Best money strategy?

• Thread starter Don Wakita
  • 43 comments
Belgium
Flanders
VwAudiGroup
Hi all.

My apologies if this has been asked before or if I posted in the wrong section.

I recently started playing GT7 again and I was wondering what the best current money method is. I am grinding the Spa Francorchamps 1mil credit race (you get 1,5 mil with clean race bonus). Are there any better methods?

Regards

My apologies if this has been asked before
Unsurprisingly, it has :lol:

For one-time rewards, Circuit Experience is the quickest way to earn credits.

Similarly, Online Time Trials (which don't require PS+) are very fast, one-time rewards; you can get 2m credits each Thursday with very little time spent if you're anywhere reasonable. The current Afeela Prototype challenge at Lago Maggiore is not that hard to get gold in one lap (2:18.5 at present).

More of a time sink is the GT World Series (which does require PS+) and with considerably more variables, but you can conceivably pick up ~6m credits for three races if you're a high DR B driver (and more if you're a good DR A/A+ driver). One drawback is you only get it at the end of the series, but then that's only two weeks away. There's the same again for the Toyota GR GT Cup series, but that runs through to the autumn so not exactly instant cash.

For repeatable money there's the Big Three - WTC800/Spa (which I also do; it's impossible to lose the CRB unless you pass under yellows and get a penalty for it), WTC800/Sardegna, and WTC700/Le Mans.

If you want faster and less enjoyable (or possibly even unattended) ways, there's various exploits involving custom races with engine-swapped cars at Daytona Tri-Oval.

There's an exploit that PD haven't patched yet.

It allows you to earn a couple of million credits in about 20 seconds.

If you click on the icon next to your credit balance, and then click 'Top up on the Playstation' store, provided someone's registered their payment details on your account, and you have their permission to use it, you can get up to 2,000,000 Cr.

Easy Money.

I said it was an exploit, I didn't say who was being exploited.

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

For repeatable money there's the Big Three - WTC800/Spa (which I also do; it's impossible to lose the CRB unless you pass under yellows and get a penalty for it), WTC800/Sardegna, and WTC700/Le Mans.
Are they now more credits/time than Tokyo WTC600, or dont you like that event?

Are they now more credits/time than Tokyo WTC600, or dont you like that event?
Can't stand it. Also CRB is super-easy to lose there from what I recall; WTC700/800 events for some reason allow for literal punting, whereas elsewhere you only need to blend into any dust an AI kicks up to lose it...

Honestly had no idea people were still driving that one.

Can't stand it. Also CRB is super-easy to lose there from what I recall; WTC700/800 events for some reason allow for literal punting, whereas elsewhere you only need to blend into any dust an AI kicks up to lose it...

Honestly had no idea people were still driving that one.
Agreed on this. I was running Tokyo way back when the CRB was achievable. Then they patched it and changed the settings and made it nigh on impossible as the slightest brush of a wall or another car resulted in a loss of CRB. I instantly lost interest. I believe they've made it very slightly easier to get CRB there now, but it's still MUCH less achievable than the "Big Three".

Agreed on this. I was running Tokyo way back when the CRB was achievable. Then they patched it and changed the settings and made it nigh on impossible as the slightest brush of a wall or another car resulted in a loss of CRB. I instantly lost interest. I believe they've made it very slightly easier to get CRB there now, but it's still MUCH less achievable than the "Big Three".

I hate the start of that race on the damp track, but I think CRB is still just a case of not running wide at the hairpin.

I ran it a couple of times the other week to finally get the F1 GTR, I'm positive I got the CRB and I'd be stunned if I didn't clip the barrier anywhere.

Unsurprisingly, it has :lol:

For one-time rewards, Circuit Experience is the quickest way to earn credits.

Similarly, Online Time Trials (which don't require PS+) are very fast, one-time rewards; you can get 2m credits each Thursday with very little time spent if you're anywhere reasonable. The current Afeela Prototype challenge at Lago Maggiore is not that hard to get gold in one lap (2:18.5 at present).

More of a time sink is the GT World Series (which does require PS+) and with considerably more variables, but you can conceivably pick up ~6m credits for three races if you're a high DR B driver (and more if you're a good DR A/A+ driver). One drawback is you only get it at the end of the series, but then that's only two weeks away. There's the same again for the Toyota GR GT Cup series, but that runs through to the autumn so not exactly instant cash.

If you want faster and less enjoyable (or possibly even unattended) ways, there's various exploits involving custom races with engine-swapped cars at Daytona Tri-Oval.
I guessed it was asked before but thank you for your input. 👍🏻

@Famine I hope comment didn’t come over as rude. I should have formulated differently. My apologies.
There's an exploit that PD haven't patched yet.

It allows you to earn a couple of million credits in about 20 seconds.

If you click on the icon next to your credit balance, and then click 'Top up on the Playstation' store, provided someone's registered their payment details on your account, and you have their permission to use it, you can get up to 2,000,000 Cr.

Easy Money.

I said it was an exploit, I didn't say who was being exploited.

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons
Waiting for your details. 😉

Last edited:
Hi all.

My apologies if this has been asked before or if I posted in the wrong section.

I recently started playing GT7 again and I was wondering what the best current money method is. I am grinding the Spa Francorchamps 1mil credit race (you get 1,5 mil with clean race bonus). Are there any better methods?

Regards
Le Mans pays 825k for ~30 minutes, so a little bit more than Spa. But since the difference is rather low I'd say drive the one that you prefer.

Not sure why people say Tokyo's a bad event for grinding.

Sure, the Spa has a practically guaranteed CRB, but you also need to deal with the weather. And sure, it makes the race slightly more interesting, but honestly, Tokyo has been my go-to event for a long time and still is.

Just don't mingle with the AI.

Assuming you've completed everything, I like doing the weekly challenges, the online time trials where I typically get into silver range, and competing in championships where you can win a couple million credits at the end of them.

EDIT: I also try to avoid buying cars/parts that I don't necessarily need. When it comes to the UCD/LCD, I only buy a car if it happens to be available in a color I'd prefer. In that regard, I'm waiting for the Porsche 911 GT1 Street to appear in either white or silver, and I don't have one already.

Last edited:
@Don Wakita the race you choose is a good one but......but need one hour.
As they wrote above less " stressful " races are Sartegna and La Sarthe.
At La Sarthe i use to do the majority of my grinding races and now i " test " many other cars since the 700pp limit allow many of them to participate.
The same applies for Tokyo( variety of cars ) but i just " hate " it and its quite common for a player that isn't use to it to loose CRB.

A big help for griding is also the weekly races especially when rewards are only credits.

Also you can try to participate at Time trials .
A silver score for example which isn't that hard ( most of the times ) can give you 1 million plus per week which can be very helpful to griding procedure plus you deal with something different.

Most important - at least for me - is to have a plan for credits you earn and where you spend them.

For example:
Isn't wise at all to spend credits on swaps at early stages.

The same applies if you're buying the unicorns of the game that cost from 10 millions and above and being " broke " just to get one of them.

Also a good tip that i use personally was this one.

I decide to have an amount of credits that i never touch unless was needed for a certain race or fill a cafe menu or got an invitation ( especially for that ) for example.

The amount of credits that are always in the bank ( short of) is something that you will decide what will be according to your needs , liking or whatever.
Mine was 30 millions but that's what i choose.

My last advice : NEVER,EVER leave an invitation to pass by .
Always get invitation cars when you get one and if credits permit buy MORE than one .
All cars of the game will made a circle sooner or later, but with invitation cars you never know when you will get one .

Last edited:
No, it's fixed.
I'm sure I recall it having a wet and drying surface. Has that changed or are you saying it does have weather but the weather itself is fixed, whereas it's dynamic in WTC800 at Spa?

In any case, the weather at Spa makes your life easier. The AI cannot be proactive with tyres and weather, only reactive, and the more weather changes there are the more it's on the wrong tyre at the wrong time.

Not sure why people say Tokyo's a bad event for grinding.

Sure, the Spa has a practically guaranteed CRB, but you also need to deal with the weather. And sure, it makes the race slightly more interesting, but honestly, Tokyo has been my go-to event for a long time and still is.

Just don't mingle with the AI.
Which is why Sardegna is my jam lol...never-miss CRB and no weather.

I personally don't really think there's much point to wasting a lot of time on the CEs. At least if you're like me and probably going to need to spend at minimum several hours on each one (aside from the "easier" ones). It might be different if there was at least some money there for silvers but once you get the easy bronze it's gold or nothing.

Last edited:
I'm sure I recall it having a wet and drying surface. Has that changed or are you saying it does have weather but the weather itself is fixed, whereas it's dynamic in WTC800 at Spa?
What I'm saying is there is no dynamic weather, yes.

It's entirely up to interpretation of the term "weather", but to me weather is as simple as "Is there something significant on the weather radar?"

Last edited:

In any case, the weather at Spa makes your life easier. The AI cannot be proactive with tyres and weather, only reactive, and the more weather changes there are the more it's on the wrong tyre at the wrong time.
To remove the error of interpretation:
the race starts on a half-way wet track with fully wet spots at a few specific places.
The track itself is racing line dry around lap 3, but lap 2 can already be almost as fast.
Basically, if you manage to get by all the AI on lap 1, you have 11 laps where the wet track doesnt bother you at all.

CRB can be achieved in about 25 minutes with the LT swapped-Miata, or 26 minutes with other cars.
If one doesnt care at all, I thin wallriding CRB can be achieved in 24 minutes? Not sure at that though - and also not if the wallhitting rules have changed.

Assuming you've completed everything, I like doing the weekly challenges, the online time trials where I typically get into silver range, and competing in championships where you can win a couple million credits at the end of them.

EDIT: I also try to avoid buying cars/parts that I don't necessarily need. When it comes to the UCD/LCD, I only buy a car if it happens to be available in a color I'd prefer. In that regard, I'm waiting for the Porsche 911 GT1 Street to appear in either white or silver, and I don't have one already.
So far; completed all master licence challenges except the last one (1,5 sec away from gold 🥲), did all the menu books, currently trying to get all extra menu’s filled, recently started doing the weekly challenges, time trials means mostly silver for me,…

When it comes to cars, most are gifted or to complete the extra menus. Got invites for Lambo and Ferrari so had to buy those and got a couple of favorites. I’ve spent 30mil to buy 106 cars. Got 193 cars so far.
@Don Wakita the race you choose is a good one but......but need one hour.
As they wrote above less " stressful " races are Sartegna and La Sarthe.
At La Sarthe i use to do the majority of my grinding races and now i " test " many other cars since the 700pp limit allow many of them to participate.
The same applies for Tokyo( variety of cars ) but i just " hate " it and its quite common for a player that isn't use to it to loose CRB.

A big help for griding is also the weekly races especially when rewards are only credits.

Also you can try to participate at Time trials .
A silver score for example which isn't that hard ( most of the times ) can give you 1 million plus per week which can be very helpful to griding procedure plus you deal with something different.

Most important - at least for me - is to have a plan for credits you earn and where you spend them.

For example:
Isn't wise at all to spend credits on swaps at early stages.

The same applies if you're buying the unicorns of the game that cost from 10 millions and above and being " broke " just to get one of them.

Also a good tip that i use personally was this one.

I decide to have an amount of credits that i never touch unless was needed for a certain race or fill a cafe menu or got an invitation ( especially for that ) for example.

The amount of credits that are always in the bank ( short of) is something that you will decide what will be according to your needs , liking or whatever.
Mine was 30 millions but that's what i choose.

My last advice : NEVER,EVER leave an invitation to pass by .
Always get invitation cars when you get one and if credits permit buy MORE than one .
All cars of the game will made a circle sooner or later, but with invitation cars you never know when you will get one .
That is alot of good info. Thank you for that.

Thank you all for the help. Much appreciated.

completed all master licence challenges except the last one (1,5 sec away from gold 🥲)
If you can drive manual, there’s a trick to going faster: when you hit the redline for the longer high speed sections like from Hairpin to Spoon or Spoon to 130R, shift up two gears in rapid succession instead of just one.

It isn’t easy to do, but you can find a lot of time with that trick.

So I have completed licenses, CE, missions and all of the other 170+ races.

The strategy I use now is a rotation of:
  • choose a car for either 600/700/800pp
  • build a car to spec
  • enter it’s respective WTC championship
  • do the money grind race being either Tokyo/LeMans/Sardegna or Spa
  • do the sport mode time trial
  • complete weekly challenge

So I have completed licenses, CE, missions and all of the other 170+ races.

The strategy I use now is a rotation of:
  • choose a car for either 600/700/800pp
  • build a car to spec
  • enter it’s respective WTC championship
  • do the money grind race being either Tokyo/LeMans/Sardegna or Spa
  • do the sport mode time trial
  • complete weekly challenge
Same here. I've been favoring the WTC800 at Watkins Glen as of late. Great fun with tuned-up street cars that get 3-4 laps on fuel. The AI is very aggressive, making the CRB somewhat of a challenge.

I guess I'm a bit of a weirdo. I couldn't care less about tuning cars and racing the AI. Just not interested at all. I grind Sardegna to earn money to buy cars because I want ALL the cars asap so I can do the thing I enjoy most in the game - pick a track (whatever floats my boat but more often than not Nordschleife), pick cars from my garage (stock...I really never tune them except in rare situations) and drive. That's it. So the idea of making the grind race a challenge or in any way risky in terms of the payout is completely not where I'm at. I want it to be easy peasy every time with no chance of missing a CRB.

I run Sardegna at least once a day usually with my morning coffee before work. When I have "real time for GT" I get the wheel rig out and I work on the online TTs quite a lot. Then, for pure enjoyment I do the thing with random cars on tracks of my choosing just driving. I stopped bothering with the weekly races long ago other than doing the one 3-lapper to get the 100k one race prize. Other than that I'll just run Sardegna again instead.

Last edited:
Honestly just log on once a week to do the time trials & keep an eye on the forum every now and then to see if you get lucky for a 3rd money glitch.

Outside of that, I wouldn't waste my time grinding for credits in this game because it's ultra boring & a purposely disgusting grind to try and drive you towards outrageous MTX prices.

I'm a lot happier with GT7 when im playing other games, & just pop on every now & then to do time trials & mess around in customs.

For me, WTC 600 Tokyo Rain reigns supreme when it comes to credit grinding.
I use exclusively road cars for that event and you can win that race with most road cars available in the game.
I've used WTC700 Le Mans 30' for the first year and a half and switched to Tokyo 12 laps roughly a year ago.

I like that event so much that I actually host a lobby where we run it several times in a row...
It's called "street racing on Shutoko" or "Shutoko Masters" or sometimes"WTC600 Endurance", feel free to come and join anytime although this is not really helping for credit grinding.
I have the heavy penalties on to prevent wall riding and the swaps off because of the OP fuel efficiency of the race engines. These are the only differences between the grind race and my online lobby settings.
I have tried many things to emulate the drying track but it always end up drying up much faster than the grind race.

Last edited:
Sardinia wtc800; or Le Mans wtc700 remain the best money makers, difficult to loose CRB and easy to pick a car that will let you to win by a lap or more. Sardinia is the quickest of the races and it stays dry, highest $ per second.
An hour at Spa whilst a great race does become a lottery at times with the CRB at risk in the rain especially if it comes early, the yellow flag warning isn't always in time to stop you stonking past a car when a leader has hit a big puddle and slid off sideways.

Latest Posts

Back