why people prefer awd to snow tires.

It also depends on what tires are on the awd car. If you have highway tires on the awd it will be worse then an all terrain tires in the snow.

Nissan is no fun, that's why. And even if the AWD was available, it would probably be CVT only - in which then why bother.

The interior looks better than I thought it would. Mazda-esque in the cleanness of the design. Not quite there in execution though, but close.

Exterior is a bit bland - but it's a mid-size sedan, so not expecting much. Really don't like whatever is going on with the C-pillar though. They tried to carry over the black detailing from the concept, but it's just weird. Would look better without it.

Nitpicking continued - no LED taillights (or headlights)?

Last edited:
Wait a minute, they're only offering AWD on the less powerful model and not the higher trim model? *facepalm*
I mean, I like the styling of it and I'm sure people will buy it, but that line of reasoning makes no sense to me.

Latest Posts

Back