3D Modelling, Post your 3D models! (Cars, Planes, People, Landscapes etc!)

Hold on, that was your model that Tool831 converted? I ended up beta testing and creating physics for that model, that was certainly an epic model, great job! đź‘Ť

R8 above looks fantastic too, can we expect it in any games, possibly?

Yep, that was indeed my model. A friend also helped with it quite a bit by tweaking a few errors I made and adding an interior/engine. Some older pics of it lurk in my photobucket and DeviantArt pages. :)
Anyway some more random pics:
Venom V350T (my own dream car):

Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi (somewhat modeled after the truck my dad used to have):

Some day I will get around to finishing some cars... lol

Wait, about the polygon count. Does that mean that YOU out 130000+ polygons, or the computer rendered it to 130000+ polygons?

Wait, about the polygon count. Does that mean that YOU out 130000+ polygons, or the computer rendered it to 130000+ polygons?

The actual model I create is substantially less, but I use a tool to subdivide everything and the mesh becomes the 130000+

Last edited:
I've now completed more of the r8! :dopey:

Here are pics:
audi.jpg

audi2.jpg

Nice work using Sketchup, I used to use Maya and 3DS Max along with Bryce and some rendering programs a while ago at university, I also use Sketchup on a regular basis and you have pulled and extremely fantastic model out of the program, my hat goes off to you as to get that kind of detail out of it is fantastic. Congratulations.

@Thedrummingking

So once you created the model in SketchUp, how are you rendering that fantastic looking final image?

I'm a noob to 3D modelling (lots of 2D design work though), but you have inspired me to give it a go!

A new project I am working on...

And a bit of info Here
I like the design! Keep up the good work! :)

Nice work using Sketchup, I used to use Maya and 3DS Max along with Bryce and some rendering programs a while ago at university, I also use Sketchup on a regular basis and you have pulled and extremely fantastic model out of the program, my hat goes off to you as to get that kind of detail out of it is fantastic. Congratulations.
First off, thank you! :dopey: I also have 3DSMax, but have not been able to figure it out.. And about the level of detail in the model, look a bit farther down.. :sly:
@Thedrummingking

So once you created the model in SketchUp, how are you rendering that fantastic looking final image?

I'm a noob to 3D modelling (lots of 2D design work though), but you have inspired me to give it a go!
[YOUTUBEHD]5LcLPPz0fWM[/YOUTUBEHD]
I use the plug-in in this video to make the model go from the rough outline I create to the final product, and also thank you! It's nice to know my work is inspiring! :)
Great work. I'd love to know which program you're using to render the model; you've inspired me to take on a similar project myself. :)

Again thank you for saying my work is inspiring! :)
The rendering program I use is Kerkythea, just go to kerkythea.net and download it. :) It's free. :dopey:

Hehe, I kinda aim to make my models game-quality, since I really would prefer to have them all in various games. Some of my cars have recently been put into games, such as my Ferrari F50, which went into TDU. A few of my cars also made it into World Racing 2, such as my Ford RS200 and Lancia 037 Stradale.
I'd love to get my planes in FSX or possibly X-Plane when I get the game, but I really am too lazy to learn how to convert them into game models with functional control surfaces and other moving bits and pieces.

If you are going to make use of your models in game you will have to learn to do low poly count models. Until the XBOX 360 and the PS3 most gaming model were kept under 15k for the main character and 6 k for weapons and such. the new consoles can handle up to 100k for a race car. With the poly count you have now you are going to have to use a multi res tool on it to get it down to where you can you put it in a game. I have been using 3DS Max 8 for a little over 5 years now and still don't know everything about that program LOL. I can't access my models from this computer but as soon as I can get my laptop back up and running I'll post some rendered images and models to show you the basics of low poly gaming models. Gaming models can be kept down in size by using good quality textures on low poly count models. Hope this helps you.

If you are going to make use of your models in game you will have to learn to do low poly count models. Until the XBOX 360 and the PS3 most gaming model were kept under 15k for the main character and 6 k for weapons and such. the new consoles can handle up to 100k for a race car. With the poly count you have now you are going to have to use a multi res tool on it to get it down to where you can you put it in a game. I have been using 3DS Max 8 for a little over 5 years now and still don't know everything about that program LOL. I can't access my models from this computer but as soon as I can get my laptop back up and running I'll post some rendered images and models to show you the basics of low poly gaming models. Gaming models can be kept down in size by using good quality textures on low poly count models. Hope this helps you.

lol, I already know quite a bit about putting models in games. I used to model cars for NFS4, NFS5, and even put one in NFS:HP2. I have a few cars in World Racing 2 that someone else converted, along with my Ferrari F50 in TDU. Given the state of racing games now, a 30-50,000 polygon car is quite acceptable. Remember, GT5 has 200,000 poly cars after all :P
My aircraft are similar in that regard also. Most FSX planes are in the same range for the higher detailed ones. Most of my planes only have around 20-40,000 polygons for just the aircraft itself. Only when I add rather detailed weapons it jumps up. My only issue is texturing, which I am rather mediocre with. This is mainly due to my lack of skill in Photoshop, along with substantial amounts of laziness lol...

Also, here is one of my lower poly cars, which is a hair under 10,000 triangles:

Anyone know how to do a .avi or other kind of vid out of a 3D model (Catia V5)? Yes, I'm talking about my rig project. Thanks.

Here is a room model I did for design class, turned out better than I expected really..
sample14.jpg

2010interior3dconcept01.jpg

Tell me what you think! :)

Here is a room model I did for design class, turned out better than I expected really..
sample14.jpg

2010interior3dconcept01.jpg

Tell me what you think! :)

It's very nice! I really like the hardwood floor, looks very realistic! :dopey:

What rendering program did you use? Looks sort of like Kerkythea. đź’ˇ

lol, I already know quite a bit about putting models in games. I used to model cars for NFS4, NFS5, and even put one in NFS:HP2. I have a few cars in World Racing 2 that someone else converted, along with my Ferrari F50 in TDU. Given the state of racing games now, a 30-50,000 polygon car is quite acceptable. Remember, GT5 has 200,000 poly cars after all :P
My aircraft are similar in that regard also. Most FSX planes are in the same range for the higher detailed ones. Most of my planes only have around 20-40,000 polygons for just the aircraft itself. Only when I add rather detailed weapons it jumps up. My only issue is texturing, which I am rather mediocre with. This is mainly due to my lack of skill in Photoshop, along with substantial amounts of laziness lol...

Also, here is one of my lower poly cars, which is a hair under 10,000 triangles:

have you ever thought of turning that into an rfactor mod. It is amazing.

Here is some images of a model I did for my final project in 3D Modeling.
BMW_850_3-4.jpg

BMW_850_Angle.jpg

BMW_850_Interior.jpg

BMW_850_Left.jpg

BMW_850_Side.jpg

BMW_850_Right.jpg

BMW_850_Tire.jpg

BMW_850_Tireview.jpg

I have other models that I am working for a custom map for Battlefield 1942. Like a B25 Mitchell, a supply ship with a helicopter pad on the aft of the ship, plus a few weapons like a M107 and a XM109 to be used in BFV I'll see if I can render and upload a screen shot of where I'm at on those models when I can. P.S. I wish I could put that BMW into GT1 :D

Last edited:
Couple more planes I am working on...
ARB-X (Advanced Regional Bomber):

FV-32 Chameleon STOVL (Short Take Off, Vertical Landing) Fighter:

Are they any free easy (or maybe not so easy) programs I could download that do what you guys are doing as well?

This is our latest project:

hyttevraysketchup.jpg

It's just a rough model with basic shapes to get the point across. IDX Renderitions doesn't currently work for SketchUp 8 so I had to go with the Vray 30-day trial.

Project was a small house for an author at the seaside so we tried to keep it simple, yet keeping the view.

If I manage to put some details in it it should turn out a lot better đź‘Ť

Latest Posts

Back