Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 5,867 comments
United States
a baby, candy, it's like taking.
TexRex72
Bad takes by broken people. Cartoons, images, memes. Also media (traditional or 'social'). Direct embed or screenshot, though the latter may be preferable as they're protected from takedowns at the source. Content highlighted by others also acceptable. Ideally of a political bent, given the subforum. Forum guidelines apply.

On profanity: The forum's profanity filter is a good guide for what words are deemed inappropriate on the platform and how much of them should be censored. If you're not sure about a word that appears either in full or only partly censored, you can write the word in advanced posting options and preview before posting, or simply drop a potential offending image into a spoiler box* with a warning.

20210506_081405.png

Here are some to get the ball rolling.

ExQbcH3W8AAyvF0.jpg
ERB2gENUEAEiFGJ.jpg
E0o3FSpXMAMyjAA.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, if we're going to be doing this, for crying out loud make sure the images you're posting adhere to our AUP.

Five posts in and we're at strike one already.

This forum is already gold. Holy cow, some of the stuff here is just unbelievable. A normal functioning brain surely can't come up with nonsense on this level. Some of it must be trolling or something.

I've gotten to the point now where I wear a mask to piss people off. Utah lifted every single restriction on Tuesday and while many businesses still require masks, people ignore it. While out and about yesterday afternoon, I was told by two people (they were together) that I didn't need to be wearing my mask. Instead of explaining to them the benefits of the mask and whatnot, I chose to ignore them, which apparently causes them to get unreasonably angry. I think I'm just going to keep wearing my mask to...uhhh...own the Cons since they seem to be a bunch of snowflakes getting triggered over a piece of cloth.

I've gotten to the point now where I wear a mask to piss people off. Utah lifted every single restriction on Tuesday and while many businesses still require masks, people ignore it. While out and about yesterday afternoon, I was told by two people (they were together) that I didn't need to be wearing my mask. Instead of explaining to them the benefits of the mask and whatnot, I chose to ignore them, which apparently causes them to get unreasonably angry. I think I'm just going to keep wearing my mask to...uhhh...own the Cons since they seem to be a bunch of snowflakes getting triggered over a piece of cloth.
There's something special about people who will verbally accost others solely for their compliance with requirements set by private property owners while flouting those very requirements.

Kinda not sure where to put this. There's a tweet from an anti-vaxx, anti-mask, COVID-denying assclown, but what makes it is the response.

I obviously decided, but regardless of venue, there's an F-bomb in the image.

E0uqwvuWQBEZS7N.jpg

Kinda not sure where to put this. There's a tweet from an anti-vaxx, anti-mask, COVID-denying assclown, but what makes it is the response.

I obviously decided, but regardless of venue, there's an F-bomb in the image.

E0uqwvuWQBEZS7N.jpg
I didn't get this until I looked up @dril's feed and discovered "STFU" appears to be Corey's catchphrase.

As for Dr Wolf (actually a PhD in literature rather than an MD), if the following post is typical of her output then she definitely belongs here and not on the Covid thread.

E0ul0czUUAEvWiQ.png

Last edited:
This thread. :embarrassed:
:lol:

Okay, at its most basic, a "bad take" is an error in judgement; a statement or decision based on flawed logic or a misunderstanding of circumstances (such as the law or another specialized field in which the person has no expertise, like science).

Bad takes aren't always worthy of scorn because we're all human and none of us are perfect, but some takes are so bad that they reflect poorly on the person who offered them.

Take this example:

ExHW39AWUAYzUHu.jpg

Why is it a bad take? Because people should absolutely be treated humanely, even if they aren't afforded certain protections or privileges reserved for citizens or legal residents.

It doesn't help matters that this particular individual is a United States Senator for the state of Texas, one of two people at any given time to serve as the highest level representative of a state's people in federal government.

Since it's full of stuff with bad language, I'll just say if you want to see an absolute gold mine of this stuff check out the Reddit r/ParlerWatch. It started as a way for people to bust those bragging about invading the Capitol, but since those people have largely been dealt with it is now mostly just screencaps from Parler and other social media sites that make you question humanity.

Since it's full of stuff with bad language, I'll just say if you want to see an absolute gold mine of this stuff check out the Reddit r/ParlerWatch. It started as a way for people to bust those bragging about invading the Capitol, but since those people have largely been dealt with it is now mostly just screencaps from Parler and other social media sites that make you question humanity.
I don't so much as browse Reddit, but PatriotTakes on the Twitter is probably similarly themed. There are more platforms monitored on it, though. I think that happened after Parler got hacked.

Here's a bad take in video form, and it documents actual theft that I gather has been perpetrated previously, proudly, if the comments made by the right trash filming himself are anything to go by.

Law and order.

Dz5c0wDUcAARV_-.jpg

I suspect Khan is way too far left for these guys.
Undoubtedly. I actually wasn't trying to say anything by posting that, rather I just grin at the contrast between Kirby and Khan.

I love John Wayne, and though he tilted completely into McCarthyism, I'd wager the Republican party today wouldn't hesitate to brand him a RINO; he'd never have lived down voting for FDR.

Back