2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
Nobody pay any mind to the fact that the Dolphins are now the most playoff-impoverished franchise in the NFL.
I was hoping the Fins would put the hurt on the Chiefs, if they played in MIA it likely would have been a different story. I blame Taylor Swift.

I'm officially putting the Ravens on upset alert next week. I sure AF wouldn't want to play the Texans, they are getting better and better as the playoffs go on. Reminds me of the '07 G-Men with how they are coming together.

I think the Lions will take the Bucs and I could also put the Niners on upset alert if GB plays lights out like they did against the Cowgirls, unlikely though.

Jerome

Today's results:

* It was 31-17 in Orchard Park, New York, as the Buffalo Bills whacked the Pittsburgh Steelers. This game was postponed due to inclement weather yesterday.

* The Philadelphia Eagles were ballin'. Wha' happen? The Tampa Bay Buccaneers whooped the Eagles like it was nothing. Philadelphia went from soaring high to being grounded. Sad, shameful way to end the season after so much promise by failing 32-9 at Tampa Bay.

Sad... BOTH of the NFL's Pennsylvania teams out on the same day. Sad Monday for the Keystone State.

Oh well, injuries and having no real QB caught up with the Steelers. A lot of work to do in the offseason. I started following the team in Roethlisberger's rookie season, was spolied, never went through the earlier Stewart/Maddux struggles. We really can't compete and hope to win without a better option than Pickett (sadly looking like a real bust).

Last edited:
I watched the 1st half of the Eagles game and if you didn't know any better you would have thought that the Panthers took the Eagles uniforms and were playing. But at Carolina's defense would have tried. There were a few plays when the Eagles had the Bucs behind the line of scrimmage but fail/refused to make the play. For a team that talented to play so bad something needs to change. Any time you ask Matt Patricia to takeover your defense you are in trouble 😄

I just signed up to DAZN on my PS5, and got the remainder of the season for £14... not bad, plus access to previous seasons until August 1st.

The whole season pass is £150, a bit much for me since most games are on late here in the UK, so I will likely cancel after the Super Bowl, but £14 for the Championship games and the Super Bowl is pretty sweet - and it means I don't have to think about using ITVX in the UK, which is high in the running for Worst App in History (Sky Go being a tough act to follow).

-

Oh, and my boss finally accepted my leave request for the Monday after the Super Bowl - I had to arrange for someone to fill in for me at a meeting that morning before she would accept my request :rolleyes:

Man... it must stink right now to be a Dallas Cowboys or Philadelphia Eagles fan. Just about every sports outlet have trashed these two teams, especially the Cowboys. AT&T Stadium felt like "Lambeau Field South" to the Packers in their runaway victory at Dallas. Philadelphia went from 10-1 to a depressingly mediocre finish. Even as a Houston Texans fan, the criticism of Dallas was absolutely warranted.

Anyhow, eight teams remain. The Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs is now. Here is the tenative schedule:

--- NFL 2023 Season Playoffs: Divisional Round ---
SATURDAY:
  • #4A HOU Texans at #1A BAL Ravens
  • #7N GB Packers at #1N SF 49ers

SUNDAY:
  • #4N TB Buccaneers at #3N DET Lions
  • #3A KC Chiefs at #2A BUF Bills

The 1st Round Bye teams finally get their chance to shine. Anything can happen, so don't assume we'll have a Ravens-49ers Super Bowl. Both top seeds might make it to the Super Bowl, one might make it, or even neither will. The winners of the Divisional Round will play next week in the Conference Championship round and be a step closer towards making the Super Bowl.

I'm concerned as a Houston Texans fan here, because we're 0-5 all-time in the Divisional Round of the Playoffs. Not once have we sniffed the Conference Championship round. Baltimore be ballin'. Earlier this year, we failed HARD at Baltimore- 25-9. It's tough to beat the same team twice, and teams either are better, worse, or indifferent in any rematch. The Texans had some great efforts cranking out wins on the road, like at the Jaguars, at the Bengals, at the Titans, and at the Colts [for a playoff berth]. Baltimore is a much different animal. Playoffs Baltimore is an even more different animal. The Texans have proven themselves to be on this stage. Now, it's time to prove they belong. Now is the time the 2023 Texans go farther than no other Texans team ever has gone. Can they do it? I am incredibly not confident. However, do I believe in the Texans despite this? You doggone right. To be the best, you got to beat the best. A win at the Ravens would be absolutely assuring. If the Texans win at the Ravens, their AFC Championship opponent will likely be on the road in the potentially cold setting, be it Kansas City or Buffalo. But first things first- try to defeat Baltimore in their house.

By the way, here are some quotes I dug up from older posts to this thread:

Well, Joey D, we might be trash here in Houston, but I do have some good vibes about the Houston Texans in 2023. I could realistically see them winning an AFC Wild Card if all things align correctly. We're going to struggle. Thing is, can we still contend and improve after a string of woeful seasons? Maybe we win the AFC South while the rest of the AFC South is garbage. That would be the most unrealistic and unlikely scenario.

Well, that happened (AFC South Champs).

The Lions are probably going to win the NFC North. Isn't that outrageous? :lol: Seriously though they are like 2 good drafts away from being a juggernaut. MC/DC BAYBEE

Yep. That also happened (DET winning NFC North).

You folks never know if your random ramblings can come true.

Enjoy the Divisional Round!

Last edited:
I just signed up to DAZN on my PS5, and got the remainder of the season for £14... not bad, plus access to previous seasons until August 1st.

The whole season pass is £150, a bit much for me since most games are on late here in the UK, so I will likely cancel after the Super Bowl, but £14 for the Championship games and the Super Bowl is pretty sweet - and it means I don't have to think about using ITVX in the UK, which is high in the running for Worst App in History (Sky Go being a tough act to follow).

-

Oh, and my boss finally accepted my leave request for the Monday after the Super Bowl - I had to arrange for someone to fill in for me at a meeting that morning before she would accept my request :rolleyes:
Don't use DAZN on a tablet. It's awful.

John, Stroud was the best QB in the draft. The Texans should be significantly better.

Miami got Achane in round 3, which is awesome. Not sure what the Bears are doing by not picking Jalen Carter, but Philly seemingly hit the jackpot and should be just fine when their veterans on the defense retire.
If we’re gonna quote old posts… 😄

Did they already do coach of the year? Because Demeco Ryans is totally coach of the year.

Nobody pay any mind to the fact that the Dolphins are now the most playoff-impoverished franchise in the NFL.
You won 2 Super Bowls. That's more successful than the Jets AND you've done it more recently. You've also been to 5 Super Bowls. The issue is your team has no idea what to do when it gets to the playoffs, as you haven't won a playoff game in 24 years. Still, it's better than the Jets (and the Bills, who went to four straight SB and lost all of them).

We're also perfect.

But every other team has won a playoff game over the past 32 years when Miami last experienced post-season victory. Such is the price of perfection.

If you Dallas Cowboys fans want Mike McCarthy gone as coach, he's apparently staying according to reports. So get used to him for at least one more year.

I don't know... maybe Dallas knows something we don't know. Some people and some teams finally get it right after a long time of trying. Some others... same old song and dance.

Anyhow (and honestly @Joey D ), how do you feel about your Detroit Lions at this point? Could they possibly go on a Super Bowl run?

Imagine having someone like Belichick available and you decide to keep the choke artist McCarthy.
Jerry Jones either doesn't want someone who thinks (or knows) he knows football better than he does or he refuses to let someone else be GM.

Anyhow (and honestly @Joey D ), how do you feel about your Detroit Lions at this point? Could they possibly go on a Super Bowl run?
I feel like we're playing with house money. Whether we win or not, it doesn't really matter since we got the whole not winning a playoff game monkey off our back. I think they can beat the Bucs though, but both the Packers and 49ers will be difficult. I want them to play the Packers though since an all NFC North Championship sounds awesome, and if they make it to the Super Bowl, I want it to be a Lake Erie Bowl with the Lions playing the Bills.

Las Vegas Raiders- get to know your new Head Coach (or at least being finalized): Antonio Pierce. I'm hopeful he can coach LV well in the future.

He was a great player for us defensively in NY. I think he's another one of those player's coaches. GL Raider-Nation!

Jerome

The Divisional Round of the 2023 NFL season begins today. As a reminder, here are the matches:

• HOU Texans at BAL Ravens
  • GB Packers at SF 49ers
  • TB Buccaneers at DET Lions
  • KC Chiefs at BUF Bills

Winners of these games will be one step closer to playing in Super Bowl LVIII in Paradise, NV, USA. Eight will become four after this round.

Enjoy this weekend's games!

I was nervous about this game, hoping the Houston Texans can pull off a shocker at the Baltimore Ravens today. Tied at 10 at Halftime, the Houston Texans ended up losing 34-10 at the Baltimore Ravens. The Texans have never made the AFC Championship Game, and they are now still looking for their first AFC Championship Game in team history.

I knew going to Baltimore was going to be like going to Hell, and the Ravens tortured the Texans tonight. This team is still relatively rebuilding despite their strong form over time. This team did great even seemingly playing on house money. They knew it wasn't going to be easy to beat Baltimore. It wasn't like they were expected to stun Baltimore. It isn't like how Dallas and Philadelphia blew their opportunities. They failed bad at Baltimore in Week 1, and they failed again tonight. For them to go to double-digit wins followed by winning their division, the "Turnaround Texans" have done much more than what was expected of them this season (even by me). The next NFL action I'll be watching will be the Super Bowl. Too bad the Texans won't be part of it this season.

Up next for the Houston Texans: 2024 NFL Draft...

Congratulations to the eventual Super Bowl Champions!

My Houston Texans are finished. Now, so are the Green Bay Packers. I think some sports shows were thinking of maybe a Texans-Packers Super Bowl in terms of young talent rising to the occasion. However, it's the Green Bay Packers getting 86'ed with a 24-21 loss in Santa Clara. The Niners will host the winner of Buccaneers-Lions.

Half of the Championship Round was determined yesterday. Today, the AFC Championship and NFC Championship opponents will be determined. Will the Ravens meet the Bills or Chiefs? Will the 49ers meet the Buccaneers or Lions? We find out today.

Enjoy today's games!

1000008900.jpg

I kind of teared up a bit at the shot with Aiden Hutch soaking it all in after they won their final game at Ford Field for the season, appreciating all those fans and their pure joy.

Early spread has SF at -7 ,seems a bit high....
The Lions' secondary is trash so it doesn't really surprise me. I suspect it'll be a high-scoring affair.

But fun fact, when the Lions won the championship in 1957, they had to beat the 49ers in San Francisco to advance to the final game against the Browns. So here's to history repeating itself.

The Lions' secondary is trash so it doesn't really surprise me. I suspect it'll be a high-scoring affair.

But fun fact, when the Lions won the championship in 1957, they had to beat the 49ers in San Francisco to advance to the final game against the Browns. So here's to history repeating itself.
404: History not found. Browns are currently sitting at home and will not be in the championship.
lolchiefswin
It is incredible how Buffalo keeps finding ways to lose. This time they went retro and pulled a Scott Norwood.

@Joey D were you at the game by chance? Just curious. Congrats on the win dude!

Jerome

Back