Alfa Romeo Giulia 2016

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 578 comments
I can't tell you how I wish there was a naturally aspirated V6 variant of this car. The QF is too nuts, and a 4 cylinder in a car like this just seems wrong.

I'd be interested in the hybrid tech for the powertrain if such a Giulia Quadrifoglio coupe ever becomes real.

:odd: It's been the standard engine type for European cars in this segment for 60+ years

I'm not disputing that. But don't forget this segment has also always been known for a wide range of engine options and the gulf between the standard engine in the Giulia and the next model up is enormous...its either 280hp or 505hp. A ~350hp 6-cylinder option (similar to what BMW, Audi, Lexus, Cadillac, Kia offer) would be great. Of course, if these were the days of sub-3,000lbs/1300kg compact executive cars, I'd be more than happy with a 4-cylinder variant.

Are these cars rare outside of the EU? The local dealers here put them and Maseratis at most of the shopping centers to get people talking.

I kind of agree that there should be model between the 2.0 turbo and the 3.0 twin turbo but I think that at BMW Mercedes etc. there's a big difference between the turbo four and turbo six so what are ya gonna do?

Further the day of the n/a six is over?

I get it though... the BMW 330 is now a turbo four. I think us old school hate fours so... but then are you going to pay twice the price to get to a six?

Are these cars rare outside of the EU? The local dealers here put them and Maseratis at most of the shopping centers to get people talking.

I kind of agree that there should be model between the 2.0 turbo and the 3.0 twin turbo but I think that at BMW Mercedes etc. there's a big difference between the turbo four and turbo six so what are ya gonna do?

Further the day of the n/a six is over?

I get it though... the BMW 330 is now a turbo four. I think us old school hate fours so... but then are you going to pay twice the price to get to a six?

Where is here for you? Cause I've seen plenty so far in the states. About 5 of the highest end ones.

I'm lucky enough to have an Alfa dealer in my county so I've seen quite a few. The dealer had a blue QV out front last time I drove by.

The Giulia looks a little awkward with the front license plate though.

They are reasonably popular around me (Marin county, Ca) and I see them probably more often than I see new Jaguars. A few per week I would say. Nothing compared to the waves of grey German sedans, but I must admit more popular than I had imagined. Most of the ones I've seen are the top spec QF.

They're not that common in the UK. I've yet to see a Giulia on the road, and I think that's a reflection of the numbers.... 2018 Q1 Alfa has sold 1,458 cars in total here in the UK. Compare that to the 50,000+ figure for the likes of Mercedes and it does make spotting one in a sea of German metal less likely.

I finally saw a modern Alfa Romeo earlier this year with the Stelvio. I haven't, however, seen anything like the Giulia yet. It is a car I surely would want to see in person whether on the road or at some gathering (like a car dealer or a car show). I still think the Giulia is a beautiful car. Not totally gorgeous, but beautiful in its own way.

Saw one of these in red around where I work, absolutely love it far more than before seeing it in person.

There's a red Guilia Veloce that I see most days, it's a stunning car. I'm hugely tempted to wait a couple of years and buy one, but the Mini is over 4 years old now and wants replacing before her 5th. Maybe the car after the next.

They're not that common in the UK. I've yet to see a Giulia on the road, and I think that's a reflection of the numbers.... 2018 Q1 Alfa has sold 1,458 cars in total here in the UK. Compare that to the 50,000+ figure for the likes of Mercedes and it does make spotting one in a sea of German metal less likely.
I've seen quite a few, including 2 Quad' in person and a distant family friend has bought one.

Certainly not common enough in diesel form amongst the company car folks but I guess that was always a challenge with the Hybrid friendly BIK.

It finally happened, GTPlanet. I saw an Alfa Romeo Giulia earlier today! The car is incredibly gorgeous. It was in red- which I prefer most Alfa Romeos in anyways. After seeing it in commercials and in media, I was glad finally seeing this thing in person. So that is now two modern Alfa Romeos I've seen.

This is encouraging; 2017 Giulia QV with 1,953 miles for $59,995. If I can pick one up for around $50k this time next year I'm pulling the trigger.

91734c5c035041d297fc662d1d0782d1.jpg

Aside from some issues with the infotainment system, I haven't heard of any mechanical problems with them yet. I read on one of the Giulia forums that FCA has even been offering extended warranties for owners of 2017 MY already.

That seems like a stellar deal compared to what others are pricing at: $59,990 for 21,614 miles (MSRP: $76,700), $59,991 for 12,859 miles, $59,995 for 1,953 miles (MSRP: $77,420).

The market is really wide.

Last edited:
I shudder to think at the maintenance costs of one of these things out of warranty.

They are quite awesome though.

Probably within a few thousands of a comparable AMG/M/RS model, or basically avoid with a 10 foot pole.

--

I still haven't seen more than a handful of these in the flesh (outside of autoshows and Alfa dealerships), no matter the trim level.

I'm lucky enough to live near a FIAT/Alfa dealer so I have seen all the models in the flesh. I'm warming up to even a TI Sport AWD model with the 2.0T as a fallback option. Especially when I could get it to sound like this:

This is encouraging; 2017 Giulia QV with 1,953 miles for $59,995. If I can pick one up for around $50k this time next year I'm pulling the trigger.

91734c5c035041d297fc662d1d0782d1.jpg

I shudder to think at the maintenance costs of one of these things out of warranty.

They are quite awesome though.
Jesus, they're depreciating that bad with only 2,000 miles?

I've seen quite a few Giulias in my area actually, though a lot of people in my town have money and I had to pleasure of seeing them up close at auto shows. This is one of my own recent pictures of a Giulia from a dealership I went to in Sterling VA, I was going to a job interview nearby.

Tony's Pictures - Galaxy S8 397.jpg

The Alfa Romeo Giulia still captivates me every time I see one. It is a beautifully-styled automobile with plenty of charm. It has luxurious appeal while also being plenty fierce. I still love this car today.

Desperately needs the coupe and a mid teer 350/380hp model.

Given the pathetic sales im stunned a dealer would not budge on the price for the quadrofnto(whatever) even said 6 month waiting, wonder if that was legit.

Desperately needs the coupe and a mid teer 350/380hp model.

Given the pathetic sales im stunned a dealer would not budge on the price for the quadrofnto(whatever) even said 6 month waiting, wonder if that was legit.

What pathetic sales? Other than the declined sales already highlighted in this thread for the month of January MY19

Back