bomb da base: act ii

• Thread starter Josh
  • 36 comments

Josh

Silent Army
Staff Emeritus
United States
South Carolina
Alright, I've bought the $100,000 bomb, and picked up 8-Ball, and I've arrived at the docks, but what do I do after that?:confused: Everytime I go to the docks, and fire off 1 shot with the sniper rifle, it says, "MISSION FAILED.....8-Ball has been iced", or something like that...:mad: Can anyone help me out and tell me who I need to shoot first, or what I need to do first?:confused: Thanks...:P

trying to sink the ship...

alright check it out... let 8-ball get out the car, you run around the corner of that warehouse closet to the ship... there is a set of stairs, go up those... I went on the roof, but my friends say you can see eye level with everyone on the ship just by going up the first level of stairs...

once postioned, look for the guys by the trucks at the bottom of the ramp, take them two out first, then move your scope up to the ship, take out every last person you see, try to do it in order from closet to the ramp to the furtherest...

your trying to kill everyone before they see 8-ball, so you have to move fairly quickly. It may take you couple times to figure out where everyone is on the ship, but once you know, its really easy...

Good Luck man!!! This is one of the best missions I think... Specially on the first Island.

Let us know how you do, I hope I helped. :thumbsup: :D

Whew, thanks Magic!:D I haven't tried it yet, but I have a good feeling it's gonna work great!:) I'm getting up to do it now, and I'll be back in about 30 minutes(enough time for me to either succesfully complete the mission, or get really upset and give up...:D) Thanks again...:D:D:D I'll be back...:P

There are those red barrels, shoot them and they blow up, and if there's people near them, they're gone too. That is the easyiest way.

What's the difference between Act 1 and act 2? I never figured it out.

Originally posted by MazKid
What's the difference between Act 1 and act 2? I never figured it out.

Act 1 is where you go to 8-Ball and he tells you that the mission is going to cost $100,000. After he told me that, I went and saved the game. After I saved it, I went back to 8-Ball, and it started act 2(where he says, "Okay, let's do this..."

Magic, can you tell me how many people are on the ship that I have to kill? I killed 4 last time(and was about to kill a 5th, but someone shot 8-ball). I only saw 5 people(2 near ramp, 3 on ship)...:confused:

Originally posted by Josh
Magic, can you tell me how many people are on the ship that I have to kill? I killed 4 last time(and was about to kill a 5th, but someone shot 8-ball). I only saw 5 people(2 near ramp, 3 on ship)...:confused:

damn... i am not at the game... there should be about 7... i think. Some where around there.

I finally got it!:eek::D

After about 5 times of trying to shoot them from the roof(I couldn't do it because I was too far away, and the guys were tiny) I went to the top of the first set of stairs(one floor above the ground), and tried that 3 times. I got it on the third try...:P I got scared when I saw 8-Ball runnin' from the explosions cause I thought he was going to get blown up too(and if he would have got blown up I'da killed him for screwing things up for me:P)...:D

Anyways, after I did that, I went to Salvatore(or whatever the big guy's name is), and he told me to "take care" of a car with brains in it. I was going to do that, but I got a message on my pager that it was a trap so I went and met that chick who led me onto a boat(a very very slow moving boat:mad::D), and I drove the boat to Stauntan(sp?) Island. I'm not really liking this new Island because I'm so used to the old one, and I don't know my way around yet...:nervous::)

Anyways, thanks for all your help Magic!!!;) Couldn't have done it without ya!:D

P.S. Me & my gf counted all the men on that ship, and we both counted 12(10 on ship, 2 by the ramp on the dock)!:eek:

Great job Josh, I love Portland more than Stuanton because Portland is more like a grid, Staunton is just too confusing when you start out on it, better cars in Staunton man!!!!

After about 5 times of trying to shoot them from the roof(I couldn't do it because I was too far away, and the guys were tiny) I went to the top of the first set of stairs(one floor above the ground), and tried that 3 times. I got it on the third try...:P I got scared when I saw 8-Ball runnin' from the explosions cause I thought he was going to get blown up too(and if he would have got blown up I'da killed him for screwing things up for me:P)...:D

Anyways, after I did that, I went to Salvatore(or whatever the big guy's name is), and he told me to "take care" of a car with brains in it. I was going to do that, but I got a message on my pager that it was a trap so I went and met that chick who led me onto a boat(a very very slow moving boat:mad::D), and I drove the boat to Stauntan(sp?) Island. I'm not really liking this new Island because I'm so used to the old one, and I don't know my way around yet...:nervous::)

Anyways, thanks for all your help Magic!!!;) Couldn't have done it without ya!:D

P.S. Me & my gf counted all the men on that ship, and we both counted 12(10 on ship, 2 by the ramp on the dock)!:eek:

GOOD JOB!!! hehe, you were smarter then I I didn't believe that page and died the first time... :lol:

The new island is cool, lots of fast cars... Neat missions!!! Only thing I don't like about it, lots of elevated highways, and roads and stuff, hard to get on the right one.

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
Great job Josh

Thanks ZeroCool!:D

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
I love Portland more than Stuanton because Portland is more like a grid, Staunton is just too confusing when you start out on it, better cars in Staunton man!!!!

That's also why I liked Portland. It's like a huge grid, and after about an hour of cruising around, you know where almost everything is at by memory. Staunton is way more confusing(but after a while, it too will become familiar, I'm sure...). Definitely better cars! The first car I drove on Staunton was the Yakuza Stinger(or something like that), and it was awesome!:D

The first car I drove on Staunton was the Yakuza Stinger(or something like that), and it was awesome!:D

thats nothing, wait till you do the Grand Theft Auto mission, you'll learn what the nice cars are... :smilewink

The Banshee is everywhere in Staunton, same with the normal Stinger, the Yardie (gang) Lobo has hydralics, use the right analog to control the hydralics, Cheetah's are good cars, same with the Infernus, the mini man is great, i cannot think of its name at the moment but its pretty cool, also if you get 5 stars the FBI comes after you on Staunton, and you get to use the boats on some missions.

Originally posted by Magic069

thats nothing, wait till you do the Grand Theft Auto mission, you'll learn what the nice cars are... :smilewink

No Magic the Grand Theft Aero mission is where its at! You get to steal/drive/fly an aeroplane.

GOOD JOB!!!

Thanks Magic!:D

hehe, you were smarter then I I didn't believe that page and died the first time... :lol:

Well, I didn't wanna listen to that page I got either. My girlfriend was like, "you'd better listen to her, you know she's right..." I was like, "whatever, I bet she's luring me into some sort of trap, and then she's gonna kill me," but after a while I started thinking about all sorts of weird stuff, like, "oh my God, they're probably both traps, but if they are where the hell am I supposed to go?????" I got scared, thought everyone was out to kill me, and eventually said screw it, I'm just gonna listen to that girl and go talk to her...:lol::D

The new island is cool, lots of fast cars... Neat missions!!! Only thing I don't like about it, lots of elevated highways, and roads and stuff, hard to get on the right one.

Definitely some really fast cars. The only mission I've tried so far was the one where I had to kill the main guy back on Portland(was I the only one surprised about those two girls telling me my mission going into that little "massager" scit? I was like, WHOA! animated lesbians!)

Anyways, those elevated highways, and bridges are the things that are confusing me most right now, but I'll figure 'em out...:D

Congrats man. It was so freakin easy for me. All i did was grabbed an adrenline pill before I ran up the stairs. Made everything so slow. Much easier to sniper people with that.

Thanks for the congrats, Viper Maniac!:D

I just had a really bad experience with one of the prostitutes on GTA3!:nervous: I picked her up, took her to the peer, and took care of business(;)), and when we were finished, she got out of the car, and RAN off of the peer into the water, thus killing herself...:(:nervous: I didn't know I was that bad...:lol:

Thanks for the congrats, Viper Maniac!:D

I just had a really bad experience with one of the prostitutes on GTA3!:nervous: I picked her up, took her to the peer, and took care of business(;)), and when we were finished, she got out of the car, and RAN off of the peer into the water, thus killing herself...:(:nervous: I didn't know I was that bad...:lol:

Wow I uh am sorry to hear that. :lol: :lol:

I just screwed myself over BIG time!!!:mad::nervous:

Yesterday, I completed the last mission required to get off Portland, and I was able to get to the second Island. Well, I got bored, went online and searched for some codes for GTA3, and I found some. I used the FLYING CAR code, and the JUMPING CAR code. I was on the second Island(on the draw-bridge that connects the 2nd Island with the third), haven't completed one single mission on Island 2, and I was hauling ass on that bridge and I hit the L3 button and it made the car jump, and with the FLYING car code on, I started flying. I flew over the gap in the bridges, landing on the third Island(I meant to, but didn't know it was going to screw me over somehow). I saved the game right after I got there(HUGE MISTAKE!!!)Cool, huh? NOT! After about 5 minutes of driving around on the this Island which I didn't belong on, I realized that there were no missions for me here, and decided to go back to the second. Well, I can't, and I can't just load game either, since I was stupid enough to save the game once I got to the 3rd Island. So, I have to either start ALL OVER, or find a way back...:mad::nervous:

Never again will I use those stupid codes...:P:lol:

Yesterday, I completed the last mission required to get off Portland, and I was able to get to the second Island. Well, I got bored, went online and searched for some codes for GTA3, and I found some. I used the FLYING CAR code, and the JUMPING CAR code. I was on the second Island(on the draw-bridge that connects the 2nd Island with the third), haven't completed one single mission on Island 2, and I was hauling ass on that bridge and I hit the L3 button and it made the car jump, and with the FLYING car code on, I started flying. I flew over the gap in the bridges, landing on the third Island(I meant to, but didn't know it was going to screw me over somehow). I saved the game right after I got there(HUGE MISTAKE!!!)Cool, huh? NOT! After about 5 minutes of driving around on the this Island which I didn't belong on, I realized that there were no missions for me here, and decided to go back to the second. Well, I can't, and I can't just load game either, since I was stupid enough to save the game once I got to the 3rd Island. So, I have to either start ALL OVER, or find a way back...:mad::nervous:

:shakehead :odd: :shakehead

Hehe, I did the same thing. I like the 3rd island a lot, so that's my place, unless I get killed or busted. I have only done 2 missions on 2, and now I have 97 packages, and go driving around and haveing fun.

:reallyodd :nervous: :shakehead :shakehead

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!1

Serves you right for using those codes.... LOL....

Well everybody I finally beat this mission. Also on my first mission on the second island I killed my mafia dude. :) I am finally off of Portland and it feels good. :) Also, how do I get into the stadium? I really want to go in.

Originally posted by ViperConcept
Well everybody I finally beat this mission. Also on my first mission on the second island I killed my mafia dude. :) I am finally off of Portland and it feels good. :) Also, how do I get into the stadium? I really want to go in.

Congrats man. On the stadium thing, as far as I know you can't get in there. I have tried everythin I could think of and nothing.

whats the jump code??that sounds cool.and to the stuck dude..use the tank and the flying code to get off if you are good enough at flying...

Well I would if I knew the code. I printed out pages worth of codes from cheatcc.com but I dont recall seeing a flying cheat. Would you please share.........:confused:

Back