2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
I'm going to be so insufferable if the Lions manage to beat the Chiefs.
The Lions are probably going to win the NFC North. Isn't that outrageous? :lol: Seriously though they are like 2 good drafts away from being a juggernaut. MC/DC BAYBEE

The Lions are probably going to win the NFC North. Isn't that outrageous? :lol: Seriously though they are like 2 good drafts away from being a juggernaut. MC/DC BAYBEE
As much as I want the Lions to win the NFC North, I'm not sure they will. The Vikings are still a team that can win the division. Thankfully, Chicago is a trainwreck and I really doubt Jordan Love leads the Packers to the promised land since I watched him at Utah State.

Although, if they do beat the Cheifs tomorrow night, I'm putting money on them to win the North and the Super Bowl because I'm Kool-Aid drunk.

GTPlaneteers, let me ask you one very important question...

Are you ready for some football?

That's right, mates... the NFL is back in business! No more Preseason. This is all about that grind to make it to the Super Bowl (or "The Big Game") and hoist the Lombardi Trophy. All 32 teams are eligible and have a chance to become Champions. The journey begins this week and this weekend.

We got the Detroit Lions at the Kansas City Chiefs to kick off the new season. Enjoy tonight's action!

Holy crap the Lions almost had a SOL moment but they won. Their defense is out of control good. They dominated the trenches. Look for Kansas City to give Chris Jones whatever he wants after this one 😂

JOEYYY DEEEEEE Dude I'm excited to see what your Lions do this year without having to dig themselves out of a huge hole. I know the Chiefs are sans two of their best players, but that's not Detroit's fault; that's the NFL baby.

I hope my Giants never go for it on 4th and 25 in our own territory 😧

Jerome

Last edited:
JOEYYY DEEEEEE Dude I'm excited to see what your Lions do this year without having to dig themselves out of a huge hole. I know the Chiefs are sans two of their best players, but that's not Detroit's fault; that's the NFL baby.

I hope my Giants never go for it on 4th and 25 in our own territory 😧

Jerome
Think Andy Reid learnt that one from Bill O'Brien and the infamous playoff game against the Texans.

Welcome to the first regular season Sunday of this season of NFL football this season! It is time to see what teams can assert themselves and become contenders. Remember that you don't have to be undefeated to have a chance at the championship. Also remember losing in Week 1 doesn't mean the season is over. So just take in the first week of the season and make the needed adjustments if need be.

Enjoy this week's games!

The first game of the 2023 for the Houston Texans ends in a 25-9 loss. I figured the Texans were probably going to get rocked in Baltimore, and I was right. The Texans' defense was the only real shining element. The Baltimore Ravens led at halftime 7-6. Since then, it was pretty much all Baltimore as the Texans failed three times on 4th down and failed to find the end zone all game long. They did convert on 4th Down late in the game, but it was inconsequential. Rebuilding this team is what I think 2023 will be all about. This didn't help matters too much.

Next game: vs. IND Colts. Both of these teams will be looking for their first win of 2023.

Congratulations to all other winners this week! That is... assuming your favorite team(s) won. Or what did your beloved teams do this week?

I’ve never seen such perfect execution and such abysmal failure in such close proximity, physical and temporal. Such is Miami Dolphins football.

Amazing win vs LAC

Abysmal failure would be a good description of the Bengals today. I think a mix of the weather and no preseason practice really had an effect on Burrow. It rained a good portion of the game, and he couldn't get a grip on the ball, missing passes left and right. The timing wasn't quite there either with the lack of reps. And with a wet game putting an emphasis on the running game, Cincinnati simply couldn't get anything going on the ground. Not surprising, as Mixon struggled last season, as well. Odd because of how well they ran two years ago. Like John's Texans, the endzone remained elusive.

Final: 24-3 Cleveland. Ugh.

Abysmal failure would be a good description of the Bengals today. I think a mix of the weather and no preseason practice really had an effect on Burrow. It rained a good portion of the game, and he couldn't get a grip on the ball, missing passes left and right. The timing wasn't quite there either with the lack of reps. And with a wet game putting an emphasis on the running game, Cincinnati simply couldn't get anything going on the ground. Not surprising, as Mixon struggled last season, as well. Odd because of how well they ran two years ago. Like John's Texans, the endzone remained elusive.

Final: 24-3 Cleveland. Ugh.
They might want to re-think not playing any of the starters during the pre-season shtick. The Bengals looked like they were poised to return to the Bungles.

They might want to re-think not playing any of the starters during the pre-season shtick. The Bengals looked like they were poised to return to the Bungles.
Burrow was pulled in the 4th quarter when it became obvious the deficit would not be overcome. You would imagine they would keep him out there to get some more work with the team, but I think he was still nursing the calf injury that kept him out of the preseason to begin with. They didn't want to risk it being worse.

Worst game in Giants history? Certainly worst season opener. What. A. Disaster. It's like last year never happened.

Jerome

Worst game in Giants history? Certainly worst season opener. What. A. Disaster. It's like last year never happened.

Jerome
Yeah, I turned it off. Maybe they'll forget about it. Wouldn't be very tactful to talk about a New York collapse on 9/11.

Our kicker who can't make a game-saving PAT can drill 71-yarders LOL

1CdpmAr.png

Dunno who else had the Dolphins game, but the CBS broadcast was atrocious. They had the PA system piped so loud into the broadcast that it was playing over Harlan and Green. I wonder if it was coming through their broadcast mics. Whoever was DJing the stadium needs to be shot. If that was so loud that it was coming through Harlan's mic the whole game, then SoFi must be the worst stadium experience in the whole league. The PA was completely obnoxious with all manner of ADHD noises and music selections. It gave me a migraine and I almost puked during the 2nd quarter since my HDR TV was going nuts with the shadow and light blasting my retinas out (although it was cool to feel like you were actually squinting at the sun).

Our kicker who can't make a game-saving PAT can drill 71-yarders LOL

1CdpmAr.png

Dunno who else had the Dolphins game, but the CBS broadcast was atrocious. They had the PA system piped so loud into the broadcast that it was playing over Harlan and Green. I wonder if it was coming through their broadcast mics. Whoever was DJing the stadium needs to be shot. If that was so loud that it was coming through Harlan's mic the whole game, then SoFi must be the worst stadium experience in the whole league. The PA was completely obnoxious with all manner of ADHD noises and music selections. It gave me a migraine and I almost puked during the 2nd quarter since my HDR TV was going nuts with the shadow and light blasting my retinas out (although it was cool to feel like you were actually squinting at the sun).
YES! Oh man, it kept souring an otherwise fantastic game.

Jerome

Letting your $160 million QB continue to get hit when you're getting blown out instead of subbing in Tyrod Taylor is certainly a choice. At least the Giants get the Cardinals next week so that should be a redemption game.

It's still not as embarrassing as the highest-paid NFL player ever finishing a game with a 45% competition percentage, 82 yds, and no touchdowns though right after inking his mega deal.

Texans O-line causing CJ to get circa 1s on his reads. Yeah that needs to change quickly if we want a offensive that threatens the goal line.

My Houston Texans failed at the Baltimore Ravens yesterday, losing 25-9. This, though is what we call a "scorigami." A scorigami is a situation where a game ends in a unique final score. If there was never such a score in the history of the NFL, the game is told to be a scorigami. What is sad is that Houston has been part of two scorigamis, losing both. More info here on the latest one: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-thats-never-been-seen-before-in-nfl-history/ . Yay.

Bills at Jets TONIGHT!

The first Monday Night Football of the 2023 NFL Season involves two AFC East heavyweights with Super Bowl aspirations.

• Forecast: 76F, Clear/Fair
  • Favored: BUF -2.0
  • Over/Under: 45.5 points

Enjoy tonight's game!

Completely unexpected Rams win. Our no name noobs did a good job, although I don't know what happened to the Seahawks after the break.

Lol Mets Jets

I don't want players to get hurt, but you could see this coming from a mile away. I mean what did they think was going to happen with an iffy o-line and a 39 year old QB?

Well you know, I've been a Jets fan for a while now....

Going on 24 hours now.

Jerome

Last edited:

Jerome
What were the issues?

I only saw the "highlights" since I fell asleep before it started.

The O-line can't suck again can it....

Last edited:
Well you know, I've been a Jets fan for a while now....

Going on 24 hours now.

Jerome
At least they managed to win with the Stormin Mormon at the helm against a supposedly good team. But they were helped immensely by Allen thinking Whitehead was wearing blue instead of white.

What were the issues?

I only saw the "highlights" since I fell asleep before it started.

The O-line can't suck again can it....
Literally everything. I refuse to believe the Cowboys defense is this good, but they made the Giants look like a D2 college team. Every hit was a fumble, every pass was a tip interception or near pick. Cowboys just played out of their minds... domination in every phase.

Back