Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

It's all together as far as I know.
Then I guess they didn't address the AI cars getting lapped. They act like they are going to get out of the way until you start to pass then they speed up and get in your way again. I can't tell that much difference in the AI in general so far. I still get them sitting side by side blocking the track for quite awhile. And I can't tell that they are more aware of you being around them yet. But this is the first day of the update and maybe after more races there might be some difference.

Then I guess they didn't address the AI cars getting lapped. They act like they are going to get out of the way until you start to pass then they speed up and get in your way again. I can't tell that much difference in the AI in general so far. I still get them sitting side by side blocking the track for quite awhile. And I can't tell that they are more aware of you being around them yet. But this is the first day of the update and maybe after more races there might be some difference.
Yes, they are more aware of player's car. They attack and defend better. BUT lapped cars are still dangerous. They don't give space.

Anyways, the last update is very well done.

Could it be the best sim of 2023? Maybe... If just AMS2 had more licensed tracks. But it seems Le Mans is on the way.

Last edited:
Just dipped my toes in ams2 today for the first time.
Nordschleife + BMW 2002 + VR = Chef's kiss.

One of the few rare games that let's you dance around the slip angle and throw the back in properly.

No idea if it's realistic but holy hell is it fun.

Just dipped my toes in ams2 today for the first time.
Nordschleife + BMW 2002 + VR = Chef's kiss.

One of the few rare games that let's you dance around the slip angle and throw the back in properly.

No idea if it's realistic but holy hell is it fun.
Cool. Welcome to the party.
AMS2 is at the top of the list for me. Having some amazing races. Last nights unexpected fun came from SuperKarts at Ruapuna Park. 😄
Might be a new mod track teaser coming soon too said a little birdie.

What does the season pass get you?

I'm a GT7 player but currently setting up a rig with PC support. I'm curious if AM2 might be my first venture into PC racing.

Honestly? More cars and tracks than you're likely to ever be able to use! It is a fair bit of money but it's a lot of content for it. If you catch it on sale it's real value. You have to be a bit careful as there's a bunch of different bundle versions they sell and not every bundle will necessarily be on sale, but you can check out the contents heree, anyway.

Honestly? More cars and tracks than you're likely to ever be able to use! It is a fair bit of money but it's a lot of content for it. If you catch it on sale it's real value. You have to be a bit careful as there's a bunch of different bundle versions they sell and not every bundle will necessarily be on sale, but you can check out the contents heree, anyway.

Okay, if it is a long term thing that won't disappear then it's probably worth it. I was not sure as it was mentioned as "season pass" so that sounded like it make have been a limited, time constrained, thing that might expire.

POOGERS.png

Not sure if it is just me, however graphics seem better. I can not really comment to much on other Sims. Really like all the camera, seat adjustments, fov adjustments, and so much more that you can do in AMS2. Not sure how many know this, however you can also adjust your mirrors. When you adjust your mirrors it makes a big difference. With respect to being able to really dial in field of view for your taste.

Not played for a while, got a quest 3 hooked up with virtual desktop, had a quick test last night, only had my joypad out, wow so clear and smooth this is recorded internally in the headset, didn't have to set up pc recording lie i usually do, see what you guys think....

I did not get AM2 during the sale as I was not really ready to jump in at the time - still not. However I did download the trial. I think I read that the trial is not up to date with the current capabilities of the actual game. Is that right?

The biggest issue for me was that I felt totally lost in it. I'm coming from the PS5 side with GT7 and I had trouble working in the PC interface. I never really got it to work with my Fanatec DD GT Pro. I got basics steering and gas/brake but buttons never worked. Also I was perplexed in configuration and the screen view (on my single monitor) was ver compressed and narrow (I'm used to roof cam on GT7).

Is there some sort of setup guide that helps a total noob navigate some of this? The last time I used a PC for gaming was in the late 90s and early 2000s... Things have changed a bit since then.

Hi, welcome to the fun. 😄
I don't believe the trial is up to date with the current version but was redone for 1.5.
We can help you right here. There's obviously 100's of yootoob vids but if you let us know what the issues are, there's people in here that can get you up and running, myself included.
You have a great wheel to use with AMS2. We can setup your Frame of View too.
Let us know what's up.

I did not get AM2 during the sale as I was not really ready to jump in at the time - still not. However I did download the trial. I think I read that the trial is not up to date with the current capabilities of the actual game. Is that right?

The biggest issue for me was that I felt totally lost in it. I'm coming from the PS5 side with GT7 and I had trouble working in the PC interface. I never really got it to work with my Fanatec DD GT Pro. I got basics steering and gas/brake but buttons never worked. Also I was perplexed in configuration and the screen view (on my single monitor) was ver compressed and narrow (I'm used to roof cam on GT7).

Is there some sort of setup guide that helps a total noob navigate some of this? The last time I used a PC for gaming was in the late 90s and early 2000s... Things have changed a bit since then.
Once you get into it I don't think you will be disappointed. It's a fantastic game.

I don't believe the trial is up to date with the current version but was redone for 1.5.
We can help you right here. There's obviously 100's of yootoob vids but if you let us know what the issues are, there's people in here that can get you up and running, myself included.
Let us know what's up.
I do need to figure out field of view. I think I'm too close to the steering wheel in a lot of cars.

Let us know what's up.
First thing is wheel set up. It just gives me two options for direct input wheel. No brand or name... If I select the first, there is something causing a constant down arrow application in the menu and it kind of crashes. If I select the second, I'm at least able to run the game. Obviously this is not right. So I guess the first question is do I need to configure something outside of the game in Windows first, say via the Fanatec configurator before the game correctly identifies the wheel?

Last edited:
Alright. I think best thing to do is to select custom setup and map all your buttons and whatnot separate. Try mapping that way.
My rig isn't on now but it will be in a short while. I can take some screenshots if you need them.

Jezza, I believe my FOV setting is at 52 for cockpit and I'm right up against the screen. Big 55" screen. There's a calculator for this but ultimately people use what they like and feels right. I have to say though that I feel like I drive faster and can interpret braking and cornering points better when my FOV is set right. Especially in the Madness Engine for some reason.

Alright. I think best thing to do is to select custom setup and map all your buttons and whatnot separate. Try mapping that way.
My rig isn't on now but it will be in a short while. I can take some screenshots if you need them.

Jezza, I believe my FOV setting is at 52 for cockpit and I'm right up against the screen. Big 55" screen. There's a calculator for this but ultimately people use what they like and feels right. I have to say though that I feel like I drive faster and can interpret braking and cornering points better when my FOV is set right. Especially in the Madness Engine for some reason.
I have the same setup. 55" tv also. This is before I got my CSL DD.

20190714_150805.jpg

I have to move my seat back in every car I get into with my FOV settings but once you do, you should have to do it again. A & D keys ready to go.

I have not tried installing any track mods as of yet. Perhaps in the next two weeks over holidays and vacation. I have installed and enjoy a variety of car mods. Easy to install and work great.

There's at least one somewhat highly requested feature being worked on that I didn't see mentioned, but I'm not sure if I can say more than that (although they did touch on it in a previous post). :P
That's why it's secrets. lol
I hear some things from the mod group I'm in anyways but I like being surprised almost more than knowing anyways. It makes it more special and exciting when these updates come out!

Back