Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

Not a fan of using the term EVO but whatever. Just nice to see something about it.
I think it's fitting for the times. Almost every new race car has EVO in all caps stuck somewhere in its name. Just hope they can live up to the name because the word EVO sets the bar pretty high in terms of "evolving the sim racing genre" as a whole.

You know what would be the best solution for us?

That AC2 would be 100% compatible with AC1 mods.

It's not going to happen because it would hamper the sales but it'd be amazing.

I think it's fitting for the times. Almost every new race car has EVO in all caps stuck somewhere in its name. Just hope they can live up to the name because the word EVO sets the bar pretty high in terms of "evolving the sim racing genre" as a whole.
That's exactly why I'm not a fan of it. An overused cliché slapped on any GT3 car, for example, because they put a new flap or body part or whatever on the car. It's just overused. Just my feeling anyways.
You know what would be the best solution for us?

That AC2 would be 100% compatible with AC1 mods.

It's not going to happen because it would hamper the sales but it'd be amazing.
I would hope that they wouldn't be compatible and they probably won't be. Not for sales so to say but AC has a one point ancient tire model that even ACC has shown much improvement over. That's not a 1:1 transfer at all. I would assume that the most you could transfer would be a model but that the physics would have to be completely redone and a whole new pipeline established in order to comply with an all new physics engine. I couldn't imagine the disappointment if Kunos just rereleased the original Assetto Corsa with some lipstick slapped on it. lol

I think the EVO in the title can mean many different things. Are they going to evolve in a less of a sim title to a simcade type deal? Is it going to be a reskin with better physics and car list? Is it going to be more controller friendly? Will is still have the crappy career mode? Who knows but we will definitely find out.

kjb
I think the EVO in the title can mean many different things. Are they going to evolve in a less of a sim title to a simcade type deal? Is it going to be a reskin with better physics and car list? Is it going to be more controller friendly? Will is still have the crappy career mode? Who knows but we will definitely find out.
I don't think they'd ever move to a more simcade style of physics engine. The whole community saw what happened when SMS tried that and it was essentially brand and studio suicide. Then they were absorbed into Codemasters and we'll never see how pure kino Project CARS 4 was going to be, as the lord Ian Bell himself was suggesting.

It's probably going to be on Unreal Engine like ACC, maybe UR5 which would be interesting. Use the physics engine from that game and open the type of content in it up to a wider range of road models.

I think it'll be interesting to see which modes Kunos expands upon because if they've been anywhere near the community or online section of the game in the last few years, they'd probably see that the free roam and cruising community is the largest demographic of players using the game right now. Maybe they'd include some small degree of car customization in the stock game to try and appeal to that demographic a bit more.

AC is an amazing game and we here all play it a ton of course, but without mods it was a pretty sterile experience in the base game. When Kunos is claiming here they're basically going to revamp the definition of what an Assetto Corsa game is, it makes me pretty excited, but also pretty nervous about what they have in store.

That's exactly why I'm not a fan of it. An overused cliché slapped on any GT3 car, for example, because they put a new flap or body part or whatever on the car. It's just overused. Just my feeling anyways.
I see "EVO" a little differently lol. Like in real life, a car manufacturer like Lamborghini Squadra Corse for example, they record heaps upon heaps of data about everything on the Huracan from all their affiliated customer teams, then when the new homologation cycle comes up, they pour over all of it and try to find every improvement they can make from body panels, to suspension, to driver ergonomics, to software controlling all of the cars' electronics. An EVO is basically an entire refresh of the car even if they look pretty similar and share a base chassis. So it makes me wonder just how much of an overhaul we're looking at here to the Assetto Corsa formula.

Will we see an open map mode to cater to the cruising enthusiasts that have taken over the game? Will we see rolling starts and proper flag rules from ACC come into the wider range of car classes this game has to offer? Will there be multiclass support at launch? Will they add in any degree of car customization beyond tuning sheets? It's an interesting question for sure.

Last edited:
I play on the console so I would love to see some what is on the PC be available on consoles. I also believe that they are going to use their own engine and not Unreal 5 . Have to do a search and be sure. If they have some customization of cars and keep the custom championships I have a blast

But there's another news there that says its a mistake,,and that ac2 is now ac evo, and will release in 2024.
I dont know, weird if true, maybe focus is changed for the game somewhat.

What's the mistake?
I mean, that ac2 is cancelled or pushed to 2025, as this other news says its actually changed name to ac evo and coming in 2024.

Anyhow, i see someone posted the ac evo news now, posts didn't all appear at 1st for the tread.

But there's another news there that says its a mistake,,and that ac2 is now ac evo, and will release in 2024.
I dont know, weird if true, maybe focus is changed for the game somewhat.
It was the QR code that was on the Nords track billboards in ACC that took you to that 20 second video. Which was probably made while they were making the track. Things have changed and it looks like they didn't care to fix it. 😄
They never officially said it would be called AC2 either, we all did.

(also, it was fun trying to refind the thread while you changed the name of it) 😂

Last edited:
We posted it on Monday...
Ok, didnt see that, but my post was about that false rumor post here, i should have made a reply to that specific post so its clear.
Good to know, and its not a declaration that you made a mistake, relax..😋

Edit: just read the news on here for ac evo, says probably only in 2025 for console.., oh well.

But it mentions it will be probably ue5, but i read before they did state they were going back to an in-house developed engine for the sequel of ac, so i dont know.
I would prefer they do use their own rather than ue.
Edit2: it's a little easy to miss posts with having posts hidden when you go view a thread , unless you click the view more posts icon.

Last edited:
Apart from the name being widely discussed, I don't see any thoughts on the subtitle. Are those 3 words to be read in one phrase? Driving Simulation Evolved? or as 3 different entities? Driving. Simulation. Evolved.
I find it interesting they use 'driving' and not 'racing' I remember them mentioning some novel gameplay ideas they were working on as a kind of career mode. wonder if the 'driving' will be more embedded in that career in maybe different ways than what we have seen before. knowing the cruising aspect in online lobbies has always been very successful...
Also I remember Aris saying we will be blown away and I wonder if this is about the gameplay, the simulation aspect, the graphics,...

Last edited:
Driver61 just rolled out an AI counterpart to help you drive faster. (PC only I believe). I wonder if this game will have some similar sort of thing since they are hyping the whole evolved thing and with Sophys success.

If they still have the driver rating system from ACC where it gives you a score on consistency, speed, etc. I hope they fix/tweak it because I recall both times when I first played the game that system gave me high marks initially when first setting up my accounts, but then it got drastically hard once the intro was completed. It was kind of a shady move imo due to no emphasis on HOW you should be faster. But that system could be bomb if you have an ai assistant in your headset. Fingers crossed!

Jerome

Driver61 just rolled out an AI counterpart to help you drive faster. (PC only I believe). I wonder if this game will have some similar sort of thing since they are hyping the whole evolved thing and with Sophys success.

If they still have the driver rating system from ACC where it gives you a score on consistency, speed, etc. I hope they fix/tweak it because I recall both times when I first played the game that system gave me high marks initially when first setting up my accounts, but then it got drastically hard once the intro was completed. It was kind of a shady move imo due to no emphasis on HOW you should be faster. But that system could be bomb if you have an ai assistant in your headset. Fingers crossed!

Jerome
Very curious about it. Where is it possible to find details?

Thanks

Well, providing support to VR on PS5 is up to Kunos, if they want to move the VR work from the PC version to console it is their decision, not Sony.

I’m fine without VR for this game. I love the instrument panel without the steering wheel. Though the POV peripheral vision isn’t the greatest, ACC and even old PS4 AC give enough sensory information for immersion.
Just add the Supra and Mustang GT4 cars, classic 2002 and 510, a couple Super Touring cars(Primera and anything else) and I’m good on console.

Back