Best and worst engine swaps?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 41 comments
I am fully convinced that the 2JZ-swapped GR Yaris is the best swap, especially since the base car and the engine itself are both incredibly affordable. Once you swap the engine, you get an amazing 4WD machine that can take on any events up to 700PP and maybe even beyond that. Plus, the car is great on dirt/snow courses.

I'm convinced that the 2JZ going into a GR Yaris is the best swap, especially since both the car and engine don't cost much. I use the resulting car in both 600PP and 700PP events, too.
I am fully convinced that the 2JZ-swapped GR Yaris is the best swap, especially since the base car and the engine itself are both incredibly affordable. Once you swap the engine, you get an amazing 4WD machine that can take on any events up to 700PP and maybe even beyond that. Plus, the car is great on dirt/snow courses.
???

Ok I know that the original Veyron motor drinks fuel like lemonade so why in this world of ours does the Subaru swap engine with half the number of cylinders drink more fuel?

Last edited:
I don't understand why the lemans swapped Mazda 3 is more of a pig to drive than the lemans swapped RX8. The 3 seems to want to understeer and oversteer at the same time, doesn't put the power down nicely, doesn't brake nicely and doesn't steer nicely. Usually my go to 4wd diff and torque split settings make those ****** haldex style awd systems behave like a proper full time 4wd but that mazda just doesn't want to play.

I absolutely love the R92CP swaps on the other hand.

My unrivalled favourite though is the type R swapped Beat.
Sounds like you've got the ride height too low

The engine swapped NSX '02 is a beast at 700pp. It's quite sensitive tune-wise, but once you nail it it's quicker than an Enzo and twice as economical, winning all the 700 races (Brands Hatch, Autopolis, Laguna Seca, etc) and farms Le Mans with ease... managing 8 laps if you really want to do an extra lap!

Best swaps imo are any that make me vehicles fast as hell.

The worst are ones that make already great vehicles slightly faster or anything going into the typical noob vehicles gtr/vette.

So for example the LFA into the Alphard or whatever it is = amazing

Bugatti engine into a skyline = ridiculous

Last edited:
The Bugatti Chiron's W16 inside the GT-R NISMO is the absolute best engine swap in the entire game. Give it some upgrades, nitrous and transmission tuning and you'll be hitting over 500km/h down Special Stage Route X. If you tune one as a track car or time attack build, it will do under six minutes on the Nurburgring.

The lamest engine swap for me would be the Honda FK8 Civic Type R swap on a Mini Cooper. Actually does more harm than good and makes it handle worse. Another is that the wheelspin kills its acceleration too much and will not benefit the car's top speed in the long run.

The Bugatti Chiron's W16 inside the GT-R NISMO is the absolute best engine swap in the entire game. Give it some upgrades, nitrous and transmission tuning and you'll be hitting over 500km/h down Special Stage Route X. If you tune one as a track car or time attack build, it will do under six minutes on the Nurburgring.
I agree, this thing is a beast. I ran a 6:06 at the Nurb at 800PP. I love lapping swapped cars there. I turned a 6:30 in the LT1 Mazda Roadster, pretty sketchy but fun to drive. Also, the sound of the LT4 '69 Camaro puts a smile on my face every time, 6:41.

I recently took the Hellcat Superbird to Daytona and raced against the supercars, that was some fun white knuckle racing. But one I haven't seen anyone mention is the Porsche 964 Sambabus. It carves up LeMans like butter. With a proper tune these cars are a joy to drive. check out Praiano's tunes here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/

I unfortunately have to say, anything with a 2JZ swap is bad to me due to the terrible sound it produces. The sound/note in game is so mild (even when fully built) it reminds me of the vacuum cleaner sound the majority of cars made in GT6 and prior. It completely boggles my mind the disservice polyphony has done to arguably the most legendary tuner engine of all time. It makes Driving anything with a 2JZ in it completely unenjoyable to me personally.

370Z with the V8 super GT engine, at 600pp on Sport Softs is awesome. And the Group B Evo X Road car with the Nismo GT-R engine is also a brilliant 600pp car, especially for the wet 12 lap Tokyo race.

I loathe the Sylvia's with the V8s, and the Mazda 3 with the quad rotor is utter crap.

Back